Remarkably clear Photo enhancement of Liz Stride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losmandris View Post

Its around 5MB and the limit is 2MB. Feel free to private message me your email address and I can send it over to you if you like?
    Once you (Addalime) have it, you could email folk back again if you can't get a copy at or below 2mb?
    Iconoclast
    Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

This is only 1mb ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 05 30 Farson MJK.JPG
Views:	613
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	781085
      Iconoclast

Comment

Here's the original 'copy' (from Lacassagne, 1899) ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020 05 30 Lacassagne MJK (Portrait).JPG Views:	0 Size:	168.4 KB ID:	781087
        Iconoclast

Comment

Fantastic work does bring them to life somewhat;(

Comment

Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

Cynical? Yes.

Correct? Yes.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Good work Addalime. The the improvement to and clarity of the photographs is remarkable. What App are you using?
              Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Addalime.

Here's the best version I know of for the MJK bed photo. It's large for a jpg - 20MB, and so the resolution is also large - 4806 x 6150.
                It will give you the best starting point for what you want to do. I don't know of it's source - if it's scanned from a book or a photo.

It's far too big to show in a browser. That's why I'll put a download link. I could downscale it to a smaller resolution to show here, but that would defeat the point of my post. It needs to be viewed in an image viewer/editor to appreciate.

I've uploaded it before for something similar but can't find the thread for it.

It's a Dropbox link.

I don't know for Mac and Linux and their browsers, but I'm on Windows and use Firefox browser. If I click my link I get a dialog box appear asking me where I want to save it. Your browser might have a default folder/directory for downloads in which case it will probably go straight into that folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbmpl6c4py...ipper.jpg?dl=1

edit

I'm fond of old PC games. 1990s and early 2000s. A thing at the moment is using AI to upscale the old texture files used for these games. Some of the results are great.

edit 2
                I found the thread that I said I couldn't find. It's for colourisations done by erobitha. Post #47 on page 4 of the thread shows the MJK bed colourisation.

https://forum.casebook.org/forum/rip...ders-in-colour
                Last edited by Ozzy; 02-10-2022, 12:31 PM.
                These are not clues, Fred.
                It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                We will not.

Comment

Ah, these are all the best quality so far. Thanks. I will try the photo app on them. Thanks!

Comment

Here is the result. Better in some ways, but frustrating in others. You can clearly see perfectly preserved bloody fingerprints on the legs. Unfortunately, not much use to detectives in 1888! also, there is still something baffling about Mary's face. Not just the horrific mutilation, something that doesn't seem to make sense... Is it possible that the face had been badly re touched by someone? Click image for larger version

Name:	Remini20220208154524548.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	781240

Comment

Originally posted by Addalime View Post
                      ... there is still something baffling about Mary's face. Not just the horrific mutilation, something that doesn't seem to make sense... Is it possible that the face had been badly re touched by someone? [/ATTACH]
                      Since seeing the photo for the first time in the old Stephen Knight paperback decades ago, I've always felt that the actual details of her ravaged face have been obscured somehow. The image we have is too sheerly incomprehensible, in spite of all that we know was done to her.

They've done us a favour, I don't doubt.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                        Addalime.

Here's the best version I know of for the MJK bed photo. It's large for a jpg - 20MB, and so the resolution is also large - 4806 x 6150.
                        It will give you the best starting point for what you want to do. I don't know of it's source - if it's scanned from a book or a photo.

It's far too big to show in a browser. That's why I'll put a download link. I could downscale it to a smaller resolution to show here, but that would defeat the point of my post. It needs to be viewed in an image viewer/editor to appreciate.

I've uploaded it before for something similar but can't find the thread for it.

It's a Dropbox link.

I don't know for Mac and Linux and their browsers, but I'm on Windows and use Firefox browser. If I click my link I get a dialog box appear asking me where I want to save it. Your browser might have a default folder/directory for downloads in which case it will probably go straight into that folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbmpl6c4py...ipper.jpg?dl=1

edit

I'm fond of old PC games. 1990s and early 2000s. A thing at the moment is using AI to upscale the old texture files used for these games. Some of the results are great.

edit 2
                        I found the thread that I said I couldn't find. It's for colourisations done by erobitha. Post #47 on page 4 of the thread shows the MJK bed colourisation.

https://forum.casebook.org/forum/rip...ders-in-colour

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that MJK image was already AI upscaled by another member on here. For authenticity's sake I don't think it's a good idea to then run it again through an image processor.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonica View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that MJK image was already AI upscaled by another member on here. For authenticity's sake I don't think it's a good idea to then run it again through an image processor.
                          Yes, I saw that one. This one isn't as far as I know the same version. It looked like a scan directly from the book. There is a limit to how clear these can be made given the relatively low tech I'm using.

Comment

Name:	Remini20220210144145786 copy.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	781246

Comment

Name:	Remini20220210144423065 copy.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	781248

Comment

That pesky Maybrick has been leaving those initials again.

Name:	2FB8C279-C67F-4CA8-94FB-42090A9B6C8E.jpeg
Views:	696
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	781250

Comment

Working...
                                X