Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the estimation of when Mary took her last meal of fish and potatoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Packers

No, a man dressed as a woman, shawl round face to hide whiskers?

Best wishes

C4

Comment

• Hello Richard

Thank you. Good to have the reference :-).
      Although I don't really think it was Mary she saw.
      As for a cold, I think the handerchief was more of a neckerchief, worn round the neck as an ornament, much bigger than say a lady's hanky.

Strange how these neckerchiefs/hankerchiefs are a continual theme throughout the murders.

Best wishes
      C4
      Last edited by curious4; 09-18-2015, 02:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by curious4 View Post
        Hello Packers

No, a man dressed as a woman, shawl round face to hide whiskers?

Best wishes

C4
        Hi C4
        I reckon it's a myth that way back people couldn't tell the difference between male and female if one wasn't wearing a dress...reminds me of 'bob' in the blackadder comedy, so I just can't imagine it I'm afraid..
        You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post
          Hi C4
          I reckon it's a myth that way back people couldn't tell the difference between male and female if one wasn't wearing a dress...reminds me of 'bob' in the blackadder comedy, so I just can't imagine it I'm afraid..
          I think Bob was the other way round.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
            Hello John. Thanks.

I hate the word conspiracy.

However:

1. There can be little doubt that some elements of the police and some associated with HM Government BELIEVED in some sort of Irish to do.

2. Some were also well aware about the dynamite plot from the year before and Frank Millen's role.

Cheers.
            LC
            Hullo Lynn,

I wonder also wonder about the possibility of a local "conspiracy" involving, say, William Crossingham, John McCarthy or/and Daniel Sullivan. In fact, there certainly seems to have been a major cover-up of the later Austin murder, and Sullivan appears to have been on the thick of it.

Interestingly, Sarah Lewis is quoted as saying she believed the cries of "oh murder" emanated Facebook on the direction of McCarthy's shop,which was next door to the Keylers.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              Hello Harry.

"The woman was found in Mary Kelly's room, identified by Mary Kelly's on/off lover, and Mary Kelly was never seen alive again after the murder. Ergo, it was Mary Kelly in the bed."

But who was Mary Kelly? We have no trace of her before the murder.

Cheers.
              LC
              I also find it interesting that Sarah Lewis, potentially a crucial witness, didn't reside in the area but claimed to be visiting the Keylors. And my understanding is that they have never been positively identified either.
              Last edited by John G; 09-18-2015, 03:57 AM.

Comment

• What fuel would Mary be using on her fire to bake or boil potatoes if she had no money for wood or coal?

A journalist who trawled the streets in drag at the height of the Ripper terror was soon called over by a policemen and taken to the local station. A very small thin man might be able to get away with impersonating a woman, I suppose. If you didn't look too closely. I guess a (male) low croaky voice could be explained away by a cold.
                Last edited by Rosella; 09-18-2015, 03:55 AM.

Comment

• Hi
                  Kelly did not ask for a handkerchief, she simply ''said ''Oh I have lost my handkerchief''..there is a difference...
                  Regards Richard.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                    Hi
                    Kelly did not ask for a handkerchief, she simply ''said ''Oh I have lost my handkerchief''..there is a difference...
                    Regards Richard.
                    Hallo Richard,

Yes, I've always thought that her behaviour was somewhat coquettish, rather than indicative of someone wanting to blow their nose!
                    Last edited by John G; 09-18-2015, 04:10 AM.

Comment

• Why can't people accept that these murders were the work of one disturbed individual?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                        Why can't people accept that these murders were the work of one disturbed individual?
                        The difficulty is, Harry, which murders? I mean, would you include the rare murders, or vicious assaults of Tabram, Austin, Smith, Hames, Haynes, Horsnell, Austin, Mylett, Coles, McKenzie, Battersea Torso, Putney Torso, Whitehall Torso, Pinchin Street Torso, Tottenham Torso, Rainham Torso, Liz Jackson...?

Without doubt this was a highly unusual period for extremely violent and unusual murders, which suggests the possibility of coincidence, copycat, two killers working together, gang-related crimes or even government conspiracy (although in this regard Stephen Knight's theory is a bit improbable in my opinion!)

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                          The difficulty is, Harry, which murders? I mean, would you include the rare murders, or vicious assaults of Tabram, Austin, Smith, Hames, Haynes, Horsnell, Austin, Mylett, Coles, McKenzie, Battersea Torso, Putney Torso, Whitehall Torso, Pinchin Street Torso, Tottenham Torso, Rainham Torso, Liz Jackson...?

Without doubt this was a highly unusual period for extremely violent and unusual murders, which suggests the possibility of coincidence, copycat, two killers working together, gang-related crimes or even government conspiracy (although in this regard Stephen Knight's theory is a bit improbable in my opinion!)
                          That is always the question in my mnd.

Which murders and how do you choose which not to include.
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post

Hello, John G.

Obviously, the chances of ALL those aforementioned murders being carried out by one person are unlikely. However, within the 'main' series of murders, it seems that people are never quite satisfied that it was a serial killer. If it wasn't a political conspiracy, which I'm failing to recognise the agenda of, then we have numerous murderers running around Whitechapel chopping up women. No, history has taught us that when a group of victims are all killed with distinctive signature elements in a particular locality, it's more often than not the work of a serial killer. Yes, it's strange that two witnesses claimed to see Mary Kelly after her estimated death, and it's intriguing that the 'final' victim is such an enigma, but that does not a conspiracy make.

Comment

• blotchy

Hello Gwyneth. Thanks.

That flush (permanent in adults) is called blotchy--British usage. It resulted from excessive food/drink.

Went to school with a lad 100 pounds over weight. He was the same.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• thanks

Hello Packer. Thanks.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X