Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that MJK's leg bone in the crime scene photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Losmandris View Post
    h

That's a very good question? Could it really be her hair?

Tristan

ifnit isn’t her hair then the cracking could have been caused by acid being poured onto her face.

I don’t buy the “boiling water” theory as the killer would have needed to use the water source situated OUTSIDE her room.

I believe the killer brought acid via the ginger beer bottle and disintegrated her face. Acid would have dried up her skin by melting through and absorbing all the moisture and thus caused the cracking effect.

the killer has more of a connection with Ginger Beer than we realise.

TRD

"Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

• Originally posted by Aelric View Post

As in they were medical men using medical terminology. If they had meant to say that the killer had either poured boiling water on her lips or removed them and boiled them for a short time in the kettle, I would have expected them to have said so unambiguously.
      Read the Inquest and have a good hard look at the semantics used.

You obviously have not, as yet.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
        The kettle wasn’t invented until 1891 and apart from the candle, there was no other source of power in the room.

no running water inside the room and no power supply

so how did the ripper boil water?

was there a communal tap situated in millers court?

TRD
        You are fired!

Comment

ifnit isn’t her hair then the cracking could have been caused by acid being poured onto her face.

I don’t buy the “boiling water” theory as the killer would have needed to use the water source situated OUTSIDE her room.

I believe the killer brought acid via the ginger beer bottle and disintegrated her face. Acid would have dried up her skin by melting through and absorbing all the moisture and thus caused the cracking effect.

TRD
          Acid now? Not his knock out tonic?

Do the bottles still represent the number of victims? The bottles as payment idea goes out the window if it was acid.

How do you safely carry acid in a used ginger beer bottle without corroding yourself? Cork?

I'll stick with the fairly outlandish 'knife and hair' / poorly reproduced N'th generation photo for now. That and Dr Bond.

But, TRD, if you think you're on to something, it's up to you to put forward a good case for it and give us something to think about. Maybe there is more to these bottles than meets the eye.
          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

Read the Inquest and have a good hard look at the semantics used.

You obviously have not, as yet.
            I have, but not for a long time. What I can say is you're the very first person I've ever seen to suggest that anything was done to her lips aside from flaying. It's an idea worth considering I guess, since the kettle had been boiled to the point of damaging it, but I don't think it's anywhere near as likely as you do.

EDIT TO ADD

Is this what you mean " The lips were blanched and cut by several incisions running obliquely down to the chin." because that still reads as remarking that the lips were bloodless to me.
            Last edited by Aelric; 11-09-2020, 05:33 PM.
            " Queen Vic lured her victims into dark corners with offers of free fish and chips, washed down with White Satin." - forum user C4

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post

I thought I had read or seen this report, MWR; yes, I believe that you can see the flap covering over her right eye in the photo; the left side of her face is mostly indiscernible.

​​
              Thanks Robert. Its one reason for dismissing the other account that says Barnett identified her from the door, or window. He couldnt have seen her eyes...just as we cant in the image.
              Michael Richards

Comment

The kettle wasn’t invented until 1891 and apart from the candle, there was no other source of power in the room.

no running water inside the room and no power supply

so how did the ripper boil water?

was there a communal tap situated in millers court?

TRD
                Marys Pot, which she used as a kettle, was on a swing arm by the fire and could be filled with water to boil it. That water could be obtained in a small alcove just outside Marys room. That could be for tea, or to wash clothes...which is what Maria did to make money. I doubt anyone thinks the "ripper" boiled water that night, but I wonder if many can see a good possibility Mary and Maria might have washed clothing that afternoon. She even left some of it. The reason the solder was melted is likely because the pot was left swung out over the dying fire. A pot without water in it, over heat, will be damaged.
                Last edited by Michael W Richards; 11-09-2020, 07:41 PM.
                Michael Richards

Comment

• Well that really explains the clothing remnants that Abberline examined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

Marys Pot, which she used as a kettle, was on a swing arm by the fire and could be filled with water to boil it. That water could be obtained in a small alcove just outside Marys room. That could be for tea, or to wash clothes...which is what Maria did to make money. I doubt anyone thinks the "ripper" boiled water that night, but I wonder if many can see a good possibility Mary and Maria might have washed clothing that afternoon. She even left some of it. The reason the solder was melted is likely because the pot was left swung out over the dying fire. A pot without water in it, over heat, will be damaged.
                    Perfectly explained, thank you Michael.

"Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

• In fact Maria Harvey left DIRTY clothes with Mary Kelly that very night!

No doubt burnt to ashes later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Acid now?
                        Crikey,suspected he was on the grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aelric View Post

I have, but not for a long time. What I can say is you're the very first person I've ever seen to suggest that anything was done to her lips aside from flaying. It's an idea worth considering I guess, since the kettle had been boiled to the point of damaging it, but I don't think it's anywhere near as likely as you do.

EDIT TO ADD

Is this what you mean " The lips were blanched and cut by several incisions running obliquely down to the chin." because that still reads as remarking that the lips were bloodless to me.
                          The syntax implies "blanched" and (then) "cut,etc".
                          Otherwise it might read "several incisions had blanched the lips of blood".

Not intending to be pedantic.
                          Just paying respect to my year 8 English teacher Mr Christie (AKA The Count),who wrote two amusing books on the subject. Um,not blanching lips,but.

Comment

I thought I had read or seen this report, MWR; yes, I believe that you can see the flap covering over her right eye in the photo; the left side of her face is mostly indiscernible.

​​
                            Spent hours looking at the picture with her head blown up on a 1080p 120" screen. That is just her head.

Her left eye is discernible.The left eyebrow has been re-positioned directly above it.

Her right eye is askew.

Her mouth is way out of position,less than 5" below her left eye. One cut can be seen on the bottom lip.

I cannot make out her nose at all.Wonder if the cartilage and bone had been removed.

Comment

It's Modelo and 1800 and Los Tucanes

I'll outline the flap out when I get a chance.
                              I would be interested to see this. As previously mentioned I has struggled to make head nor tale of her face. I think I can identify her right eye but cant be 100% sure?

Tristan
                              Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

TRD
                                I simply cant imagine that the doctors carrying out the postmortem would not have been able to see if either acid or boiling water would have been poured over her face. Seems a little too outlandish to me. I suppose without clarity in the photograph it is easy to conjecture. As richardh pointed out earlier the picture we are now seeing is a copy of a copy of a copy, so a lot of the finer detail has been lost. I think having a high res scan of the original would likely change our perspectives/theories entirely. Though the chances of that ever happening are remote at best.

Tristan
                                Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Working...
                                X