Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the estimation of when Mary took her last meal of fish and potatoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post
    Got to say I do find it amazing when anyone suggests they've mistaken the day....the thought if it happening in reality is too ridiculous for words.
    I've just been out to the shop to buy milk and tobacco.I know it was today because it was only half an hour ago...
    Not really. I often have a conversation where I reference something that happened 'yesterday' and they have to remind me it was actually two days ago.

Comment

Hi Harry
      There was very little left to ID
      We've been through the eyes and ears/hair many times The ears were cut off,the eyelids removed and the hair bloodsoaked due to the skinning if the forehead etc
      McCarthy who knew Kelly well also described her more than once as being totally unrecognisable
      That was McCarthy. Barnett obviously felt differently.

Originally posted by packers stem View Post
      And other women had been sleeping in the room over the previous week so the body just being in her room is not evidence of the body being hers
      Apart from the fact that Mary Kelly was both seen and heard by several witnesses in her room that night? And there being no evidence that anyone else was sleeping over that night?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        Hi PS
        can you stop beating around the bush and just say flat out what your idea/theory is?

Im not smart enough to decipher the bits and pieces...
        Haven't got one to provide I'm afraid Abby but whatever it is would be would have to explain Maxwell and Lewis...maybe one can be mistaken but two?
        It would also have to explain how the last two victim were supposedly using the same 'uncommon' name on the day they died...
        For anyone who believes these were a set of random murders by a local killer please show me another case of random killings where the killer kills someone by chance whose using the name Mary Kelly then lo and behold goes out 6 weeks later and by chance kills someone else using the same name.Even any two from 5 would be amazing, the last two of 5 wouldn't be far off lottery winning odds
        The serial killer profiles that we know today are built on statistical probabilities.... What are the statistical probabilities of this sequence of events happening?
        If it has happened in another case then we can maybe put it to bed....I wait with baited breath
        You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          Not really. I often have a conversation where I reference something that happened 'yesterday' and they have to remind me it was actually two days ago.
          ...but it wasn't yesterday...it was a couple of hours before the furore of the discovery of the body... She'd have to be a complete imbecile to mistake the day...just can't see it at all

Comment

• It should be remembered that Maxwell hardly knew Kelly. In fact, by her own admission she'd only spoken to her twice in the past and, considering how overcrowded this neighbourhood was, with people constantly moving in and out, it might not even have been Kelly. In other words, she might have been mistaken about the identity of the woman she believed to be Kelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
              That was McCarthy. Barnett obviously felt differently.
              I doubt Barnett wouldn't have stood there examining the body,if he expected it to be her then why bother taking more than a quick glance and anyway. if she saw Barnett that morning as witness testimony suggest she could well have asked him to say it was here so she could 'make away with herself' as she'd been at pains to tell people through the previous week

Apart from the fact that Mary Kelly was both seen and heard by several witnesses in her room that night? And there being no evidence that anyone else was sleeping over that night?
              Quite correct, there is no physical evidence that someone else had been in there unless Kennedy saw that other woman? But sightings the following morning are evidence, far stronger evidence than most that we take as being accurate

Comment

Got to say I do find it amazing when anyone suggests they've mistaken the day....the thought if it happening in reality is too ridiculous for words.
                I've just been out to the shop to buy milk and tobacco.I know it was today because it was only half an hour ago...
                Hi PS
                well then she had the wrong woman, or was full of cap.

What I find ridiculous is that anyone can believe Mary Kelly was alive at 9:00 and dead and mutilated by 10:45.

against drs TOD
                against other witnesses who have viable suspects seen with her at night.
                against Maxwell being warned by the coroner at the inquest.
                against when the police thought she was killed.

so at 9:00am Mary is going to meet a man,(do we need to fit in a meal of fish and potatoes too?) bring him back to her place, be murdered, with a huge fire being built and load of clothes burnt, mutilated to the point of a dissection nearly on par with a post mortem procedure, the killer getting out and away in the middle of morning and the fire to die out and her body to be discovered at 10:45?

all this happening in an hour and 45 minutes? wow.

all this while Mary is so sick from alcohol poisoning that she is vomiting that shes going to pick up a man and bring back to her place, presumably for sex?

Back to reality folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                  It should be remembered that Maxwell hardly knew Kelly. In fact, by her own admission she'd only spoken to her twice in the past and, considering how overcrowded this neighbourhood was, with people constantly moving in and out, it might not even have been Kelly. In other words, she might have been mistaken about the identity of the woman she believed to be Kelly.
                  bingo

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                    It should be remembered that Maxwell hardly knew Kelly. In fact, by her own admission she'd only spoken to her twice in the past and, considering how overcrowded this neighbourhood was, with people constantly moving in and out, it might not even have been Kelly. In other words, she might have been mistaken about the identity of the woman she believed to be Kelly.
                    Hi John
                    They did though both address each other by name if I remember right and if maxwell had any doubts at all I'm sure she would have avoided testifying and not put herself there being the one that everyone thought had gone mad or seeing ghosts

Comment

bingo
                      Not even a line never mind a full house

Comment

Hi PS
                        well then she had the wrong woman, or was full of cap.

What I find ridiculous is that anyone can believe Mary Kelly was alive at 9:00 and dead and mutilated by 10:45.

against drs TOD
                        against other witnesses who have viable suspects seen with her at night.
                        against Maxwell being warned by the coroner at the inquest.
                        against when the police thought she was killed.

so at 9:00am Mary is going to meet a man,(do we need to fit in a meal of fish and potatoes too?) bring him back to her place, be murdered, with a huge fire being built and load of clothes burnt, mutilated to the point of a dissection nearly on par with a post mortem procedure, the killer getting out and away in the middle of morning and the fire to die out and her body to be discovered at 10:45?

all this happening in an hour and 45 minutes? wow.

all this while Mary is so sick from alcohol poisoning that she is vomiting that shes going to pick up a man and bring back to her place, presumably for sex?

Back to reality folks.
                        Hi Abby
                        I agree with your reasoning, I don't doubt the TOD at all

Comment

HI PS
                          I could ID the mutilated body of my lover if there was only an armpit and eyelash left.

Back to non fiction please folks.
                          I wouldn't even need the eyelash.

And not a chance un hell I wouldn't know her hair (probably like MJK her crowning feature) or her ear or her eyes.
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

The TOD is correct,this is determined by the Fish supper... I've no doubt that maxwell and Maurice Lewis(twice) were also correct....
                            ...and back to the dishevelled looking woman seen by Kennedy
                            Depends when the Fush (no evidence a all that it was supper) was eaten.
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi John
                              They did though both address each other by name if I remember right and if maxwell had any doubts at all I'm sure she would have avoided testifying and not put herself there being the one that everyone thought had gone mad or seeing ghosts
                              Hi P.S,

I think that's part of the problem. Thus, according to Maxwell the woman she believed to be Kelly addressed her as "Carrie". This seems a very familiar form of address when you consider they'd only spoken to each other twice previously. As the coroner observed, " And yet you say you had only spoken to her twice previously; you knew her name and she knew yours?" Personally I think Caroline Maxwell got a little carried away, although I have no doubt that she genuinely believed that the woman she spoke to was Kelly.
                              Last edited by John G; 09-17-2015, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Hi C4
                                Oh dear...maybe I'll pop to the local kebab house at 6 tomorrow morning...oops no,I can't, they're not open... They cater for evenings and pub closing.
                                It's more than an educated guess really,is blindingly obvious a better term...
                                Don't know about where you live but I could get a Kebab at 6:00 any day if the week. Though don't recall ny account of MJK eating a Kebab.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X