The "crucifix" on MJK photo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello you all!

The same question as with the "crucifix"; does the "26" appear on all of the copies?!

If not, then they could be just notes written on one copy.

All the best
    Jukka
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
      Hello Michael!

I sincerely hope, that you didn't start another myth;

"Yes, the Ripper wrote 26 on the wall..."

All the best
      Jukka
      Hi Jukka,

No worries....and this isnt a Number 23 deal like Jim Carey dealt with

Its simply that the wall was said to be made from old door (s), and since it once was a parlour, it must have had a doorway that allowed people to get into the rest of the house. That seems to be to the left of the head of Marys bed in the photo....which would make sense....the entrance would be opposite the fireplace.

I guess they used the old door from either the shed in the front, or the door in the archway to seal it,...I know that Sam saw it too, as we discussed it then and since.

Best regards J.

Comment

Here ya go, Mike:

http://forum.casebook.org/attachment...6&d=1206120206
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Thanks Sam....sorry to be using your name as my credibility sticker, but I knew you'd recall....and I'm not surprised, ...actually have the item on hand to show. Thanks again Sam.

All the best my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
            Hello you all!

The same question as with the "crucifix"; does the "26" appear on all of the copies?!
            No. 27 Dorset St. was west of the passage (McCarthy's Shop), therefore wasn't Kelly's room, Pratter's room(s) and the 'shed' all at No. 26 Dorset St.?

I don't have my map in front of me
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
              No. 27 Dorset St. was west of the passage (McCarthy's Shop), therefore wasn't Kelly's room, Pratter's room(s) and the 'shed' all at No. 26 Dorset St.?

I don't have my map in front of me
              Hi WM,

There is really only one place it could have been from if from that house, and that is the shed door. Its the only Dorset facing door in the house, and if the numbers are as they appear, it means the door was hung facing in obviously, using the same hinges likely from its earlier location. Whether that was to swing open right or left I have no idea.

The door in the archway accesses the stairs and Im fairly certain at one time room 13 as well, as a parlour, with a narrow hallway between the wall and the stairs beyond.

I sealed a doorway with an old door in a building last year myself, its a relatively good idea if you want to maintain the integrity of the moulding around it, in my case I drywalled afterward..it was a great space for some art, the moulding was fabulous, had to stay...anyway...in room 13 they might have just used plaster here and there, and then paper.Maybe Fleming bid for the plaster work......nah.

Best regards.
              Last edited by Guest; 10-24-2008, 03:33 AM.

Comment

So much to think about, and lots of laughs! When I first saw the photo, I couldn't recall seeing that cross, since I've pored over the photo many times when the Maybrick initials were claimed to be left there. It is obviously a crack in the cheap paper pasted over the door. It made me think of my mother's story of her childhood wallpaper, and how she took a wet finger and traced the ABCs, and the marks stayed forever. It's hard to resist poking patterns in wallpaper. However, that mystery is cleared up, and there's only a crack, no cross. It would be very likely, however, that Kelly might create a cross on her wall from the door molding.

That Kazakh conspiracy makes total sense, fully explaining poor maligned Hutchinson's description. He was no doubt describing this: below. George didn't know the difference between Kazakhstan and Astrakhan. How else could he describe this fellow except in extreme detail?????

As for the letters supposedly cut into Mary Jane's leg, notice that they are all straight strokes, random slashes. If someone, say Joe Barnett, wanted to leave his initials, the curved letters JOE or JB would have been obviously initials, not a pattern of cuts. Our brains see patterns in order to make sense of random images.
                Joan

I ain't no student of ancient culture. Before I talk, I should read a book. -- The B52s

Comment

Working...
                X