X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
    It is.

Mike
    We know one of the theories mentioned has been thoroughly investigated and found to be baseless Mike, but based on your comment above, I can only assume that you have some evidence youre in possession of that categorically dismisses the involvement of Irish self rule protagonists in any Canonical murder. Love to see it.

If not....then your speculative opinion on the matter is just that. Oh, and the world isnt flat by the way....in case you missed the debunking of that erroneous and speculative opinion as well.

Cheers

Comment

• same

Hello Cris. Thanks.

Actually, I see myself doing precisely as Swanson did. It's about the only avenue open.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• Maybe a good follow up question would be...if BSM didn't exist (it seems like a logical comment based on the info we have) then who did kill her?

Cheers
        DRoy

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
          We know one of the theories mentioned has been thoroughly investigated and found to be baseless Mike, but based on your comment above, I can only assume that you have some evidence youre in possession of that categorically dismisses the involvement of Irish self rule protagonists in any Canonical murder. Love to see it.

If not....then your speculative opinion on the matter is just that. Oh, and the world isnt flat by the way....in case you missed the debunking of that erroneous and speculative opinion as well.

Cheers
          Hello Michael.

I readily agree to being a little flippant in my comparison, precisely due to the reason mentioned, I have yet to learn anything of substance about the theory.
          But, to address your point, the burden of proof always rests with the ones making the proposal.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
            Hello Michael.

I readily agree to being a little flippant in my comparison, precisely due to the reason mentioned, I have yet to learn anything of substance about the theory.
            But, to address your point, the burden of proof always rests with the ones making the proposal.
            I fully agree Jon, and although Ive suggested this kind of background story Ive yet to produce any solid evidence for the notion. Thats because Im not researching as much these days and Im really only trying to offer some others who are actively pursuing this issue some potentially interesting angles.

I believe that the reason so much mystery surrounds who this Mary Jane Kelly was and why someone would murder her may be found in a group of individuals who visited the murder scene that Monday morning...at the height of the crowds on Dorset. A Senior Post Office official....A member of Parliament,...just re-convened the previous week, and members of The Royal Irish Constabulary.

We have the Parnell Commission ongoing, we have the Post Office robbery the weekend of the Double Event...and the introduction of explosives through mail channels, and we cannot, despite the heroic efforts of some researchers, validate that a Mary Jane Kelly actually lived a life like she described to Joe Barnett. We cant validate that this Mary Jane Kelly ever existed. But we do know that her story seems to include time in Paris as a consort or some such thing...and Paris at that time was a staging ground for the Irish Self Rule protagonists intent on activity in London.

We know about every other victim...backgrounds, family. And it makes it so much more interesting when you consider that Kate Eddowes called herself versions of this name and address twice in 24 hours, just before she was murdered.

Just sayin.

Cheers Jon
            Last edited by Michael W Richards; 08-10-2013, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
              There's a a good deal of irony in that.

No one knows who killed any of these women or why. The same person who killed another 'unfortunate' on the same night by apparently the same method is just as good a possibility as anyone. There is no certainty either way and its just as presumptuous to say that Strides' murder is definitely not a "Ripper" case as it is to say it definitely was.
              I think what people like me fall back on is that when women are being killed and mutilated in a short space of time in and around the same area, it is extremely rare that it turns out to be politically motivated, or the work of more than one man.

When weighing this up against the MO, there is enough similarity in the killing of Stride, when compared with the other victims, to suggest that on the balance of probability Stride was killed by the man who killed the other women.

Comment

• Brown

Hello Mac. There is also enough similarity in the killing of Mrs. Brown.

But we know "Jack" did not kill her.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
                  I think what people like me fall back on is that when women are being killed and mutilated in a short space of time in and around the same area, it is extremely rare that it turns out to be politically motivated, or the work of more than one man.
                  In which case, FM, you should have a look at the number of women murdered in the north of England during Sutcliffe's offending period.

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
                  When weighing this up against the MO, there is enough similarity in the killing of Stride, when compared with the other victims, to suggest that on the balance of probability Stride was killed by the man who killed the other women.
                  Enough similarity? Sorry, FM, but nothing about the Stride murder is consistent with the Ripper's established offence behaviour. And I mean nothing.

Comment

• Absolutes again.

Originally posted by Garry Wroe View Post
                    In which case, FM, you should have a look at the number of women murdered in the north of England during Sutcliffe's offending period.

Enough similarity? Sorry, FM, but nothing about the Stride murder is consistent with the Ripper's established offence behaviour. And I mean nothing.
                    Low class female. Throat slit left to right. Body close, parallel to a wall in a dark spot. Etc. Nothing indeed. Not saying Stride is. I must be daft to see anything similar at all.
                    Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• "Let me count the ways."

Hello DLDW.

Out of curiousity, how many ways can a throat be slit?

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

• Heh heh Lynn

At least 2. I could provide quite a many but that would be to revealing and I have revealed 2 much already by saying that much.
                        Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• ways and means

Hello DLDW. Thanks.

And four were of one variety; "MJK" of the other.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Digalittledeeperwatson View Post
                            Low class female. Throat slit left to right. Body close, parallel to a wall in a dark spot. Etc. Nothing indeed. Not saying Stride is. I must be daft to see anything similar at all.
                            There are reasonable arguments on both sides, but nothing conclusive of course.
                            The biggest unknown is, was the wound to the throat the only wound he intended, or did he intend to mutilate?
                            That will always be a major point of disagreement.

Are we supposed to believe that a killer will attempt to mutilate a body, less than six feet from the footpath, in full view of the houses opposite, and beside a noisy club, and within feet of the side door?

And yet, the way the scarf was described, as tight around the throat, it appears the killer used it to choke her before the knife was used - an observation noticed in the two previous murders.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Enough similarity? Sorry, FM, but nothing about the Stride murder is consistent with the Ripper's established offence behaviour. And I mean nothing.
                              Female victim. At night. In Whitechapel area. Knife used. Left carotid artery attacked.
                              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                                And yet, the way the scarf was described, as tight around the throat, it appears the killer used it to choke her before the knife was used - an observation noticed in the two previous murders.
                                Hi Wickerman

It may well be the case that both Nichols and Chapman were throttled in some way, but it appears that this wasn't an observation noticed in the Nichols case by anyone at the time, or if they did, there's not a mention of it anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X