Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
    Hi Perry and all,

The knife Coram found was round tipped, but would not have been the knife used on Stride, so there's absolutely no reason to suspect Stride's killer went out with a sharp knife that had a dulled edge. That doesn't even make sense. So Cook's (or anyone else's) entire argument that a different knife was used on Stride is founded on a myth that arose years ago from a misunderstanding of the inquest, but has been corrected over and over again.

Regarding the idea of a 'canonical three', Dr. Phillips believed that only 3 women could be accurately attributed to one killer (though he didn't discount the possibility of others). He did NOT think Eddowes was one of these three. I believe his three to be Nichols, Chapman, and Kelly.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    Hi Tom,

On the knife bit, my point was and still is that there is no evidence that precludes a long round tip knife being used on Liz. There is with Kate. Thats all. And, Who says Liz Strides killer went out that night to kill? The murder seems spontaneous and brief. Within the evidence there remains the possibility the knives used in Dutfields and Mitre were not the same. Since its highly unlikely, in my opinion, that Liz Strides evidence indicates or suggests a Ripper style murder, 2 separate knives isnt a problem for me if thats what it was.

I think Phillips may have leaned towards Tabram as the first Tom If I recall, and so... as per the above, she would've been the "3rd".

I start with Annie as the quintessential Ripper victim, and work back and forward from her death as the "marker". One murder like Polly's is unique, a second one almost identical in manner and attack methodologies in 10 days suggests a connection by the killer. Polly appears to have kept her uterus due to the location, which is immediately revised next kill, and the organ theft completed.

I have issues with Kate a bit myself, not the least of which is the plethora of cops within yelling range....open doors in the square, windows facing the murder scene....3 cops a few streets away, I coming and going followed by a second one a minute later....

As with Mary Kelly, the wounds are not the best barometer of who killed them, but the circumstances as they are known do suggest certain non-Ripper elements.

Best regards Tom.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-21-2009, 10:23 PM.

Comment

All Fall Down

Hi Tom, Rob (House),

Thanks for the kind words about my last post here - much appreciated.

Of course, the Star's cunning plan would have come crashing down had Kidney (or some other man) quickly been identified, arrested and charged with Stride's murder in the wake of Saucy Jacky's double event claim.

What must be considered is that Cook's theory involves a plan to serve up a lone ripper to a newspaper-buying public who would not actually get to hear about Jack the lone bogeyman from 'Boss' until after two more bodies had turned up in one night, to add to the previous three, from Tabram to Chapman.

The only one-off murders this funny little game could have inspired were from Mary Kelly onwards. The dampest, most ineffectual of damp squibs, set off too late to have fooled Diddles with their 'man who never was'. While the Star men were supposedly waiting eagerly for the letter from their invented ripper to reach public eyes and ears, the real thing was already out there merrily ripping up Kate like a pig in the market and cutting her eyes and ears.

There’s a Star man, waiting for next week
      He wouldn't like to meet me
      And he's got a blasted cheek.
      There’s a Star man, waiting to cash in
      He’s hoping not to blow it
      So I'd better get slashin'.

Love,

Caz
      X
      Last edited by caz; 05-22-2009, 02:10 PM.
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Hi Caz, wasn't that ditty by David Bowie Knife?

(British people are adorable for actually saying things like 'he's got a blasted cheek').

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Tom,

Are you suggesting that the ripper in my ditty was British?

Why, the blasted cheek of it, you damned foreigner.

Love,

Mr Angry of Coulsdon
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
          X