Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
    Joshua,

If I'm not mistaken, Dr. Bond stated his opinion on death after examining the leg on the 17th of October. And he did give early September as an option. Six weeks prior to the 17th of October is around the 5th of September.

Morning Advertiser
    23 October 1888

Mr. Bond, divisional surgeon, said, having examined the remains found on the 17th inst., he saw that they consisted of a leg and foot, which had undoubtedly been lying there several weeks. Decomposition had taken place on the spot, as the condition of the earth showed. On the following day Mr. Hepburn and witness again examined the leg, and found that it had been divided at the knee-joint, and very cleverly disarticulated so that the mains seemed to correspond with the other portions of the body found, and he had no doubt belonged to it. He was fully of opinion that the body had lain where it was for several weeks, and had decomposed there. The brickwork was saturated with decomposing fluid. He believed that death took place about the end of August or beginning of September. It was impossible that the appearances presented could have resulted from exposure for two or three days. The foot was very well shaped, and was that of a well-to-do person.
    Hi,

But naturally, the 5th and not be hypothesized as reliable.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
      Hi,

But naturally, the 5th and not be hypothesized as reliable.

Regards, Pierre
      Not sure what you are getting at, Pierre?? The exact date of death would be very hard to determine and I agree, if that's what you mean.

Comment

• Pierre,

The time frame from finding the arm [Sept 11th] and the leg [Oct 17th] is over a month. Dr Neville being the first to examine a body part puts death around September 8th . Dr Bond, over a month later after examining the leg and foot states, late August or early September. What reasonable conclusion can you draw from that?

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
          Pierre,

The time frame from finding the arm [Sept 11th] and the leg [Oct 17th] is over a month. Dr Neville being the first to examine a body part puts death around September 8th . Dr Bond, over a month later after examining the leg and foot states, late August or early September. What reasonable conclusion can you draw from that?
          I draw the conclusion that if it was a murder and the murder was committed around 5th September, we can make a time line with explanations for every murder.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• An explanation based on what, Pierre?
            there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
              An explanation based on what, Pierre?
              Sources, naturally. Explanations must always be based on sources.

Kind regards, Pierre

Comment

• Thanks, Pierre. Would you refresh my memory on which victims you thought were murdered by jack the ripper? I lost track after our doorknob discussion.
                Last edited by Robert St Devil; 05-19-2016, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Abby,
                  Just the reply I expected.Why not try to answer the questions.
                  That the sun rises doesn't have to be proven,it is a legal acceptance.
                  The cause of death of the Torso victims isn't.

Anyhow, welcome to Clown Town.They tell me it recently advertised for a Mayor and 1000 idiots applied.All were accepted,mostly Ripperologists.I would have got the job,but you were thought to be more acceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
                    Abby,
                    Just the reply I expected.Why not try to answer the questions.
                    That the sun rises doesn't have to be proven,it is a legal acceptance.
                    The cause of death of the Torso victims isn't.

Anyhow, welcome to Clown Town.They tell me it recently advertised for a Mayor and 1000 idiots applied.All were accepted,mostly Ripperologists.I would have got the job,but you were thought to be more acceptable.
                    Well your sense of humor is only slightly worse than your ability to insult and to reason.

I'll answer your question-then done with you and your soul mate Trevor.

You don't need cause of death to determine some one has been murdered.

Can you comprehend that ?

Comment

• Hey fish
                      Just throwing some ideas around:

If torso man and the ripper were the same, perhaps he started killing on the streets to heighten the pleasure? Perhaps tabram(or Millwood) were his trigger event for killing on the streets. As in it wasn't really planned, but after it happened he liked it and continued, as well as luring back to his torso man bolt hole. And/or the ripper victims wouldn't go back with him to his place.

I don't know, just kicking around ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

You'll pardon my ignorance, I pray, but how can you be certain that a murder has taken place without knowing how the victim died? I can think of some cases (the Green Bicycle affair, for instance), where the question couldn't be answered for sure even knowing exactly how the victim died.
                        - Ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          Well your sense of humor is only slightly worse than your ability to insult and to reason.

I'll answer your question-then done with you and your soul mate Trevor.

Can you comprehend that ?
                          The only thing that can be comprehended, is that if you had a brain you would be dangerous. shakehead:

Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 05-19-2016, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• I will respond to the questions put to me in a few days. I have other things to tend to presently, but I will return in a few days hopefully.

Comment

• Pierre

Just to say that i asked...

Because of the proximity of Berner St. to Pinchin St...
                              Because many don,t consider Elizabeth to be a quote-unquote ripper victim...
                              Because there,s the possibility that both the Whitehall victim and Annie were murdered on September 8th...
                              Because of the small amount of time the ripper would have had to ,somehow, get acatherine into MSq after ,dirtying, his hands with Elizabeth,s murder and booking it over to City of London...
                              Because of the various clothes seen worn by the supposed ,perpetrator,...
                              Because the ripper tended to murder between :30 to :45 after the hour...
                              &c...

Are you putting the suggestion out there that Elizabeth Stride was actually a Torso Killer victim, botched or not?
                              Last edited by Robert St Devil; 05-20-2016, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                                Because many don,t consider Elizabeth to be a quote-unquote ripper victim...
                                You don't need to WRITE quote-unquote. That's what quotation marks are for!

Comment

Working...
                                X