Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RipperCon-Baltimore 2016

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RipperCon-Baltimore 2016

    Coming soon to listeners of Rippercast: Your Podcast on Jack the Ripper and the Whitechapel Murders...

    We are very excited to be able to bring to you a multi-episode podcast extravaganza...



    Links to all of the talks from the 2016 Baltimore RipperCon Convention will be posted in this thread below.
    You will be redirected to the Ripper Podcast section to your left where the talk (along with accompanying slides when available) can be streamed or downloaded.
    Or you can subscribe to the podcast through the iTunes Music Store and have each talk automatically synced with your device as it is released.

    The talks and roundtable discussions will be released in the order in which they took place at the Maryland Historical Society in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016.

    Stay Tuned!



    JM
    Last edited by jmenges; 04-25-2016, 08:10 PM.

  • #2
    The first talk from Rippercon is Mikita Brottman's 'The Life and Times of the Yorkshire Ripper'.



    Mikita Brottman a professor in the department of Humanistic Studies and the MA Program in Critical Studies at the Maryland Institute College of Art as well as a certified psychoanalyst and volunteer at the Prison Scholars Program at the Jessup Correctional Institute, which is a maximum security prison in Maryland. She is also the author of several non-fiction books and her latest work, titled the Maximum Security Book Club, will be published this June. Ms Brottman grew up in Sheffield during the time that Peter Sutcliffe was an active serial killer, and her experience as a young woman at that time and place makes for a very interesting talk on The Yorkshire Ripper.

    Visit her website at mikitabrottman.com for a full list and links to all of her books.

    Stream or download the talk along with the accompanying slide show here:

    http://www.casebook.org/podcast/listen.html?id=126


    Also available in iTunes.

    Thanks for listening!



    JM

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks, Jonathan! We missed you at RipperCon. Our thanks to you and Robert Anderson who kindly recorded the talks at RipperCon for you to Rippercast for the world!

      Janis Wilson & Chris George, Co-Organizers, RipperCon


      Mikita Brottman during her talk on the Yorkshire Ripper at RipperCon April 8-10, 2016 in France Hall at the Maryland Historical Society by Robert Anderson.
      Christopher T. George
      Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
      just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
      For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
      RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

      Comment


      • #4
        The next talk from Baltimore is ONLINE NOW!



        Download or stream from this link:

        http://www.casebook.org/podcast/listen.html?id=127

        Rippercast is also available for FREE subscription in the iTunes Music Store.



        JM

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jmenges View Post
          The next talk from Baltimore is ONLINE NOW!



          Download or stream from this link:


          Rippercast is also available for FREE subscription in the iTunes Music Store.



          JM
          Link's missing
          G U T

          There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

          Comment


          • #6
            You're too quick GUT.
            I have to post to the thread first and then finish the entry on the podcast page.
            It's there now.

            Enjoy!

            JM

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jmenges View Post
              You're too quick GUT.
              I have to post to the thread first and then finish the entry on the podcast page.
              It's there now.

              Enjoy!

              JM
              Sorry mate.
              G U T

              There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

              Comment


              • #8
                Darn inpatient Aussies �� relax and put the shrimp on the barby and it'll be ready.....trust me...this one is worth the wait (I hope you can download the slideshow as well....really helps!!!)....such inpatients, if you weren't so damn handsome the lovely Ms. GUT would never be able to tolerate your behavior hahahah.....by the way....a gift may be coming soon to the land down under

                Thanks Jonathan....as always doing a great job on the podcasts!!!

                Steadmund Brand
                "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                  Darn inpatient Aussies �� relax and put the shrimp on the barby and it'll be ready.....trust me...this one is worth the wait (I hope you can download the slideshow as well....really helps!!!)....such inpatients, if you weren't so damn handsome the lovely Ms. GUT would never be able to tolerate your behavior hahahah.....by the way....a gift may be coming soon to the land down under

                  Thanks Jonathan....as always doing a great job on the podcasts!!!

                  Steadmund Brand
                  And I need your details sent you a message the other day. Mrs Gut now calls you my adopted American twin, shows everyone the photo.
                  Last edited by GUT; 05-10-2016, 03:55 AM.
                  G U T

                  There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Mike Hawley in action at RipperCon in Baltimore April 8-10, 2016, by Robert Anderson

                    Christopher T. George
                    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks to all involved for making this available.

                      Currently reading Mike's book, so I'm going to listen after I've finnished it.
                      dustymiller
                      aka drstrange

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
                        Thanks to all involved for making this available.

                        Currently reading Mike's book, so I'm going to listen after I've finnished it.
                        I've started it and stopped it a few times, just need to find time to sit and listen.
                        G U T

                        There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GUT View Post
                          I've started it and stopped it a few times, just need to find time to sit and listen.
                          Same here. Have yet to get through more than the first 10 minutes. Though I have a nice long car trip fast approaching, might save it for that. If my companions have a problem with that- they can suck it and walk... Maybe try holding onto the luggage rack.
                          Iím often irrelevant. It confuses people.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
                            Same here. Have yet to get through more than the first 10 minutes. Though I have a nice long car trip fast approaching, might save it for that. If my companions have a problem with that- they can suck it and walk... Maybe try holding onto the luggage rack.
                            I think I'll have a bit of time this weekend.
                            G U T

                            There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Be sure to grab the pdf with the slides. Mike put a lot of effort into them and it paid off.

                              JM

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X