No announcement yet.

Kelly photo 1 enhanced - graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we are forgetting that in 1888 they didn't know as much about crime scenes as we do now and things were moved between shots(?)
    Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve F View Post
      Maybe we are forgetting that in 1888 they didn't know as much about crime scenes as we do now and things were moved between shots(?)
      Possibly, Steve - although there's no need to suggest that anything was moved between shots in this instance. Certainly not when it comes to "Mr Crocodile" and his perch, which were most assuredly out-of-shot in MJK1.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• I agree

Sam
        I agree,I think ''Croc Head'' is out of shot too!
        Regards to you
        Steve
        Steve

Comment

• Bore Da, Sam,

If you TRULY believe that Senor Crocodile, visible in MJK3 but curiously absent from MJK1, is "out of shot", I suggest that [a] you avail yourself of an eye examination, [b] photogrammetry lessons, and [c] a reality check.

Time to fess up, Sam. What's with all your hallmark denial? Why don't you want the JtR mystery to be any more advanced from how it's been for the past 120 years?

Regards,

Simon
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
            Bore Da, Sam
            Noswaith dda, Simon
            If you TRULY believe that Senor Crocodile, visible in MJK3 but curiously absent from MJK1, is "out of shot", I suggest that [a] you avail yourself of an eye examination, [b] photogrammetry lessons, and [c] a reality check.
            My cheapo diagram suggests otherwise - as does MJK1. The edge of that photograph practically cuts into the right-most edge of the pile of flesh on the table, whereas Senor Crocodile (in MJK3) is some inches further to the right of the right-most edge of the pile of flesh. It couldn't possibly have fitted into the frame of MJK1.
            Time to fess up, Sam. What's with all your hallmark denial?
            I'm not the one denying that the "crocodile" is out of shot in MJK1.
            Why don't you want the JtR mystery to be any more advanced from how it's been for the past 120 years?
            Oh, but I do - and I think the field is more advanced, Simon. One of the reasons for that is that we're starting to get out of the habit of inventing mysteries where none exist.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Simon, mate

The bolster is wayyyyyyy out of shot on MJK1.

The table there looks like something built to hold a plant pot.

MJK2 shows it as a substantial kitchen table with a length to width ratio of about 2:1, a forerunner of those 1960s mass produced, formica topped, slightly splay legged monstrosities that you may remember.

Sam's graphic was fine except that the table was oblong not square.

Now what about that dog sitting underneath it?
              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                Sam's graphic was fine except that the table was oblong not square.
                Indeed, Stephen - I deliberately played down the table's likely length just to make a point. In terms of the "proscenium" of MJK1, there was plenty of room for Senor Crocodile to lurk in the wings, stage left.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Hi Stephen,

Let's leave Rover out of this.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• After seeing Chris' enhanced MJK1 I found myself quickly spellbound by all the comments that followed. I even, after putting my glasses on to have a good look at detail I must have missed before, but still couldn't see what others saw, went to hunt down the magnifying glass that I knew we had in the house, to see what everyone was posting back and forth about. I'm afraid I still can't see what others can see.

What I see (from the close up image of Mary Kelly's garter particularly) is something I saw when I was nursing. A cut made either by a serrated blade or by 'sawing', with blanching on either side of the wound. It's not something I've forgotten, so perhaps that's why I see a resemblance.

To explain, clinically, a couple of self-harmers I saw at the facility where I last worked, one had sliced her thigh with a bread knife, another had sawn back and forth on his arm with a carving knife. Same appearance. Similar blanching.

Yes, well. Apologies for the graphics.

I do disagree with Dr Philips now, however, because from what I can see in the enhanced photo, Mary Kelly had just a sheet around her.

The one thing that continues to strike me, though, no matter how many times I look at the Miller's Court crime scene (MJK1) and no matter how enhanced, my interpretation is that whoever the perpetrator was, they left Mary Kelly looking 'peaceful' -- not peaceful, but 'peaceful'. Does anyone else see that as well?

And I cannot see a crocodile! All I see is flesh in the foreground on the table beside the bed, and a bolster or wrapped up bedding behind it, given the particular photo.
                    Last edited by Lyn; 12-03-2008, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Hello you all!

Since the abdomen is on the table, I cannot help saying;

that piece would indicate, that MJK wasn't "stout" in the same meaning as today!

All right, I am the most amateurish on these boards with anatomy, but does anyone agree anyway?!

All the best
                      Jukka

(PS. Posting seems to be OK today, thanks, Stephen P.!)
                      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• Lyn, nothing to add but I agree with all that you say here. That hand across her body is a parody of peace, isn't it? Was that how she slept?

I, too, saw blood where others saw a garter.

Sound comments, if disturbing.
                        best,

claire

Comment

• [QUOTE=j.r-ahde;56379]

Since the abdomen is on the table, I cannot help saying;

that piece would indicate, that MJK wasn't "stout" in the same meaning as today!

All right, I am the most amateurish on these boards with anatomy, but does anyone agree anyway?!

All the best
                          Jukka
                          QUOTE]

I agree with you. Reports describe MJK as a full-figured gal, but I think it meant she was buxom rather than stout. What is left of her shows a slim body structure. Without her ample bosom, she looks quite slim.

Has anyone found that skull photo? I would like to see that for facial reconstruction.
                          Joan

I ain't no student of ancient culture. Before I talk, I should read a book. -- The B52s

Comment

• That is truly disguisting. Heh, but thanks. This really helps with some analysis, though. I love Ripper stuff. I couldn't see a lot of things clearly before and I thank you for this. I wish I'd found this before I wrote my victims analysis. Thank you again.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
                              Hello Mike!

The most clearest version so far! Thank you!

However; i hope, you would have cut off the cross-bar of the alleged "crucifix"!

All the best
                              Jukka
                              LOL Did you mean 'Most clear'? I caught that, had to fix it. Sorry.

Comment

• Hi All,

There are no body parts on the bedside table in MJK1 and MJK3.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Working...
                                X