channel five documentry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
    Daily Telegraph, 20 September 1888. Thought I'd jump in there...
    Indeed John, and you Monty, I read the related posts elsewhere and thought Giddy And Fell might have come across them by now.

Congrats on a job very well done, by the way. Both of you and everyone else involved.

Love,

Caz
    X
    Last edited by caz; 01-14-2011, 02:21 PM. Reason: edited to include Monty's part in it
    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Much of the CGI was primitive, and quality of the acting was variable ( poor to competent ). A naturalistic portrayal of Annie Chapman, as compared to the usual screeching haradan, was the high point. Albert Cadosch's funny walk to the privy was excellent. 6/7 out of 10.
      SCORPIO

Comment

The show got a brief but good review on the Wright Stuff today.

Comment

To be honest I was disappointed with it. It seemed very amateurish with terrible acting and poorly put together scenes. Even the CGI wasn't that good.

One of the worst Ripper documentaries I've seen in recent times.

Sorry, just not as good as it should've been.

Comment

Seems no one bothers reading through threads anymore.

Also seems the masses wish to be entertained rather than educated.

Monty
            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpio View Post
              Much of the CGI was primitive
              As opposed to what? That's a pathetic statement.
              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

If I ever get to see it, I know I'm going to love it.

Comment

I've yet to see it, but I'm intrigued by the comments about the acting.

As an Equity card-carring actor who has recently published an article on the Whitechapel murders, my services would clearly not have rendered much assistance, and I clearly fail to meet the "not tall, but stout" criteria. A slightly younger, elongated Walter Sickert, perhaps?

Comment

You're an actor, Ben? Didn't know that. Have you been in anything that I (also) probably haven't seen?

Comment

Hi GM,

I've been largely treading the boards of late, so nothing too grand of late on the screen front, although I've done a couple of ads recently for WWF and the Apple iphone.

Cheers,
                      Ben

Comment

World Wrestling Federation - great - did you play the part of the Undertaker or Stone Cold Steve Austin

Comment

Ben, I admire anyone who can make a living in front of an audience. Show biz is in my blood. All I ever lacked was the talent. Well done, you.

Comment

Lechmere,

World Wildlife Federation, which sued the wrestling idiots and made them change their name to something else with the initials WWE.

Don.
                            "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Yes, I was pulling his leg (like the Hulkster would probably do)

Comment

Thanks for those kind words of encouragement, GM.

And you're quite right about WWF, Don. I don't think I have quite the physique for the other lot.

All the best,
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X