Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "crucifix" on MJK photo!

Hello you all!

Since there are - again - these talks about the supposed F, M and even H appearing on the wall of the crime scene photo, I decided to bring this thing up again!

Some people have thought the object marked with red to be a crucifix. One example being the script-writers "From Hell".

Since I remember Dan Norder presenting a reasonable explanation to this pattern on the photo (not even appearing on all the copies! ), I hope he could do it again.

Thus bringing some reason to these "What's on the crime scene photo?" -threads discussions...

All the best
    Jukka
    Attached Files
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Ah well, that rules out Count Dracula.

Comment

"Ah well, that rules out Count Dracula."

Blimey - there goes my theory ...

The best, Robert!

Fiherman

Comment

Jukka,

The crucifix is no big deal, but the map of Kazakhstan that it is resting on, may have some siginficance. Please tell me I'm not the only one who notices it.

Mike
        huh?

Comment

Please excuse my quickly knocked up "Paintshop" rendering!

A- shows a vertical line, similar to the vertical line illustrated in the alleged crucifix.

B- Shows a horizontal line stretching across the door, from the horizontal of the alleged crucifix.

C- Shows a vertical line stretching down the door from the alleged crucifix.

Red Circle is Jukka's handywork.

I believe it is either a naturally occuring phenomena, brought on by wood grain, and/or where to pieces of wood meet.

Or

A blemish on the print.
          Attached Files
          Regards Mike

Comment

Mike,

You totally obscured Kazakhstan. What's up with that?

Mike
            huh?

Comment

It's all part of the Kazak conspiracy of silence on the Whitechapel murders! How many Kazak's have you heard talking about it?
              Regards Mike

Comment

In all seriousness, where the 'cross' is and farther down the door, it looks as if hinges should have gone there. That and the panels do give credence to the idea that this portion of the wall is nothing more than a door that has been used to make a ramshackle partition.

Cheers,

Mike
                huh?

Comment

No 'Crucifix'

Let's knock this one on the head once and for all, there is no 'crucifix'. Below are two images of the area of the photograph in question. The first is from the print discovered by Don Rumbelow back in the 1960s and the second is from the print returned to New Scotland Yard in 1988. The 'cross piece' of the alleged 'crucifix' is totally missing from the first print but appears on the second and looks very much like a flaw or mark on the print.

Click image for larger version

Name:	drmjk1x.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	654805

Name:	mjknsy1.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	654806
                  SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Kazakhstan is still there though. Maybe MJK daubed it there to point the finger at the culprit. You know, perhaps there was never a man in an astrakhan. I think it was a man from Kazakhstan.

Odd place for a cross; I can't imagine it's a 3D image and, oh no, people weren't going to suggest Mary or the killer smeared it there, were they? Please?
                    best,

claire

Comment

If you look at Stewart's pictures it seems to me that there's an obvious vertical line either side of the alledged "crucifix" giving the impression of a plank of wood with a vertical split down the middle.
                      Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
                      Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

....Or the returned photograph had been folded............
                        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
                          Let's knock this one on the head once and for all, there is no 'crucifix'. Below are two images of the area of the photograph in question. The first is from the print discovered by Don Rumbelow back in the 1960s and the second is from the print returned to New Scotland Yard in 1988. The 'cross piece' of the alleged 'crucifix' is totally missing from the first print but appears on the second and looks very much like a flaw or mark on the print.
                          Just for good measure and to complete SPE's point, here are the same areas as published by Lamoureux and Lacassagne. For those of you who don't know the same print was used by both Frenchmen, and it differs from Rumbelow's find and the returned print.

De l'Éventration au point de vue médico-légal (1894) André Lamoureux

Name:	Lamoureux_line.jpg
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	654810

Vacher l'éventreur et les crimes sadiques (1899) Alexandre Lacassagne

Name:	Lacassagne_line.jpg
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	654811

Cheers,

Robert

Comment

Hello you all!

Sincerely thank you for all of you for clearing up the matter!

I hope the "F, M, H" -people will study your analysis seriously!

Then; So, Borat will be blamed for everything...

All the best
                            Jukka
                            "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Thanks, RJM, it's always good to be reminded of other copies. Much appreciated

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
                              Then; So, Borat will be blamed for everything...
                              I'm sure if you look hard enough there will be a sighting of a Jewish looking gentleman in an obscene lime green mankini in the vicinity of said murder site
                              best,

claire

Comment

Working...
                              X