Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Mrs Maxwell lying

Hi,
    Mrs Maxwell's statement has always bothered me, even more so recently,when it came to light that a letter to a police force was allegedly penned from the very address she resided , exactly one week prior to Kelly's death.
    We have a woman claiming to have seen someone some 4 hours after medical reports of T.O.D, who remained adamant even at the inquest when warned to think carefully.
    She swore under oath that her sighting was authentic.
    We therefore have a witness who went against all medical reports, and maintained the impossible.
    Yes she may have confused the time, although she gave her statement on the 9th November, just hours after the body was discovered, not to mention verification by shopkeepers who she visited.
    Yes she may have confused the identity, even though she claimed to have known Barnett, and had plenty of time at the inquest to alter her statement when she would have discovered any mistake.also she had the entire weekend before the inquest to realize any error.
    Some of us[ me included[ have suggested that Maxwell did actual see Kelly alive at 830am but the general feeling on Casebook is.. this was not the case.
    So If the majority are right, is their another reason for the highly surprising admission by this witness?
    Was she Lying?
    Taking a speculative view, one would suggest that she would have had one main reasons for doing this.
    To lead the police to the view, that the murder happened at a later date in order to possibly protect someone.? someone who had no alibi for the hours of darkness.
    The police appeared at least initially to believe that the murder took place in daylight, and they also believed that the killer had someone who assisted them.
    The letter sent to the Norfolk police, which comes across as a hoax, many of us dismiss, as it is out of area, but the fact remains that it states it was from 14, Dorset Street, the very house that the witness Maxwell lived in, which leaves one to conclude that it is indeed a ''small world''.
    Coincidences do occur, but one week prior to a Ripper murder, sent from a residence right opposite the murder scene , shows incredible foresight ..don't you think?
    Regards Richard.

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
    Hi,
    Mrs Maxwell's statement has always bothered me, even more so recently,when it came to light that a letter to a police force was allegedly penned from the very address she resided , exactly one week prior to Kelly's death.
    We have a woman claiming to have seen someone some 4 hours after medical reports of T.O.D, who remained adamant even at the inquest when warned to think carefully.
    She swore under oath that her sighting was authentic.
    We therefore have a witness who went against all medical reports, and maintained the impossible.
    Yes she may have confused the time, although she gave her statement on the 9th November, just hours after the body was discovered, not to mention verification by shopkeepers who she visited.
    Yes she may have confused the identity, even though she claimed to have known Barnett, and had plenty of time at the inquest to alter her statement when she would have discovered any mistake.also she had the entire weekend before the inquest to realize any error.
    Some of us[ me included[ have suggested that Maxwell did actual see Kelly alive at 830am but the general feeling on Casebook is.. this was not the case.
    So If the majority are right, is their another reason for the highly surprising admission by this witness?
    Was she Lying?
    Taking a speculative view, one would suggest that she would have had one main reasons for doing this.
    To lead the police to the view, that the murder happened at a later date in order to possibly protect someone.? someone who had no alibi for the hours of darkness.
    The police appeared at least initially to believe that the murder took place in daylight, and they also believed that the killer had someone who assisted them.
    The letter sent to the Norfolk police, which comes across as a hoax, many of us dismiss, as it is out of area, but the fact remains that it states it was from 14, Dorset Street, the very house that the witness Maxwell lived in, which leaves one to conclude that it is indeed a ''small world''.
    Coincidences do occur, but one week prior to a Ripper murder, sent from a residence right opposite the murder scene , shows incredible foresight ..don't you think?
    Regards Richard.
    Hi Richard
    Do we know what the letter said? Was it purported to be by the ripper?
    It may be evidence that yes maxwell was lying, but not IMHO, because she was trying to protect someone, but more for that she had a perverted interest in the case and was trying to be involved. This is of course assuming she wrote it.

But Would someone who wrote a ripper letter really put their own address on the letter whether it was really from the killer or even if they were hoaxing. Like ok policeman come and get me.

Someone who wrote it probably just picked one out an address out of a hat or less likely was trying to frame someone or at least make there life miserable.

IMHO maxwell thought she was being truthful but had the wrong MK or who she thought was MK.

Comment

Hi Abby,
      This is purely a tongue-in-cheek thread, based upon that confusing word ''Coincidence ''.
      The letter concerned would have been considered as a hoax letter, and not taken seriously initially, and most likely it never even became significant to any police force even after the discovery at Millers court.
      It was only seen comparatively recently, and has never featured in any publication , I am sure if the police in any area, had thought of that letter in relation to the murder of Kelly, or the significance of the penned address , and that possible relevance to a certain unusual witness[ Maxwell] they may well have had suspicions, that at least warranted investigation.
      But we have no indication that ever happened.
      That is the privilege us Ripper folk have , we are in procession of all the facts ABC, that was not available to the investigation in the modern era context.
      Was Maxwell a innocent witness, was she a person glowing in the limelight, or was there more sinister reasons for her coming forward and rocking the boat?
      I just had a inkling that the ''Coincidental'' link was worth some speculation.
      Regards Richard.

Comment

Blimey Richard, you've managed to clock up two parallel threads with the same title...had me worried for a minute...dunno how you do that but if I were you I should ask admin if they can be combined...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Was Mrs Maxwell lying? Yes.

Comment

Working...
          X