Stride & Diemschutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stride & Diemschutz

Ok forgive if this has been asked before but it's said that Diemschutz was the one that found Stride's body and that her blood was still flowing from the wound, her body was cold in some places but warm in others. The common belief is that the Ripper was either interrupted before he could do his thing with Stride's body or that Stride wasn't a Ripper victim at all. When I think "interrupted" I think, ok someone is coming, let me run off, Stride was discovered at about 1am but if the dockworker is to be believed that he saw Stride just 15 minutes earlier telling someone "not tonight, maybe some other night," I mean that's just 15 minutes for crying out loud. That would lead me to think that the Ripper heard something or someone coming and took off but was wrong but better safe than sorry. My question is, first Stride is mostly considered a victim of the Ripper but what's the proof of that other than area and timing; or is that the gist of it? Does it say anywhere that Diemschutz actually saw anyone walking away or anything? I mean I know it was super dark but still.

After discovering Strides body, Diemschutz left it for a moment to go and alert the club about the murder. If her killer was hiding in one of the dark spots in the yard, this would present a window of opportunity to escape. So I would guess the Ripper heard Diemschutz approaching went to hide in the shadows of the yard out of sight. When Diemschutz left momentarily, the Ripper fled. Diemschutz himself said there were areas of the yard he couldn't see.

Comment

Don't forget a third option. That she was killed in order to protect his identity. He took his chance to kill her in order to not be identified and she may have tried to get to the club as an attempt to reach safety as she was suspcious. He may have hid in the shadows or he may have been the footsteps Fanny Mortimer heard.
      Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
      JayHartley.com

Comment

Hello Clark,

There is no "proof" that Stride was a Ripper victim.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
          Hello Clark,

There is no "proof" that Stride was a Ripper victim.

c.d.
          We doing this again are we?

She was.
          JayHartley.com

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post

She was.
            Well thank God the debate is finally over.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

Well thank God the debate is finally over.

c.d.
              Ha ha ha - would it not be great if that's all it took? So many more of us would get along
              JayHartley.com

Comment

Originally posted by Astatine211 View Post
                After discovering Strides body, Diemschutz left it for a moment to go and alert the club about the murder. If her killer was hiding in one of the dark spots in the yard, this would present a window of opportunity to escape. So I would guess the Ripper heard Diemschutz approaching went to hide in the shadows of the yard out of sight. When Diemschutz left momentarily, the Ripper fled. Diemschutz himself said there were areas of the yard he couldn't see.
                That sounds pretty risky because it would offer little that he could do if they were to come looking. But sounds legit to me. So the Ripper may have been literally only a few feet away at the time

Comment

She was.
                  Ok I take it there was a big debate over Stride being a Ripper victim once upon a time?

Comment

Originally posted by clark2710 View Post

Ok I take it there was a big debate over Stride being a Ripper victim once upon a time?
                    The debate has never ended.
                    JayHartley.com

Comment

The debate has never ended.
                      That is putting it mildly!

c.d.

Comment

You're not from around here, are you?

Several very lengthy, twisty turny 'was she or wasn't she' debates have been going on for what seems like decades.

Here's a suggestion, clark. Before you start a new thread, just take a look at all the existing ones to see if your question has already been discussed ad nauseam.

Have a safe and relaxing weekend.

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post

You're not from around here, are you?

Several very lengthy, twisty turny 'was she or wasn't she' debates have been going on for what seems like decades.

Here's a suggestion, clark. Before you start a new thread, just take a look at all the existing ones to see if your question has already been discussed ad nauseam.

Have a safe and relaxing weekend.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          Well, DJA Dave has most subtlety encouraged Clark along these lines. He does it in his most dry and peculiar way, but essentially the message was "use the search function"

Correct me if I'm wrong Dave.
                          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Given the thread title - is anyone aware of any theory citing Diemshutz as Stride's killer? (that's what I thought this thread might be before I clicked in.)

Comment

Ok forgive if this has been asked before but it's said that Diemschutz was the one that found Stride's body and that her blood was still flowing from the wound, her body was cold in some places but warm in others. The common belief is that the Ripper was either interrupted before he could do his thing with Stride's body or that Stride wasn't a Ripper victim at all. When I think "interrupted" I think, ok someone is coming, let me run off, Stride was discovered at about 1am but if the dockworker is to be believed that he saw Stride just 15 minutes earlier telling someone "not tonight, maybe some other night," I mean that's just 15 minutes for crying out loud. That would lead me to think that the Ripper heard something or someone coming and took off but was wrong but better safe than sorry. My question is, first Stride is mostly considered a victim of the Ripper but what's the proof of that other than area and timing; or is that the gist of it? Does it say anywhere that Diemschutz actually saw anyone walking away or anything? I mean I know it was super dark but still.
                              The answer is its purely presumptive linkage based on the geography and historical timing. The physical evidence would not indicate a serial abdominal mutilator to anyone who had investigative training, so its about presuming interruptions mostly. Diemshitz actual arrival time is disputed by several statements by men in attendance at the club.
                              Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
                              X