Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Maria

I'm aware of the Schwartz link in the Kauffman thread. Bear in mind though
    that a lot of these anarchist chappies had numerous aliases. A freind of mine recently discovered the names of the perpetrators involved in the John Grafton affair, 1905. I gave him some help in his research, and I can tell you that aliases abounded. I believe Liz Stride used Duttfileds Yard for her prostituting ways, BS man a drunken punter cutting her throat for some real or imagined slight.

Observer

Comment

• Originally posted by mariab;159092[B
      To Lynn Cates:[/B]
      Johann Stammer was John Kelly? For freaking sake, if everybody spots several different names, how am I supposed to get oriented here? It's almost like the casebook forums! Lechmere vs. Cross, Pirate Jack vs. Captain Jack...
      You said it!!!!!

Observer

Comment

• Originally posted by sleekviper View Post
        Oh I know it is something that makes little sense Observer, but in those reports, how many have someone leaving the person that caused the anger to erupt, to take on someone that was simply walking by?
        Hi Viper

You'd be surprised at how many adopt those very tactics.

Observer

Comment

• Hi Viper,

But the BS man might have thought that Schwartz was showing too much interest in something that was not his business and that his next action might have been to intervene.

c.d.

Comment

• Hi Maria,

You get hit on a lot, huh?

c.d.

Comment

• LOL, not much surprises me anymore. Ok, so a guy hulking over a woman that has fallen in the street, yells a racial remark at one or two guys across the street. They run, so he helps the woman up, takes her to a yard where a party is going on directly behind this encounter, cuts her throat, and nobody knows anything except a guy that ran that does not speak a word of English?
              I confess that altruistic and cynically selfish talk seem to me about equally unreal. With all humility, I think 'whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might,' infinitely more important than the vain attempt to love one's neighbour as one's self. If you want to hit a bird on the wing you must have all your will in focus, you must not be thinking about yourself, and equally, you must not be thinking about your neighbour; you must be living with your eye on that bird. Every achievement is a bird on the wing.
              Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

• C.D. wrote:
                Alcohol can make people do really stupid things. Trust me on this. Actually, people can do really stupid things while being quite sober. Trust me on this as well.

I trust you at 100% on both counts, C.D.!
                If that Albanian (?) guy was hitting on me, he certainly did it the wrong way.

To Observer:
                I know about the abundance of aliases, but this anarchist Schwartz chap is identifiable, with a bit of luck. There are more spy reports to go through, and he might have published in Der Arbeter Fraint. If he's mentioned anywhere else, we'll nail his as*, I promise.
                Best regards,
                Maria

Comment

• Hi Maria,

Don't feel guilty just because some guy hits on you. I can sympathize. I can't begin to count the number of times that I have been mentally undressed by women that I work with.

c.d.

Comment

• C.D. wrote:
                    Don't feel guilty just because some guy hits on you.

Everytime a guy I'm NOT interested in checks me out, I feel like asking him for a $20.

C.D.:
                    I can sympathize. I can't begin to count the number of times that I have been mentally undressed by women that I work with.

Good for you!

I'm just gonna make something to eat now. My intentions of working on this due proposal have gone to hell in a basket, but maybe later...
                    Best regards,
                    Maria

Comment

• sleekviper wrote:
                      LOL, not much surprises me anymore. Ok, so a guy hulking over a woman that has fallen in the street, yells a racial remark at one or two guys across the street. They run, so he helps the woman up, takes her to a yard where a party is going on directly behind this encounter, cuts her throat, and nobody knows anything except a guy that ran that does not speak a word of English?

Cops who work with crackheads today probably get to hear even more stupid stories...
                      Best regards,
                      Maria

Comment

• still makes me nervous
                        I confess that altruistic and cynically selfish talk seem to me about equally unreal. With all humility, I think 'whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might,' infinitely more important than the vain attempt to love one's neighbour as one's self. If you want to hit a bird on the wing you must have all your will in focus, you must not be thinking about yourself, and equally, you must not be thinking about your neighbour; you must be living with your eye on that bird. Every achievement is a bird on the wing.
                        Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

• Hi Maria,

I worked with a woman (a real feisty type) who told me that she was walking down the street one day when some old guy in a beat up car pulled up next to her, leaned out the window and said "hey, for $50 bucks I bet we could have a good time." She said "I'd like to but I don't have $50 bucks." He was completely taken aback and could only stammer "no, I meant I would pay you the $50." She smiled sweetly and said "I'm flattered but why don't you just keep the $50 and get your car fixed." Ouch.

c.d.

Comment

• Hi Maria

Dangerous to typecast I know, but the vast majority of those anarchist types were doers, firebrands, men of action. The wimpish Schwartz (if his story is to be believed) doesn't somehow fit the bill.

Observer

Comment

• Originally posted by sleekviper View Post
                              LOL, not much surprises me anymore. Ok, so a guy hulking over a woman that has fallen in the street, yells a racial remark at one or two guys across the street. They run, so he helps the woman up, takes her to a yard where a party is going on directly behind this encounter, cuts her throat, and nobody knows anything except a guy that ran that does not speak a word of English?
                              Not exactly. Schwartz was initially on the same side of the street as BS man, BS man threw Stride down, she had not fallen, and he did not help her up, rather he dragged her into the yard.

Observer

Comment

• To C.D.:
                                For some reason, all the guys I've been out with had beat-up cars. It's endearing. Generally speaking, the older the car, the cooler the guy. I've never seen a guy in a BMW or a Mazerati who was not
                                - gay
                                - Italian (which is about the same as gay)
                                - his rich dad's son
                                - fiscally criminal.

To Observer:
                                Dangerous to typecast I know, but the vast majority of those anarchist types were doers, firebrands, men of action. The wimpish Schwartz (if his story is to be believed) doesn't somehow fit the bill.

He was still young in 1888. And whimpish might have been the reason they chose him, if his testimony was indeed fabricated. Plus he had a “theatrical appearance“, whatever that means.
                                Best regards,
                                Maria

Comment

Working...
                                X