The Stride Murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Isn’t it possible/probable that after Goldstein was interviewed by the police they would send someone round to Spectacle Alley to check his story?
    Possible, but would a coffee shop be expected to keep precise records of who entered and when, and when they left?
    Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by NotBlamedForNothing View Post

Possible, but would a coffee shop be expected to keep precise records of who entered and when, and when they left?
      No but someone might have confirmed how long he’d been there.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• I just spotted something on JTRForums posted by the late Robert Linford which I thought was relevant to a point that I made to Michael re his club plot theory. His claim of course is that Schwartz was a set up to introduce the insult ‘Lipski’ to prove that the killer wasn’t a Jew. I suggested the possibility of a Jew using ‘Lipski’ to insult a fellow Jew but I got short shrift of course.

As the say in the USA: “well waddya know?”

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1818.png Views:	0 Size:	22.7 KB ID:	818591

Uploading images is f*****g impossible! I’ve never been able to do it properly. I took this image directly from JTRForums where it’s perfectly legible. I then uploaded the attachment as ‘large’ and yet it still came out this small!!!

Why is nothing simple!
        Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 09-10-2023, 09:38 PM.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Looking back at the Kelly case, we might recall Maxwell said she had been for some milk to a shop in Bishopsgate. The press reported that 'they' checked with the shop who confirmed her story.
          We are just left thinking who checked?, did 'they' mean the police, or the press?
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

The term "those" certainly implies more than one witness to the assault on Stride.

and "Some PERSONS" also strengthens that view.

The 2nd October report is interesting because it implies that the supposed MURDERER was then CHASED EAST along Fairclough street and then NORTH up into Commercial Road.
            I think you misunderstood the report RD.
            It says the roads run up to Commercial St. not the men
            The report says they ran along Fairclough, it then describes five intersecting roads, three on the right (Providence, Brunswick & Christian), and two on the left (Batty, Grove), which run up to Commercial Rd. The roads not the men.
            It's wrong actually, as Christian also runs up to Commercial.

It then says, the man pursued escaped.

This is potentially significant because WHY would a man CHASE another man after witnessing a common domestic assault/disagreement between a wife and her abusive husband? A person may step in and say "That's enough, leave her alone!" or words to that effect...BUT to CHASE another man would suggest that a man was seen killing Stride and then was chased.
            The police report says the second man did not follow so far (as far as the arches).
            So we can't say at what point the second man gave up the chase.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Uploading images is f*****g impossible! I’ve never been able to do it properly. I took this image directly from JTRForums where it’s perfectly legible. I then uploaded the attachment as ‘large’ and yet it still came out this small!!!

Why is nothing simple!
              Have you tried Imgur?
              Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I've never had a minutes problem with it.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

I too see Schwartz as dodgy as hell; but don't we still have the curiosity that is Stride's body being bruised in ways that suggest an assault of pretty much the type Schwartz was describing?

M.
                I notice Blackwell mentions two bruises, that were not what he would normally describe as bruises. More like pressure marks, one on each side of her chest, on her front.
                Blackwell said they came more noticeable with time.
                However, he said there were no abrasions.

What bruises were you meaning?
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

I think you misunderstood the report RD.
                  It says the roads run up to Commercial St. not the men
                  The report says they ran along Fairclough, it then describes five intersecting roads, three on the right (Providence, Brunswick & Christian), and two on the left (Batty, Grove), which run up to Commercial Rd. The roads not the men.
                  It's wrong actually, as Christian also runs up to Commercial.

It then says, the man pursued escaped.

The police report says the second man did not follow so far (as far as the arches).
                  So we can't say at what point the second man gave up the chase.
                  Thank you for clarifying that for me, I literally can't believe I thought the men ran up towards Commercial road ha ha!

The roads, not the men! Ha Ha

That made me chuckle and goes to prove that I need to learn to read properly eek!

RD

"Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

I just spotted something on JTRForums posted by the late Robert Linford which I thought was relevant to a point that I made to Michael re his club plot theory. His claim of course is that Schwartz was a set up to introduce the insult ‘Lipski’ to prove that the killer wasn’t a Jew. I suggested the possibility of a Jew using ‘Lipski’ to insult a fellow Jew but I got short shrift of course.

As the say in the USA: “well waddya know?”

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1818.png Views:	0 Size:	22.7 KB ID:	818591

Why is nothing simple!
                    Hi Herlock,

The idea that Lipski was shouted as an insult (towards Schwartz) wasn't Schwartz's idea, that was the interpretation the police had as they thought Schwartz may have misinterpreted the situation. Schwartz testified that he believed Lipski was shouted to Pipe-man, and Schwartz took that to be Pipeman's name (making Pipe-man Jewish, according to Schwartz). This is why the police ended up trying to track down and interview all the Lipski families in the area (because that is what Schwartz said), while at the same time believed Schwartz was probably wrong in his interpretation.

This is one of the big problems with the club-conspiracy theory - the idea is that the club is trying to deflect the police away from considering Stride's killer as being Jewish, but Schwartz's statement directly implicates a Jewish accomplice! It was the police who, when considering what Schwartz stated, introduced the idea that maybe Schwartz was mistaken and Lipski was, in fact, shouted at Schwartz as an insult. The Club conspiracy idea is based upon the police interpretation, not based upon Schwartz's statement. If Schwartz was sent to mislead the police, it makes no sense that Schwartz would implicate a Jewish accomplice.

The view that Stride's killer was a gentile is based upon the police's assessment of Schwartz's statement, not Schwartz's statement as given by Schwartz himself. Also note, the police did not assume that Schwartz had to be wrong, so they did put time, money, and effort into investigating the local Lipski's (that's all mentioned in the official documents/memos to home office).

- Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

Thank you for clarifying that for me, I literally can't believe I thought the men ran up towards Commercial road ha ha!

The roads, not the men! Ha Ha

That made me chuckle and goes to prove that I need to learn to read properly eek!

RD
                      Hi RD.
                      Easy done.

In this Secretary's Story - I don't know what else to call it.

I wonder what your thoughts are about the line where we read:

"(he) was seen, or at least a man whom the public prefer to regard as the murderer...."

Who do you think he is talking about?
                      Who is it the public prefer to think is the murderer?
                      I'm checking the Monday morning papers and there's nothing to suggest a theory.
                      Neither has Schwartz's story been published yet, so who is he talking about?
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi RD.
                        Easy done.

In this Secretary's Story - I don't know what else to call it.

I wonder what your thoughts are about the line where we read:

"(he) was seen, or at least a man whom the public prefer to regard as the murderer...."

That is very intriguing indeed.

Does it imply a preferred description of the killer i.e. someone who fits the public's preconceptions OR is there a hint of anti-Jewish sentiment, ergo, populist public bias that the man was a Jew?

It a very random comment but must refer to something or someone specifically.

RD

Comment

• Can i please ask if anyone knows which coffee shop in Poplar Stride kept prior to her falling into a life of destitution?

Just curious about an element of her backstory that I think may be relevant.

RD

Comment

• And is it also true that Stride's Step-Nephew was a Policeman?

I found a reference to a PC Walter Stride 385 W...being the nephew of Stride's husband.

Is that also a significant point?

RD
                            Last edited by The Rookie Detective; 09-11-2023, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Goldstein seems to have been working alone, so as long as you accept that someone might not have done that, I'm fine with that answer.

Comment

The reality of the story would be determined by locating and questioning Chasing Man:

... the secretary of the club cannot remember the name of the man who gave chase, but he is not a member of their body.

Surely the police came asking questions about this story - demanding to know the man's name and possible whereabouts.
                                Did the man confirm or deny the chase?
                                Is he the prisoner being held for inquires to be made?
                                Is he responsible for the police coming to doubt the Hungarian's story?
                                If the police believed this man to be Schwartz's second man (Pipeman), was the running/chasing away real? Difficult to see how it was, given Edwards Spooner's position on Fairclough St.

Well, if he is talking about Schwartz, then he learnt of this before the police did.

Comment

Working...
                                X