it’s the bloody CIA again Al.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
        No images here either.

How about these?

Click image for larger version  Name:	SAILOR PIC 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.8 KB ID:	805254 Click image for larger version  Name:	SAILOR PIC 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.0 KB ID:	805255 Click image for larger version  Name:	SAILOR PIC 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.4 KB ID:	805256 Click image for larger version  Name:	SAILOR PIC 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	10.6 KB ID:	805257 Click image for larger version  Name:	SAILOR PIC 5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.5 KB ID:	805258 Click image for larger version  Name:	SAILOR PIC 6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.6 KB ID:	805259 Click image for larger version  Name:	SAILOR PIC 9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.0 KB ID:	805273 Click image for larger version  Name:	SAILOR PIC 10.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.1 KB ID:	805276 Click image for larger version  Name:	SAILOR PIC 8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.0 KB ID:	805277 Click image for larger version  Name:	SAILOR PIC 7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.7 KB ID:	805278 Click image for larger version  Name:	SAILOR PIC 11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.5 KB ID:	805279 Click image for larger version  Name:	SAILOR PIC 15.jpg Views:	0 Size:	10.1 KB ID:	805267 Click image for larger version  Name:	SAILOR PIC 14.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.5 KB ID:	805266

Attached Files
        Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 03-04-2023, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

How about these?

Click image for larger version Name:	SAILOR PIC 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.8 KB ID:	805254 Click image for larger version Name:	SAILOR PIC 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.0 KB ID:	805255 Click image for larger version Name:	SAILOR PIC 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.4 KB ID:	805256 Click image for larger version Name:	SAILOR PIC 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	10.6 KB ID:	805257 Click image for larger version Name:	SAILOR PIC 5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.5 KB ID:	805258 Click image for larger version Name:	SAILOR PIC 6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.6 KB ID:	805259 Click image for larger version Name:	SAILOR PIC 9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.0 KB ID:	805273 Click image for larger version Name:	SAILOR PIC 10.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.1 KB ID:	805276 Click image for larger version Name:	SAILOR PIC 8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.0 KB ID:	805277 Click image for larger version Name:	SAILOR PIC 7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.7 KB ID:	805278 Click image for larger version Name:	SAILOR PIC 11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.5 KB ID:	805279 Click image for larger version Name:	SAILOR PIC 15.jpg Views:	0 Size:	10.1 KB ID:	805267 Click image for larger version Name:	SAILOR PIC 14.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.5 KB ID:	805266
          Are you being serious?

Words fail me.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Yeah, images are fine now
            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

it’s the bloody CIA again Al.
              They'll stop at nothing!
              Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Sailors wore waist-length, loose jackets which were open at the front...
                Yes, I can see that some did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

Yes, I can see that some did.

Thanks for your comment.

Have you by any chance seen my post # 493 to you on the thread The Seaside Home: Could Schwartz or Lawende Have Put the Ripper's Neck in a Noose??

Comment

• Nothing on your ‘salt and pepper’ point from ages ago I see.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Nothing on your ‘salt and pepper’ point from ages ago I see.
                      I thought you might have acknowledged by now that it was common for sailors in the nineteenth century to wear waist-length, loose jackets, which were open at the front, as I had previously stated.

I have found more than 15 such illustrations and am surprised that you could not find a single one among one hundred you viewed.

I am curious to know where you looked.

Comment

I thought you might have acknowledged by now that it was common for sailors in the nineteenth century to wear waist-length, loose jackets, which were open at the front, as I had previously stated.

I have found more than 15 such illustrations and am surprised that you could not find a single one among one hundred you viewed.

I am curious to know where you looked.
                        Theres nothing to acknowledge. ‘Loose’ is not a type of coat. No shop assistant says “why style of coat are you looking for sir?” For a customer to reply “Loose.”

Thousands of different types of coat can be described as loose types and any coat ever made can be loose if it’s simply too big for the person wearing it.

You keep persisting with this non-point. Why don’t you get it.

Again…..utter silence on you ‘salt and pepper’ claims.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Theres nothing to acknowledge. ‘Loose’ is not a type of coat. No shop assistant says “why style of coat are you looking for sir?” For a customer to reply “Loose.”

Thousands of different types of coat can be described as loose types and any coat ever made can be loose if it’s simply too big for the person wearing it.

You keep persisting with this non-point. Why don’t you get it.

Again…..utter silence on you ‘salt and pepper’ claims.

I have found many illustrations of sailors' jackets which were loose - i.e. they were open at the front and, except in a few cases, obviously not intended to be buttoned up.

I suggest that is obvious from the illustrations I have uploaded here.

Lawende described the suspect as having the appearance of a sailor and wearing a loose jacket.

I think anyone should be able to get my point.

Comment

I have found many illustrations of sailors' jackets which were loose - i.e. they were open at the front and, except in a few cases, obviously not intended to be buttoned up.

I suggest that is obvious from the illustrations I have uploaded here.

Lawende described the suspect as having the appearance of a sailor and wearing a loose jacket.

I think anyone should be able to get my point.
                            And I’m absolutely certain that everyone else can see what you’re trying to do. And those recalling your posts from the last time that you were here will also be able to see the ploy. Lawende also mentioned the cap and the neckerchief. A cap and a neckerchief might have given the impression to Lawende that the man had a vague appearance of a sailor but the fact of a poorly fitting jacket cannot be used. But you try and use it. You also appear oblivious to the possibility that a man (or a woman) can have the ‘appearance’ of something without actually being it. But your saying that because Lawende said that the man had the appearance of a sailor (note that he didn’t say that he was a sailor, just that he resembled one at a distance and at night) DOSN’T mean that he actually was a sailor.

Here’s a thing PI - is there any chance of you, just for once, leaving aside the obfuscation and answering a question?

In your previous posting you tried to say that a ‘salt and pepper’ jacket was a particular type worn by sailers. I said that this wasn’t true and that ‘salt and pepper’ referred to the pattern of the cloth and that no pictures could be found anywhere of ‘salt and pepper’ jackets or of them being connected to sailors. I said that there was no such thing as a ‘salt and pepper’-type jacket. You simply wouldn’t accept it and just waffled on changing the subject just as your doing now.

So……can you provide the proof that there was such a type of jacket as a salt and pepper one and that, if there was, that ‘salt and pepper’ jackets were specifically (and by name) were connected to the Navy?

Will you give a full and proper answer?
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Please see my replies below.

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

A cap and a neckerchief might have given the impression to Lawende that the man had a vague appearance of a sailor but the fact of a poorly fitting jacket cannot be used.

I think you are quite obviously wrong on that point.

Anyone can see from the illustrations I have uploaded that it was common for sailors to wear waist-length, loose jackets, which were obviously not intended to be buttoned up, but NONE OF THE SAILORS IN THOSE ILLUSTRATIONS WORE A CAP.

You have repeatedly claimed an association between sailors and caps, but as far as I can see, there is not one.

Anyone can also see from the illustrations I have uploaded, as well as many others of sailors, that sailors commonly wore neckerchiefs.

I would suggest that it is clear that it was the loose jacket and neckerchief that caused Lawende to describe the man as having the appearance of a sailor, and not - as you think - the cap and neckerchief.

So……can you provide the proof that there was such a type of jacket as a salt and pepper one and that, if there was, that ‘salt and pepper’ jackets were specifically (and by name) were connected to the Navy?

Will you give a full and proper answer?

If I could provide proof, I would.

My source is someone who lived in Whitechapel and claimed to have seen sailors who wore loose waist-length pepper-and-salt jackets.

I have provided evidence that sailors wore loose waist-length jackets.

I have not so far come across salt-and-pepper ones.

Comment

Please see my replies below.

You cannot be taken seriously. There is no such thing as a Salt and Pepper jacket. You are making it up.

A ‘loose’ jacket isn’t a type of jacket.

A Victorian era Sailors cap - and please don’t try the cop out of mentioning the insignia, they can easily be removed. It doesn’t matter where it’s from either. A hat could be bought at any market or pawnshop.

Your point is about as reasonable as the one where you said that any Jewish man would have been readily identifiable as a Jewish man even after we had posted dozens of examples of Jewish men that didn’t look remotely Jewish.

Please don’t talk to me again on this subject. It’s barking mad, no one else will agree with you, but you keep on about it obsessively.

I repeat……it’s a non-point. With that…I’ll hand you over to anyone else who wants the headache.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X