Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ripper's Haunts- An interview with author Michael Hawley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Ripper's Haunts- An interview with author Michael Hawley

    Rippercast welcomes Michael Hawley, author of 'The Ripper's Haunts', a new book about Jack the Ripper suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety. We cover a wide range of topics in this one-on-one interview including Tumblety's time in the Civil War, his reported hatred of women, and the likelihood that he was in fact 'Jack the Ripper'.

    http://www.sunburypress.com



    Available NOW to stream or download at the following link:

    http://www.casebook.org/podcast/listen.html?id=146

    Also in the iTunes Music Store or your favorite podcast app.

    Thanks to Mike Hawley for taking the time to talk with us about his book.

    Thank you for listening!



    JM

  • #2
    Thanks Jon, shall listen as soon as I finish in Court this week.
    G U T

    There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

    Comment


    • #3
      Another great show! thank you so much....funny how 2 hours fly by while listening...I too feel that the Ripper Haunts was one of the best ripper related books in several years, and also encourage anyone who hasn't bought a copy to do so....the surface is only scratched in this great interview..

      Steadmund Brand
      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for listening, Steadmund. I believe you received a 'shout out'.

        And thanks GUT for promising to listen, I hope that you enjoy it.

        All the best,

        JM

        Comment


        • #5
          A few actually ��

          Even still....a great show

          Steadmund Brand
          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jmenges View Post
            Thanks for listening, Steadmund. I believe you received a 'shout out'.


            All the best,

            JM
            Maybe I won't listen then.
            G U T

            There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

            Comment


            • #7
              Maybe a good idea GUT.....they use several big words...it may go a bit over your head ��..

              And they both have those funny American accents....just like that Brian fellow he references....

              Steadmund Brand
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

              Comment


              • #8
                Thank you, Jonathan, for giving me this interview! If anyone is interested, this was not just a brief discussion and synopsis of my book. Jonathan posed very direct questions he, and many others, have about Tumblety, from the unusual coincidences surrounding the Civil War to him being a woman hater and even the likelihood of Dr. T being Jack the Ripper.

                I may as well announce another find here. I have yet another example of Francis Tumblety not only being a misogynist but also treating a certain population of females badly.

                Sincerely,

                Mike
                The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                http://www.michaelLhawley.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mklhawley View Post
                  Thank you, Jonathan, for giving me this interview! If anyone is interested, this was not just a brief discussion and synopsis of my book. Jonathan posed very direct questions he, and many others, have about Tumblety, from the unusual coincidences surrounding the Civil War to him being a woman hater and even the likelihood of Dr. T being Jack the Ripper.

                  I may as well announce another find here. I have yet another example of Francis Tumblety not only being a misogynist but also treating a certain population of females badly.

                  Sincerely,

                  Mike
                  Ya know the more I hear about this Tumblety guy, he sounds to me like a real jerk....

                  Steadmund Brand
                  "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Funny that a thread like this gets so little interest but ones that reveal nothing go on and on and on and on.
                    G U T

                    There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                      Maybe a good idea GUT.....they use several big words...it may go a bit over your head ��..

                      And they both have those funny American accents....just like that Brian fellow he references....

                      Steadmund Brand
                      Those accents (not mikes) can make it hard sometimes.
                      G U T

                      There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GUT View Post
                        Funny that a thread like this gets so little interest but ones that reveal nothing go on and on and on and on.
                        Thanks, GUT.

                        I've noticed the same thing, and not only with the podcast but when new issues of Ripperologist Magazine are announced, and with the Rip those announcement threads are made less and less frequently. I'd say "remember the good old days?" but I'm not sure how many current posters actually would.

                        But we'll soldier on. More people are subscribing to the podcast than ever before, and the subscription list of the Rip just grows and grows.

                        All the best,

                        JM

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                          Thanks, GUT.

                          I've noticed the same thing, and not only with the podcast but when new issues of Ripperologist Magazine are announced, and with the Rip those announcement threads are made less and less frequently. I'd say "remember the good old days?" but I'm not sure how many current posters actually would.

                          But we'll soldier on. More people are subscribing to the podcast than ever before, and the subscription list of the Rip just grows and grows.

                          All the best,

                          JM

                          Well that's good the hear anyway.
                          G U T

                          There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                            Thanks, GUT.

                            I've noticed the same thing, and not only with the podcast but when new issues of Ripperologist Magazine are announced, and with the Rip those announcement threads are made less and less frequently. I'd say "remember the good old days?" but I'm not sure how many current posters actually would.

                            But we'll soldier on. More people are subscribing to the podcast than ever before, and the subscription list of the Rip just grows and grows.

                            All the best,

                            JM
                            That is great to hear, The Podcasts are excellent and keep getting better.. and the only thing that would make Ripperologist magazine better would be hard copies....but I know that isn't feasible..

                            The hard work you put in shows thru Jon, you do an amazing job, I can't say that enough, it's so nice to hear someone so knowledgeable, and interested discussing these topics, unlike so many other podcasts dedicated to topics like this, and you never let your personal beliefs taint an episode, agree or disagree with a guest,you keep your professionalism, even when questioning comments made.

                            I also loved your idea of re-visiting older shows for updates.... would very much like to hear that...and always welcome new topics and guests...

                            and again, if there is ever anything you need, please feel free to reach out..I am always willing to help or contribute in anyway, in fact I just got asked to work as a "technical advisor" on a stage play being done here in my hometown about the last night of Mary Kelly... and one of the first things I did, was recommend that the actress and producer listen to your podcast on Mary Kelly....

                            Steadmund Brand
                            "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                              That is great to hear, The Podcasts are excellent and keep getting better.. and the only thing that would make Ripperologist magazine better would be hard copies....but I know that isn't feasible..

                              The hard work you put in shows thru Jon, you do an amazing job, I can't say that enough, it's so nice to hear someone so knowledgeable, and interested discussing these topics, unlike so many other podcasts dedicated to topics like this, and you never let your personal beliefs taint an episode, agree or disagree with a guest,you keep your professionalism, even when questioning comments made.

                              I also loved your idea of re-visiting older shows for updates.... would very much like to hear that...and always welcome new topics and guests...

                              and again, if there is ever anything you need, please feel free to reach out..I am always willing to help or contribute in anyway, in fact I just got asked to work as a "technical advisor" on a stage play being done here in my hometown about the last night of Mary Kelly... and one of the first things I did, was recommend that the actress and producer listen to your podcast on Mary Kelly....

                              Steadmund Brand
                              Your work on the play sounds interesting, indeed the play itself sounds interesting.
                              G U T

                              There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X