The Murder of Elizabeth Stride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Maria,

There was a time when AP Wolf wrote his posts in such a way that he appeared to be a woman and never bothered to correct posters who made that assumption.

c.d.

Comment

• Hi Tom,

Well I still like you if that helps. Not a man crush or anything like that just so we are clear.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        Hi Maria,

There was a time when AP Wolf wrote his posts in such a way that he appeared to be a woman and never bothered to correct posters who made that assumption.

c.d.
        Quite correct about the question about AP Wolf's gender.

And also in regard to the late David Radka, it's true that it is not nice to speak ill of the dead, however, a lot of posts that he wrote in this forum were on the strange and quirky side. I believe long-time posters will recall that he was banned from posting under his own name and came back using the screen name "Saddam" which was in a way typical of the man.

Best regards

Chris
        Christopher T. George
        Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
        just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
        For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
        RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

• Ooooh no more posts for me ......snubbed lol!!!!

Hi ChrisG

I don't believe I was on the boards when he was around, certainly sounds like a character.

Not sure if I would describe myself as quirky and strange, but obviously Maria disagrees.

Tj
          It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

• Quite correct about the question about AP Wolf's gender.

It did have me quite confused for a while as I had initially assumed that he was a man. I guess it was just his little private joke or more accurately a joke about his privates.

c.d.

Comment

Hi Maria,
              Like in what way? Talking about his feelings, cooking recipes, ironing he had to do, collecting barbie dolls? Typing little hearts over his “i“s? Can you give an example, even paraphrasing, as I expect it to be really entertaining.
              Not to go on with the excessive corny, C.D., but I like you too. A lot. And I really love your jokes.
              Do we all sound like we're on drugs today, or what? I expect a few people (male) to start tearing up soon.

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
              Quite correct about the question about AP Wolf's gender.
              And also in regard to the late David Radka, it's true that it is not nice to speak ill of the dead, however, a lot of posts that he wrote in this forum were on the strange and quirky side. I believe long-time posters will recall that he was banned from posting under his own name and came back using the screen name "Saddam" which was in a way typical of the man.
              The one about gender confusion with AP Wolf has totally evaded my newbie awareness. Radka also took the screen name "Mephisto“ and a couple other ones, I think. Sometimes he posted in multiple conversations with himself, both as Radka and Mephisto. But it's really not good to comment about the dead.

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
              For once I’m happy that Maria has spoken for me. LOL.
              I'm really embarrassed, Tom, and I wish I hadn't. Most of all I'm deeply embarrassed to have posted the double Mortimer quote over at the Forums.
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

• But it's really not good to comment about the dead.

yet she did it anyway

Tj

Comment

• Originally posted by mariab View Post

The one about gender confusion with AP Wolf has totally evaded my newbie awareness. Radka also took the screen name "Mephisto“ and a couple other ones, I think. Sometimes he posted in multiple conversations with himself, both as Radka and Mephisto. But it's really not good to comment about the dead.
                  David Radka's comportment here is a part of forum history and Ripperology history, if you like.

Chris
                  Christopher T. George
                  Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                  just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                  For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                  RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

• Hi Maria,

Thank you for the kind words. I like you too. A lot. Ok. There, I said it.

As for AP, he always wanted to know where the relationship was heading and he always wanted to cuddle "afterwards" if you get my drift. So naturally I just assumed he was of the female persuasion.

Actually, his posts were often hard to decipher as they were apparently put together under the influence of a great deal of brandy. He stated as such in his posts. But he did talk about wearing women's clothes and threw in some PMS references as I recall. There were other clues but that is all I can recall at the moment.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
                      David Radka's comportment here is a part of forum history and Ripperology history, if you like.
                      Yes, every field has its niche and fascinating insider stories about the late colleagues. Another reason why conferences are so much fun sometimes. In my own field we don't have internet forums, so, apart from conferences, it's almost always one-on-one contact.

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                      Hi Maria,
                      Like I said, we sound like we're all on ecstasy today.

As for AP, he always wanted to know where the relationship was heading and he always wanted to cuddle "afterwards" if you get my drift. So naturally I just assumed he was of the female persuasion.
                      I get your drift, but have difficulty imagining how this would apply to Ripperology. If there's a funny story, could you please tell, if possible? (But only if you wish.)

Actually, his posts were often hard to decipher as they were apparently put together under the influence of a great deal of brandy. He stated as such in his posts.
                      That one I've most certainly noticed. But I thought it so cute.

But he did talk about wearing women's clothes and threw in some PMS references as I recall.
                      At the JTRForums he might spot an avatar with a female wolf topless or something, I'm not sure. I've been wondering if my American boss has PMS, he errupts once per month, like clockwork. He laughed when I mentioned it. But he's under a lot of strain.
                      Best regards,
                      Maria

Comment

Considering that there are currently a couple old ladies complaining in the most whining and irrational (not to mention inelegant, bordering on hysterical) fashion about my posts over in the JTRForums.
                        I'm off the hook then.

I'm old, but as anyone could tell you, I'm no lady. I did mention you in one post over there, Maria, but it was to defend you on the basis that English isn't your first language. I thought it might help account for the difficulties you have when you repeat what you think you have learned from and about other people.

The only two inelegant old ladies I can think of over there are Howard and Tim, and they can be hysterically funny too, but hardly whining or irrational.

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Hi Maria,

Actually, his posts were often hard to decipher as they were apparently put together under the influence of a great deal of brandy. He stated as such in his posts. But he did talk about wearing women's clothes and threw in some PMS references as I recall. There were other clues but that is all I can recall at the moment.

c.d.
                          Jesus, suddenly I feel so sain and balanced

Comment

• 1903 Directory

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                            Hi Stewart,
                            Interesting. The 1881 Census, the 1889 directory, the 1899 Goads and the 1909 photograph show the address as 46 Berner Street.
                            46 doesn't appear on the 1891 census for Berner Street, and 29 would be the correct number for a Fairclough Street address. So I think we are both probably right in a strange way.
                            Rob
                            Rob, My 1903 Post Office Directory shows it as 46 Berner Street, Rotman Myer, chandler's shop.

I'm wondering if it might have incorporated two properties, 29 Fairclough Street and 46 Berner Street, as it was an elongated corner plot.
                            SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Tracy,
                              are you the female AP Wolf? Only at least AP Wolf has style and knows damn much about the case. You sound like David Radka unmedicated, only less coherent.
                              Tracy has contributed a great deal, to this, our field of interest!

You have contributed nothing!

You have served to disrupt the flow of just about every discussion, into which you have injected yourself, both here, and in JTRForums.com.

But, you haven't contributed a single thing, of any value: Nothing!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Colin Roberts;178710]Tracy has contributed a great deal, to this, our field of interest!

You have contributed nothing!

You have served to disrupt the flow of just about every discussion, into which you have injected yourself, both here, and in JTRForums.com.

But, you haven't contributed a single thing, of any value: Nothing![/QUOTE]

Wow thanks Colin, I don't really know what to write, because I can't top it, what an amazing post. Your a star

Tracy

Comment

Working...
                                X