Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

False Flag: Jack The Ripper with author Stephen Senise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • False Flag: Jack The Ripper with author Stephen Senise

    Rippercast is pleased to welcome to the show journalist and author Stephen Senise to discuss his book ‘Jewbaiter: Jack the Ripper- New Evidence and Theory’ which has recently been released in an expanded edition entitled ‘False Flag: Jack the Ripper’. Listen in as we cover a variety of the topics he addresses in his book such as the mass migration of Jewish people into the East End, the government, media and population’s response, and how this atmosphere of antisemitism and xenophobia may have given birth to a serial killer.



    A roundtable discussion with Paul Begg, Robert McLaughlin, Gareth Williams and Jonathan Menges.

    Available to stream or download now from the following link:

    http://www.casebook.org/podcast/listen.html?id=195

    Also in iTunes, PodBean, PodcastAddict and wherever else Victorian True Crime and History podcasts can be found.

    Thanks for listening!



    JM

  • #2
    Originally posted by jmenges View Post
    Rippercast is pleased to welcome to the show journalist and author Stephen Senise to discuss his book ‘Jewbaiter: Jack the Ripper- New Evidence and Theory’ which has recently been released in an expanded edition entitled ‘False Flag: Jack the Ripper’.
    On a quick personal note, my thanks to you, Jonathan, and to your eminent panel of guests. It was a real pleasure to discuss the case with you, Paul, Gareth and Robert.

    Kind regards, from Whitechapel 1888. (Please let me know if you ever find the way out of here.)

    Stephen
    http://www.tweeddailynews.com.au/new...-warp/3388264/

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks, Stephen. It was a pleasure having you aboard!
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

      "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cnr View Post
        On a quick personal note, my thanks to you, Jonathan, and to your eminent panel of guests. It was a real pleasure to discuss the case with you, Paul, Gareth and Robert.

        Kind regards, from Whitechapel 1888. (Please let me know if you ever find the way out of here.)

        Stephen
        http://www.tweeddailynews.com.au/new...-warp/3388264/
        Thanks for taking the time to sit with us, Stephen. It was a fascinating discussion.

        JM

        Comment


        • #5
          Stephen and I will reconvene in the very near future for a one-on-one show to cover many George Hutchinson/Aussie George topics we were unable to get to on this release. So, stay tuned for a 'Part 2'.

          Thanks for listening,



          JM

          Comment


          • #6
            Excellent guests and a really interesting discussion (even that Welsh bloke)
            Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 05-14-2018, 07:33 AM.
            Regards

            Herlock






            "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

              ...(even that Welsh bloke)
              I know what you mean, Herlock.

              ----------------------------------------------
              Attached Files
              Last edited by cnr; 05-14-2018, 01:39 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cnr View Post
                I know what you mean Herlock.
                Oddly enough, Richard Burton's niece was a schoolfriend of mine.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

                "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by etenguy View Post
                  I am interested to learn more about cnr's political motivation theory, of which the GSG may provide supporting evidence if it was found to be written by the ripper.
                  Hi etenguy,

                  Mindful of not derailing a thread, I've re-posted your comment here.

                  If you click on my username in the top left hand corner of this post, and then click on "find all posts by cnr", that should give you a rough idea of some of my thoughts on the matter - there aren't all that many posts of mine, as I only sporadically join the party or whatever you wanna call the fine discussions to be had here - no sarcasm intended.

                  Alternatively, I suggest that you may want to have a look at my 'Dear Rip' contributions in Ripperologist magazine, particularly editions n.155 and n.156, or the articles in editions n.146 and n.160.

                  Stephen
                  http://www.echo.net.au/2018/04/rippe...-tweed-author/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                    Oddly enough, Richard Burton's niece was a schoolfriend of mine.
                    It's at moments like these, that I too am proud to call myself a (New South) Welshman.

                    Stephen
                    http://www.timesofisrael.com/were-th...mitic-frameup/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      just a question, and it's not rhetorical...

                      Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                      As the graffito offers no insight into the murders, and the killer never communicated at the other crime-scenes...
                      Hi Harry D. Not wanting to appropriate a thread, I have redirected your most recent comment here.

                      I'd just like to add to your point above, the cry of “Lipski” (an anti-Semitic epithet) as delivered in Berner Street, only a few hours previous to the graffito's discovery. That's as good a communication as any, and it came from the killer's own lips while assaulting one of the victims at the murder site.

                      Top cop, Warren, thought the graffito authentic and anti-Semitic. His take is broadly consistent with the views of personnel in his purview (Moore, Anderson - and I might loosely add Arnold and Swanson to these) who I imagine informed his opinion.

                      ...and let's not forget the acting top cop of the City force, Smith, who believed the GSG was “probably” genuine and left as a ruse “to throw suspicion upon the Jews”.

                      None of the police on record, to my knowledge, ever wavered in their opinions.

                      Following, are the reasons why I think they may have arrived at their conclusions, even putting aside the issue of the, potentially corroborating, apron piece:
                      • Stride is spotted in various locations in the vicinity of a Jewish radical club and newspaper in the company of a suspect consistently described as "stout"* and 5"5' - 5"7'**. Plotting the sightings on a map, suggests she had been by the club four times in the space of about an hour and may not have been simply promenading aimlessly past it - we know from the inquest testimony of PC Smith and the club's founding secretary, Wolf Wess, that Berner Street was no haunt for prostitutes. Was the plan to leave a mangled corpse on the premises ?

                      • An evening lecture, entitled 'Why Jews Should Be Socialists', had concluded not long beforehand at the club.

                      • cry of "Lipski" - see above

                      • Eddowes last seen with suspicious character at the corner of Duke St. & Church Psge (which is the location of the Great Synagogue's southern entrance) nine minutes before being found dead and mutilated in adjacent Mitre Square.

                      • The graffito referenced the anti-Semitic street talk (and recent riot) blaming the murders on the Jews, and was left in a building tenanted "almost exclusively by Jews".

                      I think these are among the reasons why the police may have arrived at the conclusion they did about the graffito, even putting aside the apron piece.

                      The following is not a rhetorical question, but are there any police officers or officials on record saying they did not believe the graffito to be genuine ? I'd like to explore any such material. (On that note, even if somewhat tangientaly, I am only aware of Whitehall bureaucrat, Godfrey Lushington - who thought the graffito had been written by a crowing Jewish Ripper).

                      Stephen
                      http://www.austcrimewriters.com/rele...stephen-senise

                      * Gardner & Best, Marshall, Brown, Schwartz
                      ** Gardner & Best, Marshall, PC Smith, Brown, Schwartz
                      Last edited by cnr; 05-16-2018, 03:57 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cnr View Post
                        Hi Harry D. Not wanting to appropriate a thread, I have redirected your most recent comment here.

                        I'd just like to add to your point above, the cry of “Lipski” (an anti-Semitic epithet) as delivered in Berner Street, only a few hours previous to the graffito's discovery. That's as good a communication as any, and it came from the killer's own lips while assaulting one of the victims at the murder site.

                        Top cop, Warren, thought the graffito authentic and anti-Semitic. His take is broadly consistent with the views of personnel in his purview (Moore, Anderson - and I might loosely add Arnold and Swanson to these) who I imagine informed his opinion.

                        ...and let's not forget the acting top cop of the City force, Smith, who believed the GSG was “probably” genuine and left as a ruse “to throw suspicion upon the Jews”.

                        None of the police on record, to my knowledge, ever wavered in their opinions.


                        Following, are the reasons why I think they may have arrived at their conclusions, even putting aside the issue of the, potentially corroborating, apron piece:
                        • Stride is spotted in various locations in the vicinity of a Jewish radical club and newspaper in the company of a suspect consistently described as "stout"* and 5"5' - 5"7'**. Plotting the sightings on a map, suggests she had been by the club four times in the space of about an hour and may not have been simply promenading aimlessly past it - we know from the inquest testimony of PC Smith and the club's founding secretary, Wolf Wess, that Berner Street was no haunt for prostitutes. Was the plan to leave a mangled corpse on the premises ?

                        • An evening lecture, entitled 'Why Jews Should Be Socialists', had concluded not long beforehand at the club.

                        • cry of "Lipski" - see above

                        • Eddowes last seen with suspicious character at the corner of Duke St. & Church Psge (which is the location of the Great Synagogue's southern entrance) nine minutes before being found dead and mutilated in adjacent Mitre Square.

                        • The graffito referenced the anti-Semitic street talk (and recent riot) blaming the murders on the Jews, and was left in a building tenanted "almost exclusively by Jews".

                        I think these are among the reasons why the police may have arrived at the conclusion they did about the graffito, even putting aside the apron piece.

                        The following is not a rhetorical question, but are there any police officers or officials on record saying they did not believe the graffito to be genuine ? I'd like to explore any such material. (On that note, even if somewhat tangientaly, I am only aware of Whitehall bureaucrat, Godfrey Lushington - who thought the graffito had been written by a crowing Jewish Ripper).

                        Stephen
                        http://www.austcrimewriters.com/rele...stephen-senise

                        * Gardner & Best, Marshall, Brown, Schwartz
                        ** Gardner & Best, Marshall, PC Smith, Brown, Schwartz
                        The police had their views and they were there but my contention on the graffito is http://forum.casebook.org/showthread...=2290&page=269 , post #2687.
                        Didn't they search for the writer,asking the residents of the dwelling with no results? But your point on why it was the ripper who wrote it or the police thought it was him is interesting.But it also all could be coincidences and not connected.

                        -
                        Last edited by Varqm; 05-17-2018, 01:07 AM.
                        Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced, otherwise people run back to the hills,no towns).
                        M. Pacana

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ive been meaning to raise this question for years but keep forgetting to mention it. I cant recall if its been dealt with in books or not.

                          Do we know that ‘Lipski’ was actually used as an insult? Did anyone from that time confirm that it was used as an insult or are we just assuming that because its the name of a murderer who was Jewish? Would everyone have been aware of Lipski?

                          I cant recall which book this came from but i remember someone suggesting that the shout might have been ‘Lizzie,’ For me this is far from unbelievable. We only have Schwartz word and he could easily have been mistaken. And if the man who shouted it actually knew Stride it would seem perfectly reasonable.

                          All im saying is ‘are we too certain that someone shouted Lipski at all?’
                          Regards

                          Herlock






                          "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact!"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            .I'd just like to add to your point above, the cry of “Lipski” (an anti-Semitic epithet) as delivered in Berner Street, only a few hours previous to the graffito's discovery. That's as good a communication as any, and it came from the killer's own lips while assaulting one of the victims at the murder site
                            Can we be confident of this though Stephen? Is it likely that the killer, after drawing attention to himself in the street, would go on to murder Liz Stride? Surely he didnt remain unidentified and at liberty by taking unnecessary risks like this?
                            Regards

                            Herlock






                            "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact!"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                              Ive been meaning to raise this question for years but keep forgetting to mention it. I cant recall if its been dealt with in books or not.

                              Do we know that ‘Lipski’ was actually used as an insult? Did anyone from that time confirm that it was used as an insult or are we just assuming that because its the name of a murderer who was Jewish? Would everyone have been aware of Lipski?

                              I cant recall which book this came from but i remember someone suggesting that the shout might have been ‘Lizzie,’ For me this is far from unbelievable. We only have Schwartz word and he could easily have been mistaken. And if the man who shouted it actually knew Stride it would seem perfectly reasonable.

                              All im saying is ‘are we too certain that someone shouted Lipski at all?’
                              Hi Herlock
                              It was Inspector Abberline who suggested that Lipski was shouted at Schwartz as an insult, Schwartz himself was unable to say who the shout was directed at.
                              Abberline's 1st Nov report concerning the incident;

                              "I beg to report that since a jew named Lipski was hanged for the murder of a jewess in 1887 the name has very frequently been used by persons as mere ejaculation by way of endeavouring to insult the jew to whom it has been addressed, and as Schwartz has a strong jewish appearance I am of opinion it was addressed to him as he stopped to look at the man he saw ill-using the deceased woman.
                              I questioned Israel Schwartz very closely at the time he made the statement as to who the man addressed when he called Lipski, but he was unable to say."

                              This report was I believe the eventual response to a report by Swanson (19th Oct) where he stated that "The man who threw the woman down called out apparently to the [Pipe]man on the opposite side of the road 'Lipski' & then Schwartz walked away" and concluded "the use of 'Lipski' increases my belief that the murderer was a Jew".

                              And yet, according to the Star 1st Oct interview with Schwartz, it was not the man who accosted Stride who called out, but Pipeman who shouted out "some sort of warning to the man who was with the woman"

                              So, given the uncertainty about who said what to whom, a cry of "Lizzie" seems, pardon the pun, as good a shout as any.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X