Ripper Victim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CLK View Post
    Tabram's throat, abdomen and private parts were targeted like Nichols, Chapmen and Eddowes. She was also found on her back with her skirts pulled up and her legs apart. Is it possible the body position and the targeting on those areas was his signature and the disembowelling and mutilation by ripping was added later.
    Absolutely not.
    To say that "Tabram's throat, abdomen and private parts were targeted" is quite a construction, since she was stabbed, mostly on the chest, torso and abdominal area - as one would expect from any multiple stabbing murder. No real focus on any specific part and certainly not the same focus on the genital area as in the Ripper murders.
    And definitely no throat cut.

As for the skirts pulled up and the body position, those elements are not unique to the Ripper. On the contrary, those are very common circumstances on any crime scene of similar types of murder, including domestic homicides - I've seen them so many times I've stopped counting.

Legs apart and skirts pulled up may also indicate an attempt of sexual intercourse or assault (that may have failed and thus frustrated the killer into committing a frenzied murder). Let's remember that Tabram was a prostitute, intending to have sex for money.

All the best
    The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

• Seems like we posted simoultaneously, Gareth.

Good stuff from you there.

All the best
      Last edited by Glenn Lauritz Andersson; 02-22-2009, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        Substitute "stabber" and "cutter" into the above sentence, Jeff, and you'll see what some of us have been getting at:

If it walks like a stabber, waddles like a stabber and goes Quack..its probably a stabber.

If it walks like a cutter, waddles like a cutter and goes Quack..its probably a cutter.

(Note that there are only two quacks in my logic )
        Possibly Sam, If tabram was only stabbed and the C5 were only slashed..

But as Fish has kindly pionted out Tabram was both Stabbed and Slashed..

So what we have here is a Duck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glenn Lauritz Andersson View Post
          Absolutely not.
          To say that "Tabram's throat, abdomen and private parts were targeted" is quite a construction, since she was stabbed, mostly on the chest, torso and abdominal area - as one would expect from any multiple stabbing murder. No real focus on any specific part and certainly not the same focus on the genital area as in the Ripper murders.
          And definitely no throat cut.

As for the skirts pulled up and the body position, those elements are not unique to the Ripper. On the contrary, those are very common circumstances on any crime scene of similar types of murder, including domestic homicides - I've seen them so many times I've stopped counting.

Legs apart and skirts pulled up may also indicate an attempt of sexual intercourse or assault (that may have failed and thus frustrated the killer into committing a frenzied murder). Let's remember that Tabram was a prostitute, intending to have sex for money.

All the best
          And how many other victims in this area at the time were stabbed 39 times...?

Absolutely none....Quack

Good night all

Pirate

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
            But as Fish has kindly pionted out Tabram was both Stabbed and Slashed..
            No, she was not. She was stabbed - period.

All the best

Comment

No, she was not. She was stabbed - period.

All the best
              Except for the cut to the abdoman as pointed out by Fish..Quack

Comment

And how many other victims in this area at the time were stabbed 39 times...?

Absolutely none....
                Another useless argument.
                fact is, that this incidents happen and they don't necessarily has to be connected to any other incident just because they appear odd.
                As I have said before, considering the nature of the area and the nature of the busines that the women conducted, I am surprised these things didn't happen MORE often than they actually did since it is one of the world's most dangerous "occupations".

Quack.

All the best

Comment

• Hi Glenn & Sam,

You are resolute this evening that Tabram was not part of the series. So do you propose she was murdered by a soldier?

Roy
                  Sink the Bismark

Comment

Except for the cut to the abdoman as pointed out by Fish..Quack
                    For which there are no evidence whatsoever that it was "slashed" - despite Fishcake's theorising. It was in any case certainly no rip (unless one wants to be guilty of serious and fallacious overinterpretation).

All the best
                    Last edited by Glenn Lauritz Andersson; 02-22-2009, 02:50 AM.

Comment

• No they are simply trying to argue it in both directions.

Either we have a single knife and she was stabbed..

Or we have two knives and she was Stabbed and Slashed

You cant have it both ways guys its that simple

P

PS I dont think anyone is arguing Pearli Poll story was true..they get very aggitated if you try

Comment

• It was just a thought. It just seems that Martha's murder does not seem to be normal. The people back then did not see it as normal. I would think that a lot of murders like Tabram's would have happened if someone had just been frustrated about failing to have sex with someone. I think if this is the case then the killer of Tabram, may have killed other prostitutes out of sheer anger and may have attacked/killed other prostitutes such as Alice Mckenzie.
                        Last edited by CLK; 02-22-2009, 02:46 AM.
                        CLK

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
                          Hi Glenn & Sam,

You are resolute this evening that Tabram was not part of the series. So do you propose she was murdered by a soldier?

Roy
                          Yes, Roy, one or two.
                          Not that the wounds as such indicate a soldier, but the fact that a soldier was encountered outside the building at the time of the murder (and the witness being a PC) and that soldiers appear to have belonged to Tabram's category of clients.

All the best

Comment

Yes, Roy, one or two.
                            Not that the wounds as such indicate a soldier, but the fact that a soldier was encountered outside the building at the time of the murder (and the witness being a PC) and that soldiers appear to have belonged to Tabram's category of clients.

All the best
                            A soldier with no blood on him standing around waiting for a freind...not the action of a man who had just brutily stabbed a prostitute

Pirate

Comment

• Originally posted by CLK View Post
                              It was just a thought. It just seems that Martha's murder does not seem to be normal. The people back then did not see it as normal. I would think that a lot of murders like Tabram's would have happened if someone had just been frustrated about failing to have sex with someone. I think if this is the case then the killer of Tabram, may have attacked/killed other prostitutes out of sheer anger and may have attacked/killed other prostitutes such as Annie Millwood or Alice Mckenzie.
                              I don't see why, CLK.
                              To be honest, I've seen an endless row of extreme crimes being perpetrated by one-time offenders and often they are triggered by coincidences or temporary psychosis.
                              It is one of the most common mistakes to conclude that such a person MUST have committed other crimes or that other crimes must be connected to him. Nothing is further from the truth.

All the best

Comment

A soldier with no blood on him standing around waiting for a freind...not the action of a man who had just brutily stabbed a prostitute.
                                Unless the encounter was made before the murder, or simply the deed was performed by his comrade who had "gone off with a girl".

Quack.
                                Last edited by Glenn Lauritz Andersson; 02-22-2009, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X