Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antonia Alexander offers supposed photo of Mary Kelly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prosector View Post
    Sorry - posted that before I had seen Jeni shelden's link the the Ripperologist article.
    Hi Prosector,

I'm supposed to be checking out Sally's and Jenni's links, too, but, as usual, my mind wandered to something else. I'll do that after tea as well as try and post the photo of Lizzie Hughes.

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post
      Hi Aurora,

Yes, I am sure. The photograph you posted at the start of this thread is the EXACT SAME PHOTOGRAPH as the one in the book I mentioned and it states quite categorically that the photo is of Williams' wife. The heading to the right of the photograph says 'John Williams's wife, Mary Elisabeth Ann Hughes, 'Lizzie', when young. The photographs of her taken during their marriage show a marked physical decline'.

I would willingly post the photo if I only knew how too. I know how to scan the photo into the computer but I don't know how to post it on Casebook. I would be really grateful if you could let me know how to do it! Thanks.

I'm now going to check out Sally's and Jenni's 'pointers'. I think I'll also check out Amazon to see if the book is shown there and if there are any 'reviews'!

Take care,
      Carol
      Hi Carol,I have only ever reviewed one book out the hundreds that I have purchased from amazon and it was this one because I was so appalled at how awfully it was.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
        Hi Carol,I have only ever reviewed one book out the hundreds that I have purchased from amazon and it was this one because I was so appalled at how awfully it was.
        Hi pinkmoon,

I've just this minute come back to Casebook from reading what Jenni Shelden had published in Ripperologist about Antonia Alexander's book. To say that words fail me is putting it mildly. My mother used to often say 'There are more out than in', by which she meant there were more people living outside of the asylums who should have been there, than actually were there!

I would have thought that Tony Williams' sense of self-preservation would have prevented him from at least using family names and repeating what he had already written elsewhere in such an obvious way. It makes me think of serial murderers who finally give themselves away because they can't resist the temptation to show the world (especially the police) how clever they are.

Carol

Comment

Here is the photo from 'Uncle Jack' (I hope).

[IMG]imgur.com/NbiDvK6[/IMG]

Carol

Comment

That didn't work, did it! I'll try again soon. Nighty-night, everyone. Sweet dreams.

Carol

Comment

Hi pinkmoon,

I've just this minute come back to Casebook from reading what Jenni Shelden had published in Ripperologist about Antonia Alexander's book. To say that words fail me is putting it mildly. My mother used to often say 'There are more out than in', by which she meant there were more people living outside of the asylums who should have been there, than actually were there!

I would have thought that Tony Williams' sense of self-preservation would have prevented him from at least using family names and repeating what he had already written elsewhere in such an obvious way. It makes me think of serial murderers who finally give themselves away because they can't resist the temptation to show the world (especially the police) how clever they are.

Carol
              Hi Carol,I think the one word to sum this up is DISHONEST
              Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Carol is right. It is indeed the same photograph. The caption reads:

"John Williams's wife, Mary Elisabeth Ann Hughes, 'Lizzie', when young. The photographs of her taken during their marriage show a marked physical decline".

Does "Antonia Alexander" give Tony Williams a picture credit in her book?
                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                  Carol is right. It is indeed the same photograph. The caption reads:

"John Williams's wife, Mary Elisabeth Ann Hughes, 'Lizzie', when young. The photographs of her taken during their marriage show a marked physical decline".

Does "Antonia Alexander" give Tony Williams a picture credit in her book?
                  Hi bridewell,people should not waste their money on rubbish like this books like this cheapen this interesting subject.

Comment

Let's see what happens this time!

Carol

Comment

Let's see what happens this time!

Carol
                      I'm trying not to cry. Any suggestions? Please!

Carol

Comment

Another try.

Last edited by Carol; 06-23-2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

If this doesn't work I'm going to bed.

[IMG](URL=http://imgur.com/R8MMw09)[/IMG]

Comment

Nice try Carol we don't need to see this photo to know that this story is made up.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                              Nice try Carol we don't need to see this photo to know that this story is made up.
                              Thank you, pinkmoon.

Carol

Comment

Thank you, pinkmoon.

Carol
                                I'm trying to get a savage angry mob together so we can go and lynch the so called author if you are interested get in touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X