No announcement yet.

Who left whom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An innocent e xplanation might be that Kelly,because of arrears of rent,assumed that she would be asked to leave the room,and in consequence would have to leave Joe.Perhaps she intended to leave the area.

Comment

innocent

Hello Harry. Thanks for that. But I wonder whether, at this stage, all explanations are not innocent? It seems not incriminating of anyone even if she left him, not vice versa.

I also wonder whether, if she were evicted, she and Joe could not remain together.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

No evidence exists for MJK having been evicted yet before she got murdered.
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

Lynn,
          Perhaps innocent is a wrong choice of word.Barnett was at her room the evening before death,so it seems there was still some communication between them of a friendly nature.
          Maria,
          How long though would the non payment of rent be tolerated.Kelly was still young and robust enough to make a fresh start elsewhere, and breaking with Joe was maybe the first step.

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
            Maria,
            How long though would the non payment of rent be tolerated.
            I agree about the pending rent. It has been speculated that McCarthy might have shown understanding due to some kind of involvement with MJK, though there is no evidence for such.

Originally posted by harry View Post
            Kelly was still young and robust enough to make a fresh start elsewhere, and breaking with Joe was maybe the first step.
            Completely agree, especially pertaining to a jobless Barnett, and that's precisely what I meant with my (jestful) reference to a poor man's Manon Lescaut.
            Best regards,
            Maria

Comment

Hi Maria and Harry.
              Yes, she could make a fresh start elsewhere. A fresh start next door, that means.

Comment

cordial

Hello Harry.

"Barnett was at her room the evening before death,so it seems there was still some communication between them of a friendly nature."

Completely agree. Whoever initiated the breakup, things remained cordial as evidenced by his supposedly giving her money--when he had it.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

Working...
                X