Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anne Marie Burr

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
    It's also the 50th anniversary of the disappearance of Ann Marie Burr in Tacoma. She was the little girl who some think was Ted Bundy's first murder victim.
    Hi Stan. Thanks for mentioning little 8-year-old Ann Marie Burr. I was thinking of her on that day, the 50th anniversary of her disappearance. I am one of those who believe she was probably Ted Bundy's first victim.

I have many friends who live in the same neighborhood of Tacoma where Ann lived, so I'm frequently in the area and often think of her. Her family home still stands.

All murders are sad, but the abduction and murder of a little child is the saddest- and her suffering family never even had the comfort of burying her.
    Ann's poor parents waited 38 years to hold her Funeral Mass because they held out hope that some day she would come home... but as we know, she never did.

(The funeral was held at Saint Patrick's in Tacoma in 1999.)

Best regards,
    Archaic

Comment

Hey guys,

Having been somewhat inspired (or perhaps re-inspired) from some of the comments i've been reading on threads like this of late, i've launched a thread over on JTR Forums seeking ideas for a Ripperologist community fundraiser, raising money for a charity/charities.....please do check it out and get on board if you can as we will need as many contributors as possible to make it work:

Cheers,
      Adam.

Comment

"I haven't sufficient money for my bed,but don't let it. I shall not be long before I'm in."

Another week another time to reflect.

(Good idea Adam.)
        dustymiller
        aka drstrange

Comment

Thanks, Dr. Hope you and many others get on board with this very worthwhile project.

September 8th...R.I.P. Annie.

Cheers,
          Adam.

Comment

Hello Adam,
            For some reason i can't log in to JTR forums, but I have a few doubles your welcome to use.I'll make a list tonight.
            dustymiller
            aka drstrange

Comment

Hi Dr.,

Many thanks for your generosity. At the moment the decision has been made that the "Mole" will be the new version of Chris Scott's "Will The Real Mary Kelly?" (Chris and his co-authors are already on board with the project), possibly with a second "Mole" to run simultaneously, supplied by Magpie....

Nothing further than that has been decided at this point but I will post all the info up in a seperate thread on these forums in due course as well.

Cheers,
              Adam.

Comment

Working...
              X