RipperCon-Baltimore 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
    There were 10 talks and 3 panel discussions at Baltimore which ALL deserve to be heard and promoted, which is why there is a one week gap between each talk. You are entitled to your opinion (that everything other than the LISK talk puts you to sleep, and you may be dead before you hear the only talk you are interested in) but truthfully such unappreciative comments do not encourage me to rush out and release the LISK talk only so it pleases RockySullivan.

Next up will be the Suspect Panel Discussion with Martin Fido, Robert Anderson and Michael Hawley.

Stay Tuned,

JM
    It was joke, it's only been 2 or 3 weeks. Yes I've been waiting for the LISK talk to be posted in hopes that might shed new light on a case that is very dark. I probably don't need to hold my breath but all the same I am just in case there is one little missing piece of the puzzle in there somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
      Hi Jonathan,

many thanks for all the great work in getting these talks online for those of us who were unable to be there.

And a general thanks for all the podcasts

Steve
      Hi Jonathan

As co-organizer of RipperCon I also want to mention again how much we appreciate your fine work on bringing our talks to a wider public. Also in regard to Mike's talk, I was amazed at the clarity of the sound. Impressive. Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Chris
      Christopher T. George
      Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
      just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
      For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
      RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Hello Jonathan...

As someone who was at the conference I would also like to thank you for the Bang-Up job you are doing....the sound is amazing (also a HUGE thanks to Robert Anderson for recording everything!!!)...

It's great to re-listen to these talks, to really take in more info...especially the Saturday talks as my brain still may have been swimming in Vodka Gimlets from Friday night (yes Chris..Robert, Rob, Mike, Martin, et al...you know what I mean ��)....only wish you could have been there Jonathan, you would have had a blast!! As would all of you reading this I'm sure.

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

P.S...with regard to the Michael Hawley talk....gotta love the shout out to Tonawanda that Mike gave....always nice to have your birth town mentioned in a lecture, especially when it's so small it's almost invisible....for those who may not know, Tonawanda is where the Erie canal ends....not Buffalo like in the song....quaint little city on the Erie Canal and the mighty Niagara River...should really post some pictures of the end of the canal...maybe next time I am there I will take some.

Steadmund Brand
          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Available now to stream or download:

JM

Comment

Thank you Jonathan

Steve

Comment

I haven't finished listening to Mike yet, give me a break.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Just now finished listening to Mike's talk.

Damn I wish I'd been there.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    Just now finished listening to Mike's talk.

Damn I wish I'd been there.
                    Oh, you missed a couple spots, so you'll have to listen to my whole talk again. Just sayin'.

Mike
                    The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                    http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Originally posted by mklhawley View Post
                      Oh, you missed a couple spots, so you'll have to listen to my whole talk again. Just sayin'.

Mike
                      Ok sent you a pm
                      G U T

Comment

Note the two recent podcasts of talks at RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, information posted above. Also watch for a report on RipperCon written by Brian Young upcoming in the Whitechapel Journal due out soon!
                        Christopher T. George

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
                          Note the two recent podcasts of talks at RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, information posted above. Also watch for a report on RipperCon written by Brian Young upcoming in the Whitechapel Journal due out soon!
                          Can Brian actually write? Unlike his adopted twin.
                          G U T

Comment

Brian has written an engaging account of going to RipperCon in Baltimore. Here's a sample:

Baltimore, Baseball and Boogeymen: My trip to RipperCon, Jack the Ripper–True Crime Conference, April 8–10
                            By Brian Young

Oh really… A Jack the Ripper conference….how…..interesting.” Those were last words said to me by the woman sitting next to me on the plane the entire way to Baltimore. But I didn’t mind. I was excited to be on my way from Buffalo, New York, to my very first Ripper conference! Besides, I was used to that reaction, as I’m sure we all are, when our interest in Jack the Ripper comes up.

For those of you who may think RipperCon would be nothing more than “all you ever needed to know about Jack but were afraid to ask” I’m here to set the record straight. Sure you will get your fix of the Ripper, but there was much more to it than that.…

Watch for Brian Young's entire report on RipperCon upcoming in the June issue of the Whitechapel Journal!
                            Christopher T. George

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              Can Brian actually write? Unlike his adopted twin.
                              He can... but alas, he can't throw a boomerang or play a didgeridoo....we have so much to teach each other my adopted twin on the other side of the world!!!!

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                                He can... but alas, he can't throw a boomerang or play a didgeridoo....we have so much to teach each other my adopted twin on the other side of the world!!!!

Steadmund Brand
                                Can throw a Boomerang, but the darn thing keeps coming back,meant play a didg, had me nose broken too often.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X