Poll : random victim or not ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi David

If Jack had been sufficiently familiar with life inside Miller's Court to know that Kelly was on her own, then he would have known about Cox - a self-confessed unfortunate with a room in the Court. So, what was wrong with Cox? Surely she hadn't had a boyfriend who had just moved out too?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      Hi David

If Jack had been sufficiently familiar with life inside Miller's Court to know that Kelly was on her own, then he would have known about Cox - a self-confessed unfortunate with a room in the Court. So, what was wrong with Cox? Surely she hadn't had a boyfriend who had just moved out too?
      I don't get your point, Robert. Do you mean that if Jack had been familiar with Miller's Court, he would necessarily have murdered Cox ?

Comment

Hi David

Well, why not? If he wants to kill a woman and mutilate her indoors, what was wrong with Cox? Or are you saying that he bore a particular grudge against Kelly?

Comment

Bonsoir Robert

Or are you saying that he bore a particular grudge against Kelly?
          Yes, that's my view. Kelly wasn't a random victim, hence the comparison with the Kemper case (who made random victims, except his mother at the end).

Comment

Ah, I see, David. Any suspect in mind?

Comment

[QUOTE=Rubyretro;198583]
              it's most likely that JTR simply heard her singing[/QUOTE

She surely couldn't have been that bad......
              LOL!

I think Mary Kelly's murder was random. I suspect all of Jack's victims were "random", in the sense that he didn't go looking for those particular women. Most serial killers pick their victims at random (prostitutes make particularly "easy" prey for your average serial killer...if there is such a creature ) and in this respect I imagine Jack was no different.

Jack's victims were "unfortunates" in more than one sense of the word--wrong place, wrong time!
              "It's either the river or the Ripper for me."~~anonymous 'unfortunate', London 1888

Comment

Hi Robert

Ah, I see, David. Any suspect in mind?
                Had the murder occured elsewhere, or in early August, the ex-fiancé who used to "ill-use" her, as said at the inquest, would have immediatly been suspected.

At the very least, he would have been considered a key-witness, and subsequently traced.

Comment

Hi David

Well, I suppose you could even argue that anyone who was out to get Mary, and was familiar enough with her circumstances to know that she was alone that night, would also have known that she was close to being evicted, and therefore that he would have to act quickly before she disappeared into the casual lodging houses and became harder to trace and kill.

Still, I think MJK was a Ripper victim.

Comment

Hi Robert

Still, I think MJK was a Ripper victim.
                    Yes she was, her case being, imo, a "domestic murder performed by JtR".

Comment

Hi David

Is this the "frighten Mary off the streets" scenario?

Comment

No, Robert, it's the "Now-that-Barnett-has-gone" one.

Comment

Working...
                        X