Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schwartz, a fraud?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • . And your Ripper who doesnt Rip sometimes. Your interruptions without any validation in evidence,
    Anyone labouring the ‘evidence of interruption’ drivel gives up all right to be taken seriously. There are toddlers out there that understand why it’s nonsense.
    Regards

    Herlock



    Chairman of the National Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To The Old Established Theories.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
      Johnson said just after 1, so........and he was at home...but I guess for the Herlocks, he didnt have access to timepieces either.
      I think he was reported as saying "a few minutes past one o'clock" in the Telegraph and Morning Advertiser, and "About five or ten minutes past 1" by the Times. Neither of which is precise enough to conclude that he consciously noted the time of the PCs call.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

        I have to ask again Varqm. At an inquiry looking into the ‘how’ and ‘when’ she died what information of vital importance would Schwartz have been able to add?
        This is a naive question.
        Again:

        Coroners act 1887:

        It shall be the duty of the coroner in case of murder or manslaughter to put into writing the statement on oath
        of those who know the facts and circumstance of the case,or so much of such statement as is material,and any such
        deposition shall be signed by the witness and also by the coroner.

        Read the inquests and learn.
        What did these witness do that is more important than Schwartz.

        Nichols inquest:
        Walter Purkiss
        Alfred Malshaw
        Emily Holland
        Mary Ann Monk

        Chapman inquest:
        Elizabeth Long
        Tomothy Donovan
        Eliza Cooper

        Eddowes inquest:
        Lawende
        Joseph Lawende
        Frederick William Wilkinson
        Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
        M. Pacana

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Varqm View Post

          This is a naive question.
          Again:

          Coroners act 1887:

          It shall be the duty of the coroner in case of murder or manslaughter to put into writing the statement on oath
          of those who know the facts and circumstance of the case,or so much of such statement as is material,and any such
          deposition shall be signed by the witness and also by the coroner.

          Read the inquests and learn.
          What did these witness do that is more important than Schwartz.

          Nichols inquest:
          Walter Purkiss
          Alfred Malshaw
          Emily Holland
          Mary Ann Monk

          Chapman inquest:
          Elizabeth Long
          Tomothy Donovan
          Eliza Cooper

          Eddowes inquest:
          Lawende
          Joseph Lawende
          Frederick William Wilkinson
          You can call it what you will Varqm. My general point is that we cannot assume that Schwartz didn’t attend the Inquest because the police had no faith in him. We simply don’t know why he didn’t attend because no one at the time gave any explanation. Therefore when you claim to know that we can say for certain that you are wrong to do so. You are just stating your own opinion as a fact. I’m not doing that because I’m not claiming to know for a fact.

          What I am sure about is that if I asked, some researcher like Joshua for example, could come up with examples where witnesses gave statements which differed from from other versions. These things happen for various reasons and it doesn’t follow that the witness was immediately dismissed. But what you are suggesting is that the police heard Schwartz statement and then continued to act upon it. But then during the course of the Inquest they decided that he wasn’t trustworthy and so didn’t call him. But they continue to mention him as a valid suspect at the higher levels despite dismissing him as useless. Does the really make even a modicum of sense Varqm?

          There doesn’t appear to have been any great “why wasn’t Schwartz at the Inquest” outcry?

          Regards

          Herlock



          Chairman of the National Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To The Old Established Theories.

          Comment


          • Michael, the only point of my sequence list in post # 651 was to show you that your proposal would look just as ridiculous as you painted out Herlock’s in post #642, basing his on Lamb’s timing of seeing 2 men running towards him “shortly before one o’clock” in an attempt to make Diemshutz’s arrival at “exactly” one o’clock look ridiculous. You seem not to have got that. But I’m glad to see that, in reality, you suggest a more realistic time for Lamb arriving in the yard.

            I’m not going to bother you any longer on the subject of the Stride murder, because it’s no use. You have had your very fixed views for over a decade and aren’t going to change them. Which is fine. I just can’t get my head around how you only see & interpret part of the evidence and disregard the rest.

            Like for instance this:

            Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
            Issac K sees Eagle returning with Lamb as he returns...just after 1.. and joins them.
            What the newspapers actually wrote is that Kozebrodski said: “I afterwards went into the Commercial road, and there along with Eagle I found two officers.” To me, that can’t mean anything else then Kozebrodski joining Eagle before they saw Lamb. It’s not clear where he joined him, in Berner Street or in Commercial Road, but it should be clear that he joined him before reaching Lamb, which is also supported by Lamb’s version of events: “two men came running to me”.

            Another example is:

            Louis lied about his arrival time, Fanny proves it,
            In order to be able to state this with certainty, you have to know that Mortimer went back inside at 1:01 at the earliest. But you don’t know that. The best evidence you have is “between half-past twelve and one o'clock” and even this doesn’t say when she went back inside exactly, but it certainly doesn’t suggest that she went back inside after the stroke of one.

            Then there are the similarities between Spooner’s and Diemshutz’s account with regards to 2 men running & shouting, not finding a PC but bringing back a man to the yard, who then lifts Stride’s face/chin. They are striking to say the least. Yet, according to you, they mean nothing because all you're capable of saying is that Louis was a liar, so he must have lied about that, too. That you don't see that this, of course, doesn't make the similarities and the inference go away, are things I simply cannot fathom.

            And, yes, when you just focus on the timings of “your” favoured 3 witnesses at face value, then there might be reason to believe that something wasn’t right, and, yes, when you add that they were an anarchist club, then there might be reason to believe they would try to hide something from the police. But when I add all the other information and see the bigger picture, then the idea of some sort of cover up quickly fades as far as I’m concerned.

            All the best,
            Frank
            "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
            Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

              You can call it what you will Varqm. My general point is that we cannot assume that Schwartz didn’t attend the Inquest because the police had no faith in him. We simply don’t know why he didn’t attend because no one at the time gave any explanation. Therefore when you claim to know that we can say for certain that you are wrong to do so. You are just stating your own opinion as a fact. I’m not doing that because I’m not claiming to know for a fact.

              What I am sure about is that if I asked, some researcher like Joshua for example, could come up with examples where witnesses gave statements which differed from from other versions. These things happen for various reasons and it doesn’t follow that the witness was immediately dismissed. But what you are suggesting is that the police heard Schwartz statement and then continued to act upon it. But then during the course of the Inquest they decided that he wasn’t trustworthy and so didn’t call him. But they continue to mention him as a valid suspect at the higher levels despite dismissing him as useless. Does the really make even a modicum of sense Varqm?

              There doesn’t appear to have been any great “why wasn’t Schwartz at the Inquest” outcry?
              Go ahead.Last time I'll repeat.The 2 conflicting statements were enough for Schwartz to be dismissed by Baxter,or common sense,Baxter had 22 days to decide.There was the police statement and STAR interview for him to look at.The police believed otherwise,I do not know how long.The interpreter problem and Schwartz hiding were not believable reasons.The witnesses needed were sought like Mr. Stanley in Chapman's case,John Stride and Mrs Watts in the Stride case and mentioned at least.Schwartz was too important for the inquest.
              The police made a mistake,sooner or later changed their minds,like with Hutchinson ,then it was only Lawende as the reliable witness.The case ended in 1892.
              This is my last post on this.
              Last edited by Varqm; 02-17-2021, 06:19 PM.
              Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
              M. Pacana

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FrankO View Post
                Michael, the only point of my sequence list in post # 651 was to show you that your proposal would look just as ridiculous as you painted out Herlock’s in post #642, basing his on Lamb’s timing of seeing 2 men running towards him “shortly before one o’clock” in an attempt to make Diemshutz’s arrival at “exactly” one o’clock look ridiculous. You seem not to have got that. But I’m glad to see that, in reality, you suggest a more realistic time for Lamb arriving in the yard.

                I’m not going to bother you any longer on the subject of the Stride murder, because it’s no use. You have had your very fixed views for over a decade and aren’t going to change them. Which is fine. I just can’t get my head around how you only see & interpret part of the evidence and disregard the rest.

                Like for instance this:

                [/FONT][/FONT]What the newspapers actually wrote is that Kozebrodski said: “I afterwards went into the Commercial road, and there along with Eagle I found two officers.” To me, that can’t mean anything else then Kozebrodski joining Eagle before they saw Lamb. It’s not clear where he joined him, in Berner Street or in Commercial Road, but it should be clear that he joined him before reaching Lamb, which is also supported by Lamb’s version of events: “two men came running to me”.

                Another example is:

                In order to be able to state this with certainty, you have to know that Mortimer went back inside at 1:01 at the earliest. But you don’t know that. The best evidence you have is “between half-past twelve and one o'clock” and even this doesn’t say when she went back inside exactly, but it certainly doesn’t suggest that she went back inside after the stroke of one.

                Then there are the similarities between Spooner’s and Diemshutz’s account with regards to 2 men running & shouting, not finding a PC but bringing back a man to the yard, who then lifts Stride’s face/chin. They are striking to say the least. Yet, according to you, they mean nothing because all you're capable of saying is that Louis was a liar, so he must have lied about that, too. That you don't see that this, of course, doesn't make the similarities and the inference go away, are things I simply cannot fathom.

                And, yes, when you just focus on the timings of “your” favoured 3 witnesses at face value, then there might be reason to believe that something wasn’t right, and, yes, when you add that they were an anarchist club, then there might be reason to believe they would try to hide something from the police. But when I add all the other information and see the bigger picture, then the idea of some sort of cover up quickly fades as far as I’m concerned.

                All the best,
                Frank
                And that’s what it’s about Frank. Not viewing testimony as a whole but picking the bits that suit. Taking Spooner’s 12.30 estimate but completely ignoring his ‘5 minutes before Lamb’ is a perfect example. Mentioning the non-existent Gillen and the statement which never appears but ignoring the fact that Eagle called him to the yard at 1.00. How are these things explained? As you say, they must have lied. You point these out and Michael accuses us of being selective when he’s the one that’s doing just that. Picking to suit the theory. The cover up didn’t happen of course Frank and tellingly after 10 years only Michael still believes it.
                Regards

                Herlock



                Chairman of the National Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To The Old Established Theories.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Varqm View Post

                  Go ahead.Last time I'll repeat.The 2 conflicting statements were enough for Schwartz to be dismissed by Baxter,or common sense,Baxter had 22 days to decide.There was the police statement and STAR interview for him to look at.The police believed otherwise,I do not know how long.The interpreter problem and Schwartz hiding were not believable reasons.The witnesses needed were sought like Mr. Stanley in Chapman's case,John Stride and Mrs Watts in the Stride case and mentioned at least.Schwartz was too important for the inquest.
                  The police made a mistake,sooner or later changed their minds,like with Hutchinson ,then it was only Lawende as the reliable witness.The case ended in 1892.
                  This is my last post on this.
                  Good Varqm because repeating the same nonsense gets us nowhere. You are claiming an opinion as a fact.

                  Point out to me anywhere that anyone at the time says something like “it was decided not to call Schwartz to the Inquest because his evidence wasn’t believed.”

                  If you can do that Varqm I’ll grant that you have a point. Until then you don’t. And you won’t because no one said anything like it. And so there isn’t a smidgeon of evidence that this was the case. You have an opinion based on an unfounded assumption. That’s all. I fail to see why you can’t see it.
                  Regards

                  Herlock



                  Chairman of the National Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To The Old Established Theories.

                  Comment


                  • Hello Herlock,

                    This is copied from another post I wrote. The problem is not in finding an interpreter. Even the best interpreter in all of London isn't going to help with some key questions.

                    Coroner to Schwartz: What did the woman say to the man?

                    Interpreter: He doesn't know. He doesn't understand English.

                    Coroner to Schwartz: What did the man say to the woman?

                    Interpreter: He doesn't know. He doesn't understand English.

                    c.d.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                      Hello Herlock,

                      This is copied from another post I wrote. The problem is not in finding an interpreter. Even the best interpreter in all of London isn't going to help with some key questions.

                      Coroner to Schwartz: What did the woman say to the man?

                      Interpreter: He doesn't know. He doesn't understand English.

                      Coroner to Schwartz: What did the man say to the woman?

                      Interpreter: He doesn't know. He doesn't understand English.

                      c.d.
                      Hi c.d.

                      Yes Schwartz couldn’t have commented on the nature of the argument. An English speaker also might have been able to have commented on whether or not it appeared that Stride and her killer knew each other.

                      On the availability of an interpreter? At an Inquest would any interpreter have sufficed or would they have needed an officially sanctioned one?
                      Regards

                      Herlock



                      Chairman of the National Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To The Old Established Theories.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bolo View Post

                        First of all, Hungarian is a very complex language, there also are various local dialects which make translating it quite difficult, even for a native speaker. Second, it is not proven that Schwartz really was a native to Hungary, his name sounds more German with a Slavic background to me. How he ended up being a Hungarian Jew is also not not known, he could have simply ended up in Hungary like so many other Jews who fled the Russian pogroms and spoke a mix of Russian, Hungarian and Yiddish, which would have required a translator with quite specific language skills.

                        In order to answer the questions at an inquest, you have to have a basic knowledge of the English language. You not only have to be able to answer the Coroner's questions but also contextual questions by the Jury, and this is impossible if you are unable to follow the conversation due to language barriers. A possible interpreter not only would have had to speak the exact idiom of Schwartz but also would have had to translate all comments by everyone present at the inquest to enable him to answer the questions posed to him to the best of his ability. I think we both agree that this would not have been possible without prologing the inquest to ridiculous dimensions, that is why Wynne Baxter most probably went with the written statement Schwartz made to the police.
                        You can't come here talking logic and common sense, Bolo.

                        We are meant to believe that Schwartz was hand picked for his acting skills, to deflect blame from the Jews with an invented story of an anti-Semitic thug attacking Stride shortly before she was found murdered.

                        We are also meant to believe that no thought was given to the fact that he barely had two words of English to rub together, and that therefore the story needed to be short, sharp and to the point, in order to lessen the very considerable risk of it becoming mangled in translation.

                        I mean, if Michael Richards needed someone to give a false statement to the authorities, to send them off in entirely the wrong direction, would Schwartz and his story have been the obvious choice, to avoid the intended message:

                        "Send reinforcements, we're going to advance"

                        ending up as:

                        "Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance"?

                        Love,

                        Caz
                        X

                        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Varqm View Post

                          Go ahead.Last time I'll repeat.The 2 conflicting statements were enough for Schwartz to be dismissed by Baxter,or common sense,Baxter had 22 days to decide.There was the police statement and STAR interview for him to look at.The police believed otherwise,I do not know how long.The interpreter problem and Schwartz hiding were not believable reasons.The witnesses needed were sought like Mr. Stanley in Chapman's case,John Stride and Mrs Watts in the Stride case and mentioned at least.Schwartz was too important for the inquest.
                          The police made a mistake,sooner or later changed their minds,like with Hutchinson ,then it was only Lawende as the reliable witness.The case ended in 1892.
                          This is my last post on this.
                          Thank you for your post, nice to remind the Pro-Schwartzites that statements need to be validated, and its impossible to validate an opinion that Schwartz actually did appear, or was recorded for the Inquest records. He wasnt.
                          Michael Richards

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by caz View Post

                            You can't come here talking logic and common sense, Bolo.

                            We are meant to believe that Schwartz was hand picked for his acting skills, to deflect blame from the Jews with an invented story of an anti-Semitic thug attacking Stride shortly before she was found murdered.

                            We are also meant to believe that no thought was given to the fact that he barely had two words of English to rub together, and that therefore the story needed to be short, sharp and to the point, in order to lessen the very considerable risk of it becoming mangled in translation.

                            I mean, if Michael Richards needed someone to give a false statement to the authorities, to send them off in entirely the wrong direction, would Schwartz and his story have been the obvious choice, to avoid the intended message:

                            "Send reinforcements, we're going to advance"

                            ending up as:

                            "Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance"?

                            Love,

                            Caz
                            X
                            Actually we are meant to believe that Israel Schwartz had a theatrical appearance,..you know, like an actor who repeats lines?... that he later has an established connection with that very club and Wess..the Wess connection prior to that night...that Wess was very likley the translator, like he was on Tuesday for Goldstein, and what he says was yelled at him was very commonly known among police and reesidents in the area as a slur towards Jews...of which the recent past murderer Lipski was.

                            That makes his story about BSM as an assault on a victim who is killed minutes later, off the premises, and a verbal attack towards him by a gentile thug who was antisemitic, feet from the spot she is cut on, and within a just a minute or 2 of that single cut. Off the club grounds.

                            The reality of course is that no accreditted witness saw Liz Stride alive on the street after 12:35...not the young couple, not Fanny, not Eagle or Lave, or anyone else who had a view at around 1240-12:45. Thats because she was on the ground dying inside the passageway surrounded by jews from the club while they figured out a plan to minimize damage. (Shh..it seems thats still a secret to some.)

                            If you cant see how that is just about the most advantageous story to the club that could be concocted...well....lets just say Im less and less surprised these days what people come up with here.
                            Last edited by Michael W Richards; 03-04-2021, 07:03 PM.
                            Michael Richards

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                              Thank you for your post, nice to remind the Pro-Schwartzites that statements need to be validated, and its impossible to validate an opinion that Schwartz actually did appear, or was recorded for the Inquest records. He wasnt.
                              I didn't think the argument was that Schwartz did appear; I thought it was merely pointed out that nobody knows, at this remove, why he didn't, and therefore we would all be speculating - which means making statements of opinion that can never be validated.

                              You have to stick with the one reason for his non-attendance - that his story was not considered credible - in order to keep your broken record playing: Schwartz was roped in solely to help with the damage control needed to deflect blame away from the club and its scheming, subversive Semites. So naturally you won't consider any of the other possibilities, which don't follow the plot which others understandably think you lost years ago.

                              You might not consider Schwartz's story credible, wearing your conspiracy goggles and weaving an infinitely more tangled and less credible web from selected strands of testimony from the other witnesses, but if the authorities were blind to all this, and concluded that Louis discovered Stride around 1am and immediately raised the alarm, why would they have dismissed Schwartz as mistaken at best, or a liar at worst? Because of his 'theatrical' appearance? Because he was a Jew and possibly an anarchist? Because he was foreign and couldn't speak the Queen's lingo? Or are you transferring your prejudices against the wretched man onto the authorities, and concluding that they couldn't possibly believe a man like that?

                              I feel sorry for Schwartz. He sees a woman being shoved around and runs off without attempting to come to her aid. Imagine how he feels when he is told that a woman was found murdered at or near the same spot shortly after he left the scene. A mixture of shame and fear, I would think. But he does the right thing and reports what he thought he witnessed: BS man addressing a possible accomplice - Pipeman - as "Lipski", the only word he had a prayer of recognising. If he is ashamed of leaving the woman to her fate, at least he can say he felt intimidated and outnumbered by these two men, one of whom chased after him as he fled incontinently from the scene. I see absolutely no valid reason to accuse this man of lying, and no possible reason why anyone with half a brain cell would have thought a non-English speaker would be fit for this purpose, or any reason why Schwartz would have agreed to this potty plan.


                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

                                Actually we are meant to believe that Israel Schwartz had a theatrical appearance,..you know, like an actor who repeats lines?... that he later has an established connection with that very club and Wess..the Wess connection prior to that night...that Wess was very likley the translator, like he was on Tuesday for Goldstein, and what he says was yelled at him was very commonly known among police and reesidents in the area as a slur towards Jews...of which the recent past murderer Lipski was.

                                That makes his story about BSM as an assault on a victim who is killed minutes later, off the premises, and a verbal attack towards him by a gentile thug who was antisemitic, feet from the spot she is cut on, and within a just a minute or 2 of that single cut. Off the club grounds.

                                The reality of course is that no accreditted witness saw Liz Stride alive on the street after 12:35...not the young couple, not Fanny, not Eagle or Lave, or anyone else who had a view at around 1240-12:45. Thats because she was on the ground dying inside the passageway surrounded by jews from the club while they figured out a plan to minimize damage. (Shh..it seems thats still a secret to some.)

                                If you cant see how that is just about the most advantageous story to the club that could be concocted...well....lets just say Im less and less surprised these days what people come up with here.
                                You still have this all wrong. Whoever translated for Schwartz had "Lipski" apparently being addressed to Pipeman - not 'yelled' at Schwartz. That was an interpretation put on it by others, who thought it the more likely scenario. If Schwartz or Wess had wanted "Lipski" to represent a slur towards Jews, aimed at Schwartz, that's what the story would have been, and it wouldn't have been confused, ambiguous or open to alternative interpretations. Can you explain how Schwartz and Wess managed between them to screw up this most crucial aspect of the story so spectacularly, that instead of minimising any damage to the club by blaming a thug who had yelled anti-Semitic abuse at Schwartz, the blame was deflected onto two Jews in cahoots, one of whom was called Lipski?

                                I can see how it might have been 'just about the most advantageous story to the club that could be concocted', if only it had been concocted and not completely coc*ed up instead.

                                I'm not remotely surprised to see that you can't - or won't - see the dirty great hole you have dug in your own theory right there. Schwartz said the opposite of what you needed him to say.

                                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X