X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observer
    replied
    Hi Roy

I think Janes correct, one thing is crystal crystal clear to me, GH invented Mr A, or at least he invented the apparel he wore, I'd vote for an unknown local individual seen with Mary Kelly who was dressed more in line with the local working class population.

all the best

Observer

Leave a comment:

• richardnunweek
    replied
    Hi.
    As far as i am concerned there are two possibilties, when it comes to Hutchinsons statement.
    1] It was given in good faith, and to the best of his ability.
    2] A statement was given , but fabricated by the police to some extent,in order not to prevent capture.
    I have no doubt, at least in my mind, that it was the first of those options, and GH did infact see someone of that description accost Mary Kelly.
    I can well understand that members of Casebook have reason to doubt such a detailed story, but we do have Regs character reference of his father, describing him as ' A man of detail, and 'If he said he saw that, he saw it', so that would explain such a detailed description, or at least add credence to it.
    So out of the list avaliable , i would have to side with The Duke of Clarence, or one not mentioned Lord R, Churchill, but i should add not literally, just resembling, as of course Topping was saying.
    Something like Mrs Coxs neice was allegedly told by her aunt ie, 'A real toff, he was, a fine gentleman'
    So what happened to Blotchy?
    That is another mystery, on another thread mayby?
    Regards Richard.

Leave a comment:

• Jane Welland
    replied
    This is very interesting..

I agree that you really need an option for GH to have invented Mr A. I haven't voted as I think that may be so. Tumblety's an interesting theory though. Jane x

Leave a comment:

• Bob Hinton
    replied
    Meaningless

But this is a Labour party type of poll. One with no real choices. "Who do you think made the greatest Prime Minister Tony Blair or Gordon Brown?"

You should have included a real choice such as "Unknown" and "Fictional character" to be meaningful.

Leave a comment:

• celee
    replied
    Hi,

Thanks for starting this interesting poll. Being the first one to post kind of gives away who I voted for.

Your friend, Brad

Leave a comment:

• Roy Corduroy
    started a poll Hutch's Man

Hutch's Man

Dr. Tumblety
    20.00%
    Prince Albert Victor
    0%
    Montague John Druitt
    20.00%
    Severin Klosowski
    30.00%
    James Maybrick
    10.00%
    Walter Sickert
    0%
    Joseph Issacs
    0%
    R. D' Onston Stephenson
    10.00%
    Francis Thompson
    0%
    Joe Silver
    10.00%
    Please vote your choice of the man you think George Hutchinson saw with Mary Kelly.
Working...
X