Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Secret Identity of Jack the Ripper - 1988 Special Feature with Peter Ustinov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Or Haillie Rubenhold (joke!!!!!!)
    Imagine the Twitter meltdown with her and her fans if this actually happened.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
    JayHartley.com

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
      As most of those mentioned have already written books,and used other means to project their views,I would suggest,independent assessors,using information that is already recorded.A sort of Judge or Jury,tasked with deciding,fisrstly who qualifies as a suspect,and then who is the best suspect.
      You kind of need both. The people who have studied their suspect the most should be given a platform to make their case, and present what they believe is evidence. The expert panel after each submission can make their assessments. Let the public then decide.

I actually think the likes of Paul Begg would make a good ‘verifier’. The experts in their field would need someone with no horse in the race but an expert in the events of the case, to contextualise any of the points raised by those presenting their suspects to the experts.

I actually believe this could be done as a live web event where you can bring in live questions from the public too.
      JayHartley.com

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post

You kind of need both. The people who have studied their suspect the most should be given a platform to make their case, and present what they believe is evidence. The expert panel after each submission can make their assessments. Let the public then decide.

I actually think the likes of Paul Begg would make a good ‘verifier’. The experts in their field would need someone with no horse in the race but an expert in the events of the case, to contextualise any of the points raised by those presenting their suspects to the experts.

I actually believe this could be done as a live web event where you can bring in live questions from the public too.
        Agreed!

Each person could present the case for their particular suspect and then the panel of experts could verify the arguments and mediate.

An interactive web event with questions and observations from the public would be a great idea.

Oh! I wish someone would pick this idea up!

I would certainly watch and perhaps participate.

Comment

Well you can start it off.Just compose a summary of the case against a particular person and post it.You are as capable as anyone else.There are no experts,it;s just that some are more capable because they have studied the case in greater detail.

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
            Well you can start it off.Just compose a summary of the case against a particular person and post it.You are as capable as anyone else.There are no experts,it;s just that some are more capable because they have studied the case in greater detail.
            Don’t we all just do that anyway on here?

This is about bringing all that knowledge and expertise into one room. It would be a tour de force if done right. Perhaps one of the many conferences should be more structured like this?
            JayHartley.com

Comment

Working...
            X