Did jack kill liz stride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter,

What you described as what "Oel' Issy" saw is what I had just said, a misinterpretation of what he said he saw.

I agree, the witness testimonies are very hard to accept as being genuine. We can't, however, ignore them completely. There will be one witness who saw the ripper. He wasn't a ghost.

Yours truly
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Hey Hunter,
      Love it, parcelman fits like a glove and is identified by my man Smith, and shows Liz was trying her luck, all top notch deduction.
      Nowadays I keep hearing that witness statements are notoriously unreliable, but in the ripper case they are set in stone, ok maybe thats because thats they are all we have, but when you challenge them what happens is that you come closer to how human beings really behave
      I'm going to bed, stsarting to talk rubbish
      all the best mart

Comment

• Originally posted by corey123 View Post
        Well, that depends on what happened BEFOR bsm threw liz down.
        I personally do not believe that bsm was Jack the Ripper
        Yours truly
        Hi Corey,

...So something happened before BSM threw Liz down...and Stride is a Ripper victim but BSM wasn't Jack ?
        I don't understand.

Amitiés,
        David

Comment

• Martin,

There are huge holes in this case. We have more than the witness testimonies though. I wouldn't rely heavily on them.

Sleep tight.
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• David,

I ment that it would depend on what happened with Stride and BSM to say why he threw her down.

I dont think BSM is Jack the Ripper. However I think Jack the Ripper killer Elizabeth Stride.

Sorry if Im confusing.
            Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Originally posted by martin wilson View Post
              I prefer my scenario, he was in the club, having a drink and someone found Strides body and they freaked so they denied everything and later on that day sent Schwartz with an interpreter (handy that) to Leman street to avert suspicion away from the club and its members. If stride was working the club he could have seen her before or indeed on that night, and if he saw her on that night, he was in the club.because the natural route out would have been through the yard.
              whaddya think? all the best mart
              Hi Martin,

I think that Schwartz, if indeed he was in the club, was a pitiful choice to avert suspicion.
              A pitiful choice with a pitiful story.

Amitiés,
              David

Comment

David,

I ment that it would depend on what happened with Stride and BSM to say why he threw her down.

I dont think BSM is Jack the Ripper. However I think Jack the Ripper killer Elizabeth Stride.

Sorry if Im confusing.
                Hi Corey,

as is well known :

"It is statistically improbable that the same woman would have been assaulted in the same place twice and by different men within 15 minutes..."
                (Paul Begg)

Amitiés,
                David

Comment

• David,

Well as I have said, I think Schwartz misinterpreted what he saw. In another words, I dont believe he ever saw liz assulted at all.

Even if he did, we can't rely on statistics alone.
                  Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• One thing I have been wondering is how possible is it that Stride's apparent epilectic fits might have played a role in her attack and/or murder.

Is it possible that when BSM grabbed her she fell to the ground and had a seizure? Therefore, when Schwartz saw this (if he did), he misinterpreted what was happening? I know it's far-fetched but I'm just asking. Maybe someone who knows more about epilepsy and if she really had it could come up with something.

Also, could it be that when she was seized from behind she went into a fit and this is why the mutilations didn't occur? Would Jack want to try and restrain her to continue with his "work"?

Just some questions.

Comment

• Matt,

I dont know the asnwer to any of your questions but this.

Would Jack want to try and restrain her to continue with his "work"?

Yes.

Yours truly
                      Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Well as I have said, I think Schwartz misinterpreted what he saw. In another words, I dont believe he ever saw liz assulted at all.
                        Hi Corey,

you can't say so.
                        If he never saw Liz assaulted at all, Schwartz is a big liar, and it has nothing to do with "misinterpretation."

Amitiés,
                        David

Comment

• hey mattwill,
                          Wow, that is a good point, my wife suffers from epilepsy and when she has what is called a grand mal seizure the first thing that happens is she falls to the ground(if she is standing up obviously)
                          next she starts shaking violently I am 6' 2" and she is 5' 2" and it is a real struggle to get her glasses off and try to check she hasnt swallowed her tongue and try to get something under her head, in fact its often impossible to do.
                          I will have to read up on the autopsy again to see if any she had any injuries consistent with a fit, thats got me thinking!
                          regards martin.

Comment

• Hi David
                            yes, that objection has the ring of truth to it,and I shall have to ponder it, while I am doing that what do you think of this question?

What would have been the consequences for the club and its members if, when the police asked them if they knew Liz or had seen her before they had answered yes?

regards mart

Comment

• Hi Martin,

Don't know what to answer...who knows ?

What we know is that these club members didn't fear having troubles with the police, apparently. There are press reports about such troubles.

Regarding Liz murder, I still vote broad-shouldered Jack.
                              Waiting for Tom's works, at least.
                              Until then, I would point out, once more, that we often read this and that about Schwartz, but still nobody can firmly connect him to the club.

Wait and see.

Amitiés,
                              David

Comment

• Originally posted by DVV View Post
                                Hi Corey,

as is well known :

"It is statistically improbable that the same woman would have been assaulted in the same place twice and by different men within 15 minutes..."
                                (Paul Begg)

Amitiés,
                                David
                                I would be much more inclined to agree with that statement had Liz been standing with a group of people outside a church at noon as opposed to a known prostitute standing by herself on the street late at night.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                                X