Clear All

I love Steve Jones's work, and have the following,
    London-The Sinister Side
    London-Through the Keyhole
    Wicked London
    The Illustrated Police News
    Capital Punishments
    Yorkshire-The Sinister Side

As Philip mentions, the text is short, sweet and in bitesize chunks, but the A-4 pictures of women and children will never fail to bring a lump to the throat.

Anyway, if this was MJK, and she escaped Millers Court, why would she use the same names and aliases. If that was me, I would be either with the police, or move away and adopt a new name!
    Regards Mike

Comment

well this 'mary davies' did use another alias after the murder. but then again, if people think your dead, whats the use in changing your name, she did move away from whitechapel afterall....

---MJK---

Comment

I think you're not quite getting the point. The pictures of the victim from #13 Miller's Court would be irrelevant, if the woman in the photo, on the left, was the real Mary Kelly. Why bother to post the crime scene pictures at all, if the real Mary was still alive after Nov. 9, 1888?

You have a point about the names and that was a good observation.
        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

The rumours of MJK being seen after the fact are contempory, which could give the killer doubts, and a reason to check if any Mary Jane Kelly's where about elsewhere.

Thats why she would change her name, not because she thought the killer thought he had killed her.
          Regards Mike

Comment

Hello you all!

So, the photo has been around about a week now, and only now ( ) I spotted it;

No, if MJK got away after the murder, then the slashed face is too in-general, so to say, to define this Mary to MJK!

And, once again; MJK was told to have been as tall as an average LVP man!

All the best
            Jukka
            "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Hi all- I noticed that Mary Davies pic on the BBC thingy ages ago- dodgy character she may have been- but 'our Mary'- she aint!!!!!!!!

End of story!!
              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Victims

Hi,
                In the victims section the description says she had blonde hair ( at the top saying ginger), maybe she could have been a strawberry blonde? and blue eyes.
                I think if records were to be checked we probably would find a few ' Mary Kelly's '....I thought that they couldn't trace her in anycase on any records, so the age of 25 yrs is approx.....Davis is also on her death certificate, still that could be a coincidental alias name. Also the woman in the picture has thinner hair than the one of MJK, and Joe did identify her to the police. I wish i got a copy years ago of Walter Dew's memoires as 2 books available today 1 is priced at £175 the other is a whopping £470 !
                Last edited by Guest; 02-19-2009, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelley View Post
                  I wish i got a copy years ago of Walter Dew's memoires as 2 books available today 1 is priced at £175 the other is a whopping £470 !
                  Hi Shelley,

The relevant Chapter of Dew's memoirs has been transcribed for Casebook and may be read here. Enjoy!
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Walter Dew

Hi Sam,
                    Ooh thanks....It will stop me from kicking myself!!! Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                    X