No announcement yet.

Jack McCarthy speech on Dorset Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a thread somewhere that says Steve was John. The marriage cert should say it. I do not know who was the esquire.
    The ad said :
    Messrs. Harry Lee and Jack McCarthy, jun.
    will give their
    NINTH GRAND BOXING ...

Tickets can be obtained at "Jack McCarthy,27,Dorset street"...
    Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
    M. Pacana

Comment

Originally posted by Varqm View Post

The newspaper ad I saw was in around 1898.We'll Steve must be John then.
      ‘Steve’ was his stage name. As Dave says, he was born John.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

‘Steve’ was his stage name. As Dave says, he was born John.
        And he named his son John. There is a photo of all three ‘Jacks’.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
          When I get a better copy of the press photo of JM Esq., I reserve the right to post it alongside the sketch of MJK’s landlord to see if there’s any resemblance. Of course, if there is, Scott will no doubt claim that all McCarthies look alike.

Take it away, Scotty…
          Yeah, back for more and go ahead, knock yourself out. So what if they all may have looked alike? Post a picture of the Spitalfields-born John McCarthy if you can. He was probably related to McCarthy, Esq. and the one hired to collect the rents, and the one who knew Mary Kelly. After all, that's what this is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

Yeah, back for more and go ahead, knock yourself out. So what if they all may have looked alike? Post a picture of the Spitalfields-born John McCarthy if you can. He was probably related to McCarthy, Esq. and the one hired to collect the rents, and the one who knew Mary Kelly. After all, that's what this is all about.
            Why would a Spitalfields-born McCarthy ‘probably’ have been related to Esq? Have you traced the Esq genealogy to Spitalfields independently of Esq himself?

Kudos!

Comment

No. But the same name, same address, same age, one a "Grocer", the other a "General Shop Keeper" -- probably the same thing, but different people. Cousins?

Comment

Working...
              X