No announcement yet.

Rippercast: Crime-buff episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There will be a new show up Saturday afternoonish, and we'll record another one on Sunday.

JM

Comment

Fantastic. Thanks very much for the quick reply here(and my apologies for the little detour from the thread subject).

More to the subject, however, I can add that-thanks to you-Jon, I ordered the book "Victorian Murderesses" by Hartman; it arrived today. Looks like great reading.

Comment

Podcast Idea: Re-Examine the Crippen Case

Hi, Jon. I'd like to nominate the Crippen case and its recent controversy as the subject for an upcoming podcast.

I have just recently gotten into this subject after watching the 2008 US documentary regarding the recent DNA tests.
        (NOTE: I attached that video to the 'Crippen Documentary' thread if anyone would like to watch it; it was featured on a PBS series
        called 'Secrets of the Dead'.)

I'm still reading that excellent thread, and looking forward to reading the Crippen piece you yourself did for Ripper Notes.

It would be great to have individuals such as yourself, SPE, Debs, Chris & others discuss various elements of that case.

I'd particularly like it to include a clarification of the convoluted genealogical research the new DNA tests were predicated on.

I'm also curious about the state of criminal forensic procedures at the time, such as whether the analysts handling the crime scene evidence were aware of how easily physical evidence can become contaminated, and whether they would have worn rubber gloves or not.

So...Any chance of doing a podcast re-examination of the Crippen case? I'm crossing my fingers!

Thanks very much, Archaic

Comment

Hi Archaic,

I'd really like to do a Crippen show and if Debs is available it would be a "go". You might not know that there is another scientific investigation currently taking place focusing on Crippen's first wife's death in Salt Lake City. I am unable to reveal all the info that I am privy to, hence my reluctance to do a Crippen show in the past. Now, since the Crimebuffs theme came about, I feel differently about it and am willing to do a show on the DNA of a man/ Belle Rose and all that nonsense and if the Utah team goes public then I guess we'd have to do a follow-up.

If you would like to read my Ripper Notes article, I can either send you an email pdf of the article or mail you the whole issue it appeared in. I have a few copies. Keep in mind it was written and published before the television programs and MSU's recent claims that the remains were male.

Thanks,

Jonathan
          Last edited by jmenges; 10-25-2009, 03:44 AM. Reason: added that RN bit

Comment

YAY!!!!

That's terrific news; I know you guys will do a fabulous show on this topic.

And I'd love to read your article, so I'll pm you my email address now.

I'm feeling pretty happy!

Thanks again, Archaic

Comment

Working...
            X