X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Lynn

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
    "Again, she wasn't left alone for very long, was she?"

Don't know. We have scant knowledge of her movements.
    She wasn`t.
    There are numerous witness statements with regard to her movements.

"Yes, approaching is the first stage."

Of many things..
    .. and in this insrtance, what was the most likely reason ?

"Don't know why but there weren't may other women about"

Nor yet men.."
    Can`t think of any other single women wandering around, but plenty of men.

"No. It was a better area than Spitalfields."

In what way? Perhaps not financially..."
    In every way.

Comment

• grey cells

Hello Jon. Thanks.

"There are numerous witness statements with regard to her movements."

You mean her PURPORTED movements. They are not exactly harmonious, are they?

".. and in this instance, what was the most likely reason?"

To ask alms? To know the time? Shall I continue?

"Can't think of any other single women wandering around, but plenty of men."

You were there?

No, Ami, zese feverish speculations zey will not do. We will proceed by order and method. Please to convey my regards to Inspector Japp.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn

"There are numerous witness statements with regard to her movements."

They are not exactly harmonious, are they?
        Don`t see any problems.
        To which do you refer ?

".. and in this instance, what was the most likely reason?"

To ask alms? To know the time? Shall I continue?
        Yes, please continue but can we have the more likely reasons.

"Can't think of any other single women wandering around, but plenty of men."

You were there??
        No, but the witnesses were. Any other single women hanging around ?

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Given the EXACT location and position of the body, it seems most congruent with her meeting someone at the back door and walking out of the yard and towards the street. But if so, I don't think soliciting is the best answer.

Cheers.
          LC
          Really? Of course to a conspiracy theorist who believes that a club member murdered Liz Stride, and that Schwartz was in on the conspiracy, the above assumption would readily roll of the tongue. To me, the position of the body is not conclusive as to whether Liz Stride was taken whilst walking in or out of the yard.

And you accuse posters of feverish speculation.
          Last edited by Observer; 10-23-2013, 07:11 AM. Reason: To scratch my head in wonderment

Comment

• on the back Berner

Hello Jon. Thanks.

"Don`t see any problems. To which do you refer?"

Care to start with headgear, or do you prefer coats?

"Any other single women hanging around?"

Haven't the foggiest. Did Baxter convene the inquest to discuss single women who hung about on Berner?

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn

"Don`t see any problems. To which do you refer?"

Care to start with headgear, or do you prefer coats?
              Why would hats or coats cause problems with witness statements?

"Any other single women hanging around?"

Haven't the foggiest.
              Can`t see any mentioned in the witness statements.

Comment

• One of the few things that don't quite gel for me , as far as Stride meeting her maker at the hands of the Ripper is this ... We have all been led to believe since day one, that once the killer had been disturbed by diemschutz , unsatisfied and frothing at the mouth he set off rampaging through the streets in search of another victim to unleash his pent up aggression and fury upon .

So he finds Kate , mutilates her and removes her uterus , just as he did with Annie , and just as he would have done with Polly if he had not been disturbed by Cross . And here is the thing .. once he is interrupted by Cross , does this blood thirsty monster set off rampaging through the streets in search of another victim to unleash his pent up aggression and fury upon . No , he heads back to his safe house / bolt hole , wherever ! with this apparent driving urge to remove organs fully under his control .

I am fully aware of the escalation argument .. but I don't think that would interfere with the killers own needs , he did not get what he wanted from Polly but he knew when to call it a day . Completely different MO we are lead to believe regarding Stride ?

cheers

moonbegger

Comment

• How do you know that the killer intended to take Polly Nichol's uterus?

Comment

• witnesses

Hello Jon. Thanks.

"Why would hats or coats cause problems with witness statements?"

The witnesses seem to have seen different blokes. Of course, it is still disputed.

And, no, the witnesses did not go on a tangent discussing who was hanging about.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                      And, no, the witnesses did not go on a tangent discussing who was hanging about.

Cheers.
                      LC
                      Are we to believe that the police did not question the witnesses as to who they saw on the night of the murder?

There was no need to go on a tangent, because there were no other individuals hanging about. If there were, the witnesses would have said as much, either to the police, or at inquest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Spring View Post
                        Hi Jon,

Thanks for that, no I didn't know that.

It could still mean there were body marks similar to Nichols and Chapman?

Best

Nick
                        Hi Nick.
                        Such bruises were seen by Phillips on Chapman, and later on McKenzie - for what its worth
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
                          One of the few things that don't quite gel for me , as far as Stride meeting her maker at the hands of the Ripper is this ... We have all been led to believe since day one, that once the killer had been disturbed by diemschutz , unsatisfied and frothing at the mouth he set off rampaging through the streets in search of another victim to unleash his pent up aggression and fury upon .

So he finds Kate , mutilates her and removes her uterus , just as he did with Annie , and just as he would have done with Polly if he had not been disturbed by Cross . And here is the thing .. once he is interrupted by Cross , does this blood thirsty monster set off rampaging through the streets in search of another victim to unleash his pent up aggression and fury upon . No , he heads back to his safe house / bolt hole , wherever ! with this apparent driving urge to remove organs fully under his control .

I am fully aware of the escalation argument .. but I don't think that would interfere with the killers own needs , he did not get what he wanted from Polly but he knew when to call it a day . Completely different MO we are lead to believe regarding Stride ?

cheers

moonbegger
                          Hi Moonbegger,

Good point but I think the need to mutilate the body was part of the sexual fantasy, he didn't get time with Stride and went in search of some sort of fulfilment.

Best

Nick

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                            Hi Nick.
                            Such bruises were seen by Phillips on Chapman, and later on McKenzie - for what its worth
                            Hi Jon.

Yes that's right but strangely none on Eddowes.

Of course he could have used other methods to overcome these poor women depending on the circumstances. It doesn't necessarily mean just grab throat and strangle.

The killer was obviously strong and they were despatched quickly without noise.

cheers

Nick

Comment

• Eddowes had abrasions on the left side of her face.
                              Best Wishes,
                              Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                                Eddowes had abrasions on the left side of her face.
                                Hi Hunter,

Thanks for that.

Best

Nick

Comment

Working...
                                X