No announcement yet.

The Welsh connection - contemporary investigations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Miss M. Worth digging a bit on those potential matches, methinks - perhaps Chris Scott has already done so? (If he hasn't yet, then it's a first ) I can't recall that specific marriage being discussed before.

Re. Kelly being in her twenties... perhaps 32/33 isn't all that far removed from "about 25".
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I am going to order the certificates. Miss M

Comment

Hello Miss Marple!

Thinking about a thing like this;

if there is a Mary Davies as tall as her husband, that might be a match! Remembering her being 5'7"!

All the best
        Jukka
        "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Agnes Mary DAVIES

Has anyone got the birth cert for the abovenamed:
          Mar 1/4 1881 Carmarthen 11a 813?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter F Young View Post
            Has anyone got the birth cert for the abovenamed:
            Mar 1/4 1881 Carmarthen 11a 813?
            No joy with baby Agnes connection in 1881 census, nor correlating Davies deaths 1881-3 to corresponding marriages 1878-80 in Carmarthen, probably covering someones old ground...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
              Western Mail
              15 November 1888

THE VICTIM'S CONNECTION WITH SWANSEA
              Mrs Jane Williams, landlady of the Unity Inn at Swansea, writes us denying the statement that the woman Kelly who used occasionally to visit her house is identical with the victim of the Whitechapel murder. The name of the former was Abigail, that of the latter Mary Jane. The first named married at Llanelly one Muir, a Scotch mason. Both emigrated to America and are now, or lately were, living in Kansas City with their two children.
              This appears to be true - the 1900 US census has an Abby Muir born in Wales in February 1858 living with her husband William, born April 1852 in Scotland and working as a stone mason. They have three children (David, Willie and James) and married in 1880, arriving in the USA in 1882. I located them in the Allegheny, Pennsylvania listings.

Comment

Working...
              X