No announcement yet.

MJK1 & MJK3 don't tally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shhhh....nobody mention poor old Randolph Turpin....

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
      Hi all,

Some are asking where the right hand can be seen, and perhaps these images can help a bit.

This is a section of MJK1, the photo itself is 480kb and too large a file to upload. You can see the hand in the center of the picture.
      Jon S suggested this too. I really don't think that is a hand! I think Richard has the right position in his model and that you can see what look like clenched fingers below her right thigh/hip.

Of course it could be absolutely anything there though.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
        Randolph Churchill?
        Originally posted by MajorParts View Post
        ooooh yessss

sorry
        Maybe they called him "Dolph."
        Last edited by RivkahChaya; 01-24-2013, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorParts View Post
          Of course it could be absolutely anything there though.
          Kinda looks like a goat hoof, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecs View Post

On balance, I'm thinking that the photos could well have been taken around 4PM!

regards,
            Hi Tecs.

I know this is a little late, but I stumbled across this little tid-bit, ....as you do

"Dr. Bond, of Westminster Hospital, is now (wrote this reporter at 2.40) in the room with the other doctors; and the body is now being photographed. A post-mortem examination will afterwards be made in the same room."
            The Echo, 9 Nov. 1888.

Reading that, the reporter, now writing at 2:40 pm (back at the office?), has seen or has heard that the photographer is now photographing the body.

Regards, Jon S.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

And, continuing on the same theme with Tecs, I just noticed a brief mention in the Standard, 10 Nov. (JTRForums) where the approximate time the body was photographed is mentioned.

The article say's Dr. Dukes was the first medical man on the spot (should have read, Phillips), and that half an hour later he was joined by Mr T. Bond, Chief Surgeon, and they commenced a post-mortem examination.

"Sir Charles Warren arrived at Millers Court at a quarter to two o'clock"

"The Chief Commissioner remained until the completion of the post-mortem examination, and then returned to Scotland Yard, taking Mr. Bond with him. Previous to the post-mortem examination a photographer was brought on the scene to take a permanent record. The state of the atmosphere was not favourable to good results, but the photographer secured several negatives, which he hopes will be useful."

Tends to confirm the photo's being taken between the door being opened and the commencement of the post-mortem, not at a later time, after the post-mortem.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
              X