No announcement yet.

Mary Jane and Blotchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That quart beer can might have made a nice vessel for Blotchy to conceal Mary's heart in and walk away with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Single-O-Seven View Post
      That quart beer can might have made a nice vessel for Blotchy to conceal Mary's heart in and walk away with.
      Interesting point!

I hadn't considered that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
        The more I think about it, the more I think Blotchy is our man.

I reckon that by the time Elizabeth Prater returned to her room, Mary was either asleep or dead.

We have George's unlikely 45 minute vigil; we have the odd newspaper account and no way of knowing where they got that information from; we have Mary's unlikely 'murder' shout (given that studies suggest most women freeze in that situation and we do not hear of other women being attacked shouting 'murder' in pretty much any murder case). I reckon these have served merely to confuse.

We have Blotchy seen going into the room, with his booze suggesting this was more than a 5 minute arrangement, and we have Mary murdered at the side of the bed which suggests somebody was lying beside her, i.e. someone there with a more than 5 minute arrangement.

Which means Dr Bond may well have fluked his way to an approximately accurate TOD.
        agree fm. and agree that quart can could have been used to take her heart away. hes always been one of my least weak suspects, its just we dont have a name for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

and agree that quart can could have been used to take her heart away. hes always been one of my least weak suspects, its just we dont have a name for him.
          Hi Abby. Can I shyly ask for a photo of the kind of container you have in mind here?

Thanks and best wishes,

Mark D.

Comment

• I don’t know if this is exactly what was referenced, but I found this photo on Pinterest of what is apparently a Victorian quart pewter beer tankard. I know pewter tankards were common serving vessels in pubs, not sure if this is what the witness meant by a quart can however:

personally, I always pictured something like a quart paint can, with a handle on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Single-O-Seven View Post
              I don’t know if this is exactly what was referenced, but I found this photo on Pinterest of what is apparently a Victorian quart pewter beer tankard. I know pewter tankards were common serving vessels in pubs, not sure if this is what the witness meant by a quart can however:
              No sign of an image there, at least on my machine.

Myself, I find it hard to imagine pub or beer-shop carry-outs being sold in any vessel that doesn't have a fixable, sealable top, like a cork. There'd be so much spillage in transit otherwise...

Click image for larger version

Name:	item-fit-380x285.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	823284

Mark D.

Comment

• hi Mark
                i dont have a pic but i was under the impression that the quart beer cans back then were like big cans with a lid

Comment

Working...
                X