This is a continual theme I have encountered and it's one that demonstrates how inaccuracies perpetuate and become 'fact'. I have encountered this error on all the JTR forums and tried to correct it when I can, but I just read this blog post from whitechapeljack.com and feel that a thread of its own is called for.
whitechapeljack.com

I am referring to the myth that Mary's right arm was either almost cut off or, in fact, totally removed from her body.

In the blog post from Whitechapel Jack: (bold & italics mine)
Kelly’s corpse was nude except for a chemise and lying in the middle of the bed that sat flush against the apartment wall. She was inclined slightly to the left side of the bed, and her head was resting on the left cheek. Her right arm had been partially disconnected from the torso; her legs were spread wide and placed at right angles.
Kelly's right arm was NOT partially disconnected from her body. I was totally attached and the killer had made no attempt to remove the arm(s).

This erroneous 'fact' stems from the single word that Dr Bond used in his autopsy report: (bold & italics mine)

The body was lying naked in the middle of the bed, the shoulders flat, but the axis of the body inclined to the left side of the bed. The head was turned on the left cheek. The left arm was close to the body with the forearm flexed at a right angle & lying across the abdomen. the right arm was slightly abducted from the body & rested on the mattress, the elbow bent & the forearm supine with the fingers clenched. The legs were wide apart, the left thigh at right angles to the trunk & the right forming an obtuse angle with the pubes.
Lay-people (non-medical) are included to infer that 'abducted' means 'removed' but this is CERTAINLY not the case. the word 'abducted' in this report (written by a seasoned medical professional) simply means 'moved away from the midline). These are exact medical words and phrases used by medical professionals to convey the exact meaning of what they write.
https://teachmeanatomy.info/wp-conte...otation-CC.jpg

Medical professionals are all taught the standard anatomical position of a body. We use words like midline, proximal, distal, medial, lateral, cephalic, caudal, axial, adduct, abduct, flexion, extension... and loads more.

Abduct means moving away from the midline and Dr Bond meant exactly that when he wrote his report.
LINK

Mary's arm (both) was in no way removed or partially removed - or even attempted to be removed.