The Keystone Cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Keystone Cops

Elizabeth Stride is the keystone to the WM. Don't bother asking yourself whether or not she was a Ripper victim. Rather, ask yourself why she had to be included as part of the Ripper tally. Approaching it this way around puts the WM in a whole new light.
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Elizabeth Stride is the keystone to the WM. Don't bother asking yourself whether or not she was a Ripper victim. Rather, ask yourself why she had to be included as part of the Ripper tally. Approaching it this way around puts the WM in a whole new light.
    Ok Simon, I don’t know about anyone else of course but you’ve lost me straight away.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Consider the consequences of Stride not being included in the Ripper's tally.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Ok Simon, I don’t know about anyone else of course but you’ve lost me straight away.
        I'll second that.

Comment

Read Post #3.

Comment

Read Post #3.
            Well if it is a math question I would say 5-1 = 4. Still don't know what you are getting at.

c.d.

Comment

Ask yourself why it was imperative that Stride had to be included in/couldn't be left out of the Ripper tally.

Comment

The Saucy Jacky postcard?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                  The Saucy Jacky postcard?
                  The Macnaghten Memorandum?
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Create a double-event?

Comment

To hide Stride's killing within the other victims?

Comment

Hi Scott and Herlock,

You're both right, but Martyn wins a prize off the top shelf.

Stride's murder had nothing to do with the "Ripper."

But Stride had to be made part of the "Ripper's" tally, because, if she had been treated as the victim of, say, a one-off domestic murder, it would have destroyed any notion of a lone "serial killer" stalking the East End of London.

Solution?

Send a postcard to the press, sign it Jack the Ripper, and claim Stride as the first victim in a double event.

And everyone fell for it. Even Macnaghten.

Regards,

Simon
                        Last edited by Simon Wood; 06-22-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Simon,

Thanks for the prize but I'm not seeing how exempting Stride as the "Ripper's" work, but seeing it as possible domestic killing, destroys the idea of "lone serial killer".

I don't see them necessarily being mutually exclusive ideas.

I do feel there is something contrived and artificial about the Double Event and I like the idea of the postcard setting a false narrative.

Martyn

Comment

Hi Martyn,

You can't promote a "lone serial killer" stalking the East End, when a totally unconnected killing takes place within the hour on the same day.

You have to own it.

Regards,

Simon
                            Last edited by Simon Wood; 06-22-2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Hi Scott and Herlock,

You're both right, but Martyn wins a prize off the top shelf.

Stride's murder had nothing to do with the "Ripper."

But Stride had to be made part of the "Ripper's" tally, because, if she had been treated as the victim of, say, a one-off domestic murder, it would have destroyed any notion of a lone "serial killer" stalking the East End of London.

Solution?

Send a postcard to the press, sign it Jack the Ripper, and claim Stride as the first victim in a double event.

And everyone fell for it. Even Macnaghten.

Regards,

Simon
                              Hi Simon,

Like Martyn i can’t see how Stride needed to be a part of the series? After all she wasn’t mutilated and even today there are many that feel she wasn’t killed by the ripper. The police also had Smith and Tabram.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                              X