Exhumation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Canadian Mari!

Your thoughts about exhumation are very, very justified!

And, I am like a parrot, sorry, but;

To see an anthropologist here is very welcome indeed!

All the best
    Jukka
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Hi CM- Be good to have your POV here........
      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Thank you so much for the welcomes! I'm very happy to be here. I've been (overly?) interested in the Ripper since I was 6 0r 7, but in my area of study the history of serial murder and it's place in anthropology is a great interest.
        Adam, don't be discouraged, it is a good idea, and you know, in my business we say "time is on our side" and if the right events happened... (Say, a graveyard had to be moved, some areas excavated, and one of the women were found, I, and others of my ilk would move heaven and earth to have it done as a proper excavation, with proper examination of the remains prior to their being re-interred.) When that changes, this thread would heat up again!
        Made In:
        Debuted In:
        BOTH!

You know too well the forces which compose their army to dread their superior numbers. - General James Wolfe

Comment

i ditto all the above, welcome mari, valuable professional opinion to the topic

joel
          if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

....And you may find if you went down that road... there could be problems...Good luck Mari- The trouble is there's a lot of problems re the C5 and the alleged burial sites, and you may find a lot of objections if you were to proceed down that particular road...Just a thought

Suzi
            Last edited by Suzi; 06-29-2008, 08:53 PM.
            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Thanks very much, Joel.
              Hi Suzi,
              Oh, I know precisely what you mean, about locations. This is why, to my mind, the scenario of the place if internment being excavated for another reason is actually the most likely way of again finding the victims. Chance is a fine thing in archaeology! Of course, I think I know what you mean with other objections. Yes, compelling reasons to conduct further exams are always the first thing we present. To further the interests of justice and science, and the preservation of a completely unique source of information is always the first intention. I could make a much more compelling science argument, than justice argument at this time. However, as it stands, it's a non-starter!
              Some objections make more sense than others, an OT story: I took part in an emergency dig once in a cemetery, along with the Office of the Medical Examiner of the area; amongst the dead, plague burials. The week before we'd had protesting, saying we should respect the dead. (The cemetery was initially excavated due to a rupture in a gas main, the plague burials extended our dig....long story which adds nought.) Well as soon as the sealed tents went up and the masks went on (us) the same group came with signs wanting all the bodies either burned or chemically destroyed. No matter who ever hears of any victims being uncovered and sees about further investigation, they'll learn much about humanity from every part of the exercise!
              Last edited by Canadian Mari; 06-29-2008, 09:34 PM.
              Made In:
              Debuted In:
              BOTH!

You know too well the forces which compose their army to dread their superior numbers. - General James Wolfe

Comment

Working...
              X