No announcement yet.

Did jack kill liz stride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched Lynn's silent movie. No wonder he is adamant about some connection to the club. He has her on a potential date with a club member gone awry with her calmly going to the kitchen door as if she'd done it many times. Then his case for how exactly she was murdered is based on this I presume? I'm kind of dumbfounded here.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

• condition

Hello Caroline. Thanks.

"If this is how it happened, fair enough. It gives you an idea of which way she was facing when her swift and deadly efficient assailant suddenly went into murder mode with no warning, giving her no time to scream."

Yes. And the forensic part is ALL that matters here. My scenario is just that--a scenario. One of many.

"I'm still not sure why he wouldn't have been able to lay her on the ground in any position he chose, which would then give us no clue in which direction she was headed when he took her so completely unawares."

Very well. But in what condition was she? Strangled? Drunk? If you could expatiate I'd be much obliged--not to say attentive.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• adamant

Hello Michael. Thanks.

"No wonder he is adamant about some connection to the club."

Actually, I am not. That was merely one suggestion amongst many. I am adamant, however, about the forensic part. THAT is essential. It tells us her direction.

"He has her on a potential date with a club member gone awry with her calmly going to the kitchen door as if she'd done it many times. Then his case for how exactly she was murdered is based on this I presume?"

No, just one scenario. In fact, she does not have to go all the way to the door. All that is essential is that she is walking east--or at least is pointed that way. She must also not spill the cachous nor can she be cut so as to get arterial spray about.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Yes. And the forensic part is ALL that matters here.
          What factors are you taking into account to build an accurate reconstruction ?

Comment

• start

Hello Jon. Thanks.

1. body direction/alignment

2. scarf's knot

3. unspilled cachous

4. mud location

5. unrumpled dress

6. lack of arterial spray

7. absence of bruising

This, I think, is a good start.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• Cheers Lynn!!

1. body direction/alignment - Do you mean how her body was found ?

2. scarf's knot - Agreed. Forensic detail.

3. unspilled cachous - Cachous were spilled

4. mud location - Do you mean the mud on her clothes ?

5. unrumpled dress - Agreed. Forensic detail.

6. lack of arterial spray - Agreed. Forensic detail

7. absence of bruising - There was bruising

Comment

• moratorium

Hello Jon. Thanks.

1. How it was found--because that is where she died.

3. They were spilled by the doctor. He admitted it.

4. I mean the heavy mud on her left side. Very little on right.

7. Where was the bruising? On her shoulders? Doctors did not know when that happened. Her face was NOT bruised. (Cf. Polly and Annie.)

Shall we have a moratorium on this? You know the CORRECT answers as well as I do--or so I should like to think.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                  Hello Jon. Thanks.

1. How it was found--because that is where she died.

3. They were spilled by the doctor. He admitted it.

4. I mean the heavy mud on her left side. Very little on right.

7. Where was the bruising? On her shoulders? Doctors did not know when that happened. Her face was NOT bruised. (Cf. Polly and Annie.)

Shall we have a moratorium on this? You know the CORRECT answers as well as I do--or so I should like to think.

Cheers.
                  LC
                  Lynn

Sorry, I was trying to find out which facts you have based the re-enactment (that you keep suggesting everyone should check out) on.

You see, on point 3, we know that some cachous were spilled by Blackwell, but testimony has it that cachous were scattered over the yard, and in the gutter (where we would expect to find them) so I don`t think that in my opinion the cachous element is strong enough to build any conclusions from.

So, from your list of facts I believe that only the following should be considered: The rest are your subjective opinion.

position of body
                  scarf's knot
                  mud on clothes
                  the pool of blood
                  Last edited by Jon Guy; 11-06-2013, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• How many?

Hello Jon. Thanks.

Very well. But the doctors/coroner were convinced that the cachous were spilled by the doctors. And all were speculating about the presence of cachous between fingers.

Now, we know that there were a few remaining AFTER the doctors prised then loose from her thumb and forefinger--I think Tom found a report that indicated a half dozen. Now add those spilled by the doctors.

Question: if there were some spilled BEFORE the doctors, the count was be even larger. So, how many cachous is one able to hold between thumb and forefinger?

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn

I agree that the doctor spilled some cachous, and there was a question regarding the cachous raised at the inquest, but is that enough to draw a forensic conclusion from. In my book, no.

In answer to your question, the cachous were not loose, so there still could have been any number still contained in the packaging that was lodged between her thumb and finger.

Comment

• Hello Jon. Thanks.

And yet, there is a finite area between those two?

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• At the risk of appearing quite dumb, I have to say the whole position of the feet thing goes by me and yes, I did watch the video. I feel like I did in high school algebra class.

Lynn -- a couple of questions -- are you assuming in the reenactment that the BS man was her killer and what does the position of her feet tell us?

c.d.

Comment

• It was a PACKET of cachous. Easy enough to hold a packet between the thumb and forefingers. A packet could be a lot.

Mike
                            huh?

Comment

• direction

Hello CD. Thanks.

"Are you assuming in the reenactment that the BS man was her killer?"

No, quite the converse. I assume he never existed.

" . . . and what does the position of her feet tell us?"

That she was facing east and possibly LEAVING the yard. When I first noticed this a few years ago, I was dumbfounded. "This is all wrong" I thought. "She should be pointed opposite."

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• tissue

Hello Michael. Thanks.

"It was a PACKET of cachous."

In one place it was described as a box. But the truth lies in the inquest testimony--it was tissue paper that contained the cachous.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X