Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Schwartz interpretation is acurate ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
    Hello CD.

"2. He (Jack) was so aroused by what he saw that he decided to take his chances and went ahead with the murder."

Logically, why not:

"2'. He (Jack) was so aroused by what he saw that he decided to take his chances and went ahead with the murder--AND the mutilations."

Cheers.
    LC
    Hello Lynn,

Yes, true enough but we don't know what took place after Jack killed her. The more chances you take, the greater the probability of getting caught. Something could have frightened him post kill that had not been there when he initially cut her throat.

You could also extend your line of reasoning to assume that if it were Jack that he would have happily continued to mutilate as the members poured out of the club. Sometimes common sense and self preservation put the kibosh on things we want to do.

c.d.

Comment

• "My heart leaps up when I behold . . ."

Hello (again) CD. Thanks.

The forensic evidence shows conclusively that Liz died where she was found. Mud, water, no rumpling of the dress--everything conspires to indicate this.

If you wish to place the club in brackets, fine. Tom and Caroline have shown interest in the privies located in the yard. That works well as a pretext for Liz and/or her assailant being in the yard.

When I see your, and a few other poster's, reasoning about the BS story, my heart leaps up and I am filled with joy. But, inevitably, the posts begin where someone is trying to find a place for "Jack" and the reasoning becomes convoluted.

Perhaps I ask too much?

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Hello CD.

"Jack might have concluded that places where there were more prostitutes might also be places where there was a greater police presence."

And yet you believe he popped round to Mitre sq? No police there?

Cheers.
        LC
        Hello Lynn,

I said "might" and I am in no position to say with certainty what a serial killer may or may not do.

c.d.

Comment

• arousal

Hello (yet again) CD. Thanks.

"Sometimes common sense and self preservation put the kibosh on things we want to do."

Precisely. But what does that do to your "arousal" argument?

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• [QUOTE=lynn cates;291302]Hello (again) CD. Thanks.

The forensic evidence shows conclusively that Liz died where she was found. Mud, water, no rumpling of the dress--everything conspires to indicate this.

If you wish to place the club in brackets, fine. Tom and Caroline have shown interest in the privies located in the yard. That works well as a pretext for Liz and/or her assailant being in the yard.

When I see your, and a few other poster's, reasoning about the BS story, my heart leaps up and I am filled with joy. But, inevitably, the posts begin where someone is trying to find a place for "Jack" and the reasoning becomes convoluted.

Perhaps I ask too much?

Hello Lynn,

Well my heart leaps when you agree that the B.S. man was not her killer but then you always go on that Schwartz must have therefore lied so I guess we are even.

But if the idea of Jack appearing on the scene is so far fetched why did the police entertain the idea of another killer?

c.d.

Comment

• position

Hello CD.

"I said "might" and I am in no position to say with certainty what a serial killer may or may not do."

Indeed. Nor are we even in a position to say that is whom we are dealing with.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Hello (yet again) CD. Thanks.

"Sometimes common sense and self preservation put the kibosh on things we want to do."

Precisely. But what does that do to your "arousal" argument?

Cheers.
                LC
                The conditions changed so that what initially appeared to be safe no longer seemed that way. Paranoia can do that.

c.d.

Comment

• police thinking

Hello CD. Thanks.

"Well my heart leaps when you agree that the B.S. man was not her killer but then you always go on that Schwartz must have therefore lied so I guess we are even."

Actually, I say that IF the tale is true, BS killed her--no doubt. But I would be ASTONISHED if BS killed her. Now do modus tollens.

"But if the idea of Jack appearing on the scene is so far fetched why did the police entertain the idea of another killer?"

For the same reason they entertained the suspect "Druitt-Kosminski-Tumblety-Klosowski." (Just love English hyphenated cognomens.)

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• bifurcation

Hello CD. Thanks.

So he was sort of uncontrollably aroused but also sort of not?

Very well.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

For the same reason they entertained the suspect "Druitt-Kosminski-Tumblety-Klosowski." (Just love English hyphenated cognomens.)
                      The Juwes-Jewes-James-IWMES are the hyphenated cognomens that will not be blamed for nothing.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        Excellent points, CD, and one in particular triggered some new thoughts. Well, new to me:
                        ... and as (or before) she went to eat one, another man came up to her and cut her throat? Within minutes of Schwartz's sighting, and at practically the same spot?

(I think you may well be right about when she took out the cachous, by the way, and your reasons for coming to that conclusion are sound.)
                        THe problem both you and CD have Sam, is however you figure out the various problems the 'Cachous' problem remains a problem.

Its simply non explainable from any point of view or angle.

It seems logical to suggest that continuing to hold onto the 'cachous' was some sort of reflex action. This suggests from what ever angle the murder happened it was simply very very fast

But I dont think anything else can be determined from the mysterious sweets

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Hello Lynn,

Schwartz didn't say that he saw Liz being killed where she was thrown down and he would have no way of knowing what took place after he fled.

The desire to kill might have have made him take a chance initially but that does not mean that paranoia couldn't have crept in at some point.

The police merely considered the idea of another killer they didn't say that that was actually the case. I think it is a reasonable assumption that they had some basis for considering it.

I am trying to cut down on my modus tollens so I will pass on that.

You are wearing me out and it is a beautiful, sunny day here so I have to get out and get some exercise.

c.d.

Comment

• Hello Jeff,

We are talking about the cachous relative to Liz being thrown down by the B.S. man not her holding them as she was killed. The key question is WHEN did she take them out.

c.d.

Comment

• Whom will pay?

Hello Gareth. Thanks.

Ah! But the Scots are the men who won't be paying for nothing. (We let the Welsh stand treat--heh-heh.)

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• hold on

Hello Jeff. Yet my old women kept them when I went for her neck. It worked well and simply.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X