Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Direction Was Polly Travelling When She Was Killed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why wouldn't that surprise you?
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      Why wouldn't that surprise you?
      Pretty much a clear run from the rear of the WLI through 46 to the Essex Wharf.

Don't know where the Turret clock came from though.

Princess Louise was the mystery donor towards the WLI.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• It appears that the gates to Brown's Stable Yard were closed but not locked.

PC Neil: Inquest—"The gateway was closed. It was about nine or ten feet high, and led to some stables."

[I have not yet found an instance of PC Neil saying the gates were locked].

Emma Green: Inquest—"A constable went into the yard with my son, and they returned with a broom, and washed the stains away." [Evening Standard 18th September 1888].

If the gates were locked, who unlocked them?

Comment

It appears that the gates to Brown's Stable Yard were closed but not locked.

PC Neil: Inquest—"The gateway was closed. It was about nine or ten feet high, and led to some stables."

[I have not yet found an instance of PC Neil saying the gates were locked].

Emma Green: Inquest—"A constable went into the yard with my son, and they returned with a broom, and washed the stains away." [Evening Standard 18th September 1888].

If the gates were locked, who unlocked them?
          No one, because it was Mrs Green's yard they got the broom from?

Comment

• Hi MrBarnett,

Most enlightening.

Thank you.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi MrBarnett,

Most enlightening.

Thank you.

Regards,

Simon
              It was a question, Simon.

Here's another: why would an East End yard containing valuable building materials have been left unlocked? The bell alone would have been worth a few bob.

Comment

• As no address other than Bucks Row was given on the auction notice [The Times, 29 December 1888] I am now tending toward the idea that the auction of bricks and other building materials was held on the opposite side of Bucks Row at the premises of James Brown, Son and Blomfield, renowned brick makers, who owned and occupied Essex Wharf, and for whom Walter Purkiss worked.

This is the same James Brown who owned the stable yard in front of whose gates Polly Nichols was found.

Comment

• Blomfield was James Brown's son in law.
                  Last edited by DJA; 10-22-2018, 10:19 PM. Reason: Blomfield

Comment

James Brown, Son and Blomfield, renowned brick makers, who owned and occupied Essex Wharf, and for whom Walter Purkiss worked
                    Hi Simon. As always, I admire your tenacity. But if I was the Chief Constable, and you were one of my Chief Inspectors, and you were studying the sale of a ton of bricks next to one of the murder sites, I would kindly ask you to get your backside back to work.

James Monro heavily implied there was a scandal associated with the Whitechahpel Murders. A scandal so dire he would not even mention it to his wife. Kosminski need not apply.

This is, and must always be, the starting point out of any serious inquiry. Best wishes. RJ Palmer

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

James Monro heavily implied there was a scandal associated with the Whitechahpel Murders. A scandal so dire he would not even mention it to his wife. Kosminski need not apply.

This is, and must always be, the starting point out of any serious inquiry. Best wishes. RJ Palmer
                      What did James Monro,Henry Smith and RL Stevenson all have in common?

As pointed out several times,Henry Smith was the model for Inspector Newcomen. So named for an obvious reason.

Sir Danvers Carew MP was based on someone who died from a chloral hydrate overdose in June 1885.

Comment

• Hi RJ,

James Monro's grandson, Christopher, was the source of this particular red herring. He related the 'hot potato' story which, by his own account, originated in unseen documents whose very existence is uncertain.

So, Mr. Chief Constable, rest assured I will not be wasting any time on that. I don't want you coming down on me like a ton of bricks.

I will, however, be pursuing the possible use of Mr. James Brown's Stable Yard as a conduit for getting a hurriedly-dressed corpse from one place to another without unduly alerting the local citizenry. All that business about Nichols being murdered where she was found is a load of old horsefeathers.

Regards,

Simon
                        Last edited by Simon Wood; 10-23-2018, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Hi RJ,

I will, however, be pursuing the possible use of Mr. James Brown's Stable Yard as a conduit for getting a hurriedly-dressed corpse from one place to another without unduly alerting the local citizenry. All that business about Nichols being murdered where she was found is a load of old horsefeathers.

Regards,

Simon
                          Hi Simon
                          I totally agree
                          Liz Stride alone was killed where found .
                          May explain Phillips' surprise at how much blood there was around .
                          'Oh , how am I going to explain the Hanbury Street 6 dots now' presumably crossed his mind after a pound of clotted blood was found in Dutfields yard
                          You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Hi Packers,

Nice. Neatly observed.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Why would someone be dumping their bodies around Whitechapel?

Why dump in Mitre Square?

Why take MJK's body back to her room?

Why dump a body in a backyard of Hanbury St?

How do you move a body with the head nearly severed and eviscerated and keep it all together?

Why pose them after dumping them?

Why take some of their organs, sometimes?

What I usually find with these lines of thinking is that the conspiracy becomes so complex that it makes no sense why the conspirators would do it at all when there are lots of alternatives less complex and not as risky.
                              Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
                                Why would someone be dumping their bodies around Whitechapel?

Why dump in Mitre Square?

Why take MJK's body back to her room?

Why dump a body in a backyard of Hanbury St?

How do you move a body with the head nearly severed and eviscerated and keep it all together?

Why pose them after dumping them?

Why take some of their organs, sometimes?

What I usually find with these lines of thinking is that the conspiracy becomes so complex that it makes no sense why the conspirators would do it at all when there are lots of alternatives less complex and not as risky.
                                You make it appear complex where it's not really .
                                The answer to all of your 'why's ' would be 'maximum effect '
                                Why was someone dumping body parts in the thames and at Pinchin street and as for risky the new Scotland yard building takes some beating and yet nobody suggests they were killed where found
                                You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Working...
                                X