Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare a thought

"I don't think she had any enemies, she was too good for that."

Just a moments reflection on this particular day. Maybe even toss a few coins to a homeless person.
    dustymiller
    aka drstrange

Well said, Dr.

R.I.P. Polly....

Cheers,
    Adam.

Comment

My word, with the hot summer and all the distractions of life, hadn't even given any thought to the anniversaries being upon us again. Will be remembering Polly tonight. I stood on the spot where she breathed her last three years ago, and while shooting video of the spot I narrated, "I think you'd have to agree this is a damn sad place to die."

Comment

In my thought's today are, Mary Anne "Polly" Nichols and Diana Spencer "Lady Di", who both left this world on a "31st of August" my up-most respect's to all there loveone's.

Comment

The thought that hit me strongly was that we are now 23 years past the centenary, yet I can readily recall a time when friends and I planned to be on the sites on the anniversaries in 1988 - when that was 10 years away! (It never happened alas.)

It is also now nearly a quartwer century (24 years) since Fido et al published their pre-centenary works, starting (IMHO) a new era of Ripperology.

Time flies so quickly.

When I first learned about "Jack" in the early 60s, he could (just) still have been alive if he's been under 20 in 1888. There must have been masses of people around who had been children in Spitalfields in 1888, even some who remembered the women. Now all of that is irretrievably lost.

Phil

Comment

I notice that there is a special tour tonight starting from Whitechapel tube

Comment

This site keeps the memories of the victims alive every day but indeed the actual dates special.

R.I.P. all victims.

Addy

Comment

Originally posted by Addy View Post
                This site keeps the memories of the victims alive every day but indeed the actual dates special.
                ja, dat klopt wel jonge!

Comment

I lift the glass in your honor Mary Ann.

Comment

"I forgive you as you are, for what you have been to me."
                    Best Wishes,
                    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

I can report that the special tour wasn't that much cop. And not many were on it.

Comment

Originally posted by niko View Post
                        In my thought's today are, Mary Anne "Polly" Nichols and Diana Spencer "Lady Di", who both left this world on a "31st of August" my up-most respect's to all there loveone's.
                        It's also the 50th anniversary of the disappearance of Ann Marie Burr in Tacoma. She was the little girl who some think was Ted Bundy's first murder victim.

R.I.P Polly
                        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Rest Peacefully Polly

A side note 31st of August was my Grandfather's birthday. He would have been 117.

Comment

Those four anniversary dates (for five ladies)

Every year between August 31st and November 9th I do become aware of the anniversaries of Mary, Annie, Liz, Kate, and Mary Jane. It is partly out of my mind as a person with a historical background, and also out of a sense of duty not to forget them. We probably will never know who was responsible for these tragedies but we know the result of those evil actions, and owe it to those five (and othe victims) not to forget them. They don't deserve oblvion for what they had to suffer in those last moments of life.

Jef

Comment

on the 31st i dressed all in black except for a red ribbon tied around my neck and refused to eat anything but bread. I plan to do a similer thing on the 8th in a couple of days. i cry whenever i think of them. they did not deserve to die.
                              RIP Polly. I hope that you have found peace at last.

Comment

Working...
                              X