Did jack kill liz stride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by perrymason View Post
    To answer a question you posed Corey, why would the horse hesitate...I submit that we only know the horse did indeed "shy" because its an element of the statement of Louis Diemshitz. There was no noise that could have been heard by anyone that was supposed to have accompanied this reaction.

Its one of the things Louis gets to state without being challenged,...among many.

Best regards Corey, all.
    That is true Mike.
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Originally posted by DVV View Post
      True, Hunter,

but a pony is a horse, a donkey is not.
      You advised me to check wikipedia, which I did only to set my mind at rest, so just try it.

Hi Hunter,

Apologies! Wikipedia... That was Ditlew, not you...
      In any case, no offenced intended, of course.

A nice day to you both,
      David

Comment

• Leading stride

So far stride is canonical, unless those who disagree can bring your score up???
        Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• I think that she always will be Corey. Unless we find a letter saying 'I am Jack the Ripper and I definately did not kill Liz Stride'.
          In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

• I think there are, or rather there were, only 2 suspects : Jack and Kidney.

Many have tried to incriminate Kidney, and it was a legitimate search, but no evidence at all has been found.
            In other terms, he has been cleared, as he had already been in 1888.

What remains ?
            A Ripper-night in the East-End.
            A fitting timing with the second murder.
            A throat cut when the victim was lying on the ground.
            And a BSM who could well be Lawende's suspect.

Between Jack and Kidney, the choice seems easy.

Amitiés all,
            David
            Last edited by DVV; 12-30-2009, 07:06 PM. Reason: broken English

Comment

• Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
              I think that she always will be Corey. Unless we find a letter saying 'I am Jack the Ripper and I definately did not kill Liz Stride'.
              Kat......careful with voicing those kind of ideas...hell, because of that kind of thinking we have a diary and suggested letter sourced dna match to a contemporary painter staying in France at the time.....

Suggest something and it might be like the old addage, "be careful what you wish for".....

I await the "discovery" of the kind of letter you suggested with baited breath.

My best regards Kat

Comment

• Originally posted by perrymason View Post
                Kat......careful with voicing those kind of ideas...hell, because of that kind of thinking we have a diary and suggested letter sourced dna match to a contemporary painter staying in France at the time.....

Suggest something and it might be like the old addage, "be careful what you wish for".....

I await the "discovery" of the kind of letter you suggested with baited breath.

My best regards Kat
                Well actually I went in to the attic at my Nan's and guess what I found............................................. ...............
                In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

• Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
                  Well actually I went in to the attic at my Nan's and guess what I found............................................. ...............
                  If only it were that easy eh Kate??

yours truly
                  Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Originally posted by corey123 View Post
                    If only it were that easy eh Kate??

yours truly
                    Historically some of the claims have been made almost that easily corey....thank god for the most part we arent led as easily as sheep.

Best regards

Comment

• codicil

Hello Mike.

"thank god for the most part we arent led as easily as sheep."

Good codicil--"for the most part."

The best.
                      LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                        Hello Mike.

"thank god for the most part we arent led as easily as sheep."

Good codicil--"for the most part."

The best.
                        LC
                        As you and I know.....I cannot claim anything more than that and have the statement be defensible,....logically speaking.

My best regards Lynn

Comment

• Horses Are Prey Animals

Hi, everyone.

Like Hunter, I'm a horse owner & have owned them all my life. I do Trail Riding, which means going out in forests, mountains, roads, etc where you encounter new conditions all the time, so my horses are very calm and steady, but even they sometimes shy at the unexpected.

Horses are prey animals. Their defense against cougars, wolves, etc is to run away first and ask questions later. Period. The ones who didn't do this in the wild simply didn't survive to contribute to the gene pool, so this trait has been evolutionarily 'selected for'. This is also part of what mother-horses teach their offspring as soon as they are born.
                          I have seen a friend's horse almost put her through a tree because a loose Kleenex blew across the trail once. This same horse would swim a river, ignore barking dogs, etc.
                          Horses are terrified of snakes, which is why the sudden motion of the kleenex got such an extreme reaction. If it was a more familiar leaf, the horse might have shied for a split second, but it would immediately realize that it was "just a leaf"- something very familiar.

Horses are always listening & looking. They are seldom spooked by birds; once on a peaceful trail ride a pheasant flew out of the brush beside me at point-blank range & passed directly under my horses stomach- I almost had a heart-attack, but thank God my horse knew it was a bird and didn't startle at all... I was amazed, and very grateful.
                          Another day it took me 10 minutes to get her to walk past a huge construction vehicle parked on the side of the road; she was convinced it was a monster! We had to stop and look at it head-on (and eat a little nice comforting grass) before she was satisfied that it wouldn't attack her.

One of the scariest things in the world for a horse is simply a tarp on the ground, whether something is under it or not. A trap or a dark shape on the ground can be a predator, a deep hole to fall into, water- the horse has no idea. (Remember the witness who thought Polly Nichols was a tap on the ground?) There are horse-training videos which spend hours teaching owners to help their horses overcome this particular fear; it takes a lot of work. The technique is basically desensitization through endless exposure & repetition, which is also how a working-horse is acclimated to its street environment.

I'm not at all surprised that Diemschutz's pony shied at the dark form of Liz Stride's body on the ground. It was completely unexpected. Horses have to face an object head-on with both eyes to see it properly, and in this case the object was off to the side and the yard was too dark to see anyway- to the horse, just a scary, dark, out-of-the-ordinary monster-thing was there. The last place the pony would have expected a frightening surprise was on its home turf at the end of a long day when it's looking forward to dinner and a rest.

A London cart-pony might have become used to the smell of slaughtered animals, but blood & dark undefined objects are still powerful "danger cues" and natural fear-inducers to a prey animal.
                          I would imagine that to a sensitive creature like a dog or a horse, human blood might have a unique and unfamiliar smell which is different from the smells that they are used to.

Best regards and Happy New Year,
                          Archaic & her Equine Friends

Comment

• You guys know everything about horses...

While I'm just a poor lonesome stallion.

Amitiés,
                            Buan'annado, bèn granado, Arch
                            David

Comment

• Arch,

thank you for that. Now I understand horses a bit more than I used to.

Iv always wanted to own one but never had the space or the money.

Yours truly
                              Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Originally posted by DVV View Post
                                You guys know everything about horses...

While I'm just a poor lonesome stallion.

Amitiés,
                                Buan'annado, bèn granado, Arch
                                David
                                And not even an Italian Stallion...

Bonne Anneé, David.

And thanks, Corey, I'm glad the equine info was helpful. Horses are really amazing animals, and they've taught me a lot.
                                I love my two very much, even if they are just glorified lawn-mowers.

Cheers, Cowgirl Archy

Comment

Working...
                                X