Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was an eyewitness today! How I did ITT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

https://forum.casebook.org/forum/rip...212#post795058 Post #3172

Check Long's testimony: Was it not unusual to see a man and a woman talking together at that hour? - No; I see lots of them.

Where does she say they were alone?
    By not mentioning that there was anyone else nearby. By saying “No; I see lots of them,” she was simply saying that it wasn’t unusual to see a couple talking in Hanbury Street at that time.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

The market wasn’t in Hanbury Street though.
      Good to see you are keeping up
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post

Good to see you are keeping up
        I was stating the obvious point that just because the market was on it doesn’t follow that the surrounding streets were thronged with people.
        Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 09-15-2022, 09:44 AM.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captain Obvious.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	795449

Comment

Reminded me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo

Comment

I was stating the obvious point that just because the market was on it doesn’t follow that the surrounding streets were thronged with people.
              You seem somewhat confused.
              Apart from that,what is your point?

Comment

By not mentioning that there was anyone else nearby. By saying “No; I see lots of them,” she was simply saying that it wasn’t unusual to see a couple talking in Hanbury Street at that time.
                That's the answer to Gbinoz post about, "No I see lots of them".Trying to escape the fact that Long was a good enough witness,that Chapman was still alive after Richardson's visit.
                Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                M. Pacana

Comment

Not according to Long, or Amelia Richardson. It was Market Day.
                  off topic. as if reviving the JR thread again after it should have been left to rest in peace was bad enough, do you have to turn every thread into your the witnesses in the chapman case are unreliable ad nauseum? seriously dude its getting old.
                  Last edited by Abby Normal; 09-15-2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

off topic. as if reviving the JR thread again after it should have been left to rest in peace was bad enough, do you have to turn every thread into your the witnesses in the chapman case are unreliable ad nauseum? seriously dude its getting old.
                    Exact opposite Abby.

Comment

Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
                      Would the brewers clock have chimed at 5.15 am George ? Where do you think her position was at that time if she heard it, and it did in fact chime at that time . ?
                      That would be very likely and put Cadosch's testimony in the correct time line.

George has pointed out that Long's walk seemed somewhat long time wise.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post

You seem somewhat confused.
                        Apart from that,what is your point?
                        It’s simple enough. The conversation was about how many people might have been around at the time of Long’s sighting. Varqm said:

Long was alone and there were no other people in the street
                        George suggested that there might have been other people in the street:

. Not according to Long, or Amelia Richardson. It was Market Day.
                        And I said:

. The market wasn’t in Hanbury Street though.
                        Meaning that just because it was market day didn’t mean that there had to be lots of people in each street all the time.

I can’t believe that I just had to waste 2 minutes explaining that.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Damaso,

Apologies for my part in hi-jacking your thread. I should have stopped after my first post on your thread.

Back on topic chaps!

Cheers, George
                          They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
                          Out of a misty dream
                          Our path emerges for a while, then closes
                          Within a dream.
                          Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
                            This afternoon my wife and I were taking a lunchtime stroll when we came across a gentleman who was walking up to cars and trying to open the doors. He was clearly trying to find unlocked cars to steal things from and since there have been a lot of thefts from cars in my town recently I decided to call the police.

For my safety, I walked about half a block away before calling the police. I had been less than 10 feet away form this individual in broad daylight on a clear sunny day and I was making the call less than a minute after seeing him.

Turns out, I was not especially helpful. I could describe the man's general appearance but had no memory of his clothes. My wife remembered that he was wearing a white t-shirt, neither of us could remember what color or style his pants were.

About 10 minutes after my initial call to the police, I received a phone call from a police corporal. They had sent a car to the scene and found somebody who matched my description. The police officer asked me if I could verify the man's pants. I said I could not and apologized. It turns out the suspect they had picked up was wearing bright red pants: if that was the guy, I had missed a pretty flamboyant article of clothing.

So there you go. I trust Lawende et al a little bit less today than I did yesterday.
                            Hi Damaso
                            Interesting. I had something similar just recently happen to me. I came home the other day and saw a car suspiciously parked out in the field next to my house. I called the police and one of the first thing they asked is what color was it. I was suddenly surprised I couldnt say exactly-light blue or silver I said, and then while still on the phone I said let me go look again, so I walked outside and realized why I couldnt remember exactly- The sun was so bright that day that it was hard to see the color because of the glare/reflection. You just just couldnt tell-it was either light blue or silver (turned out it was silver).

so alot of subtleties go into memory. I thought I couldnt remember the color, but that actually wasnt the case-you couldnt tell the exact color because of the lighting conditions.

Anyway, the police came and it was a couple of derelicts doing drugs, I watched them get arrested.

But the main point to me is that alot of the times our suspicions are correct, even if the details and memory are a little off, for whatever reasons.

Comment

Interesting that google maps shows the walk from Church Row (now St Matthew's Row) to No29 Hanbury St as about 10 minutes. Maybe clock sync/error, or did she stop to talk to or shop with market stall owners on the way?

Cheers, George
                              Hi George,

I recall Jeff Hamm going into this a few years back, if I remember rightly, Longs starting point isn't 100% due to vague recording of her address and this would affect the time and route taken. Jeff might remember.
                              Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Hi George,

I recall Jeff Hamm going into this a few years back, if I remember rightly, Longs starting point isn't 100% due to vague recording of her address and this would affect the time and route taken. Jeff might remember.
                                Hi Al,

I haven't read Jeff's post, but the dichotomy is between Church St and Church Row. Were it Church St, Long would have pursued a circular route to the Spitalfields Markets that would have involved her entering Hanbury St from the south via Brick Lane and being on the southern side of Hanbury St. Church Row brings her past the brewery in Brick Lane and she turns into Hanbury St on the northern side.

Cheers, George
                                They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
                                Out of a misty dream
                                Our path emerges for a while, then closes
                                Within a dream.
                                Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Working...
                                X