few questions on mjks background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

Cheers, Wicks. Surviving into the 1891 census isn't a problem for me. I'm sure she did! The whole point of the Millers Court event was to murder another woman to act as a decoy to cover the relocation of Kelly. This may seem a little far fetched to most, but I'm confident I can show in my book, this is true.

Putting my theory to one side, given the electronic resources available to researchers today, the number of people who have searched for her since her murder, surely it's reasonable to assume, if Barnett's story was true, she should have been found by now. Ergo, not only her name was not Kelly, but her whole background is fake.
    I'm not so sure, I suspect the background story is based on fact. My guess, and it's only a guess, is the victim at Millers Court might have been the cousin who Mary spoke of. The one she blamed for leading her down the wrong path. Mary is alive and well, along with her seven brothers & one sister, it's the cousin who adopted her identity far away from home in the East End of London.
    Hows that for a paperback romance

Wicks, a question for you. Amongst her Millers Court cohorts, how come only Barnett referred to Kelly as "Marie Jeanette"?
    I never gave it a thought, obviously you have. You feel like sharing that or, do I have to wait for the book?

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
    X