Did jack kill liz stride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meeting

Hello Michael. Thanks. Just as you wish.

Given the body position and her cashous, it looks like she is exiting the passage. Why could she not have been meeting someone at the back door?

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• I have problems with the story of literally every witness in the case, but when there's no solid reason to discount them, you kind of have to err on the side of caution and go with it. So I accept what Schwartz says as evidence. I just wish we knew what Schwartz said. Remember, we have Swanson's hurried summary based on Abberline's reports essayed to him by an interpreter whose identity and reputation we don't know. And at some level after that, we have Schwartz and what he actually saw happen.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• not convinced

Hello Velma. No, not me.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Trevor

Hello Tom. Thanks.

Umm, verbal jousting? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• Et tu . . .

Hello (again) Tom.

"I have problems with the story of literally every witness in the case. . ."

Ah! Glad to know I'm not the ONLY one.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              Hello Velma. No, not me.

Cheers.
              LC
              Velma? Is the Scooby gang after Jack the Ripper now? Burgho, Barnaby, and Rooby Roo!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post

Given the body position and her cashous, it looks like she is exiting the passage. Why could she not have been meeting someone at the back door?
                because that would mean she was meeting one of the members of the club. That would then mean members didn't tell the police the truth. That would then mean there was a cover-up. That would then mean that there was a conspiracy. That may then mean, Schwartz was enlisted to tell a story to remove blame... then we have Jews who will not be blamed for nothing...it doesn't work.

Mike
                huh?

Comment

• Filters

Hello Tom

we have Swanson's hurried summary based on Abberline's reports essayed to him by an interpreter whose identity and reputation we don't know. And at some level after that, we have Schwartz and what he actually saw happen.
                  And furthermore of course, in common again with all the other witnesses, no matter how honest, we're only hearing a mental interpretation of what he THOUGHT he saw

All the best

Dave

Comment

• and then . . .

Hello Michael. Thanks.

And then we would have no ripper. And that would never do.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                      Yep, we're looking for a tall man if that's correct.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                      Hi Tom.

But bear in mind, you only need to be taller than your prospective victim., not necessarily tall in comparison with the general population.
                      Our common list of victims all ranged between 5ft and 5ft 5in - so a man 5ft 6-7in tall would fit your hypothesis, and that is not tall generally speaking.
                      Mary Kelly was about 5ft 7in but she may have been garotted on the bed.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Velma? Is the Scooby gang after Jack the Ripper now? Burgho, Barnaby, and Rooby Roo!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                        Hi, Tom,
                        Allow me to introduce myself -- I am Velma, but alas, not of Scooby Doo fame.

Although I prefer that people think of the short, somewhat stubby, dark-headed "brain" on Scooby Doo than of Velma Barfield when they consider Velmas.

curious

Comment

It wouldn't rule out Pipeman, and according to some estimates of Lawendes' man, he was 5'7" or 5'8". As for the hand bruising, I haven't given that a lot of thought. Most of the victims that don't have it. For those who do I suspect it was done when the killer removed the rings from their fingers prior to killing them. Or also possible is the bruising occurred from their everyday life and had nothing to do with their murders. But in the cases of Nichols and Chapman, I'm pretty sure it occurred during the robbery.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                          Thanks, Tom,
                          I've always wondered if they weren't in some way grabbed by their hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                            Hi Tom.

But bear in mind, you only need to be taller than your prospective victim., not necessarily tall in comparison with the general population.
                            Our common list of victims all ranged between 5ft and 5ft 5in - so a man 5ft 6-7in tall would fit your hypothesis, and that is not tall generally speaking.
                            Mary Kelly was about 5ft 7in but she may have been garotted on the bed.
                            Hi, Wickerman,
                            Do you consider that it was likely Liz Stride's scarf that served as a garotte? I suspect she fainted of fright or something else occurred with her physically prior to her throat being cut.

curious

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post
                              Hi, Wickerman,
                              Do you consider that it was likely Liz Stride's scarf that served as a garotte? I suspect she fainted of fright or something else occurred with her physically prior to her throat being cut.

curious
                              Hi Velma.

It would appear the scarf played a role in her death.
                              Hypothetically, if a garotte was used it may have been applied over the scarf by mistake. Therefore the typical mark left by a garotte was masked by the silk scarf.
                              Or, the killer choked her with her own scarf.

We have to account for the reason the killer was able to lay her down so placidly, and without a struggle, and without any sudden trauma to the head.
                              Although there was mud on her face, there was no bruise that I remember. So she was not thrown down, but laid down casually. Her head rested on a rock so if she had been thrown to the ground we should expect a gash or trauma to her cheek somewhere (due to hitting the rock) - but I don't think such was in evidence.

With no evidence of an anesthetic applied to her mouth/nose, then asphyxia is the more likely, wouldn't you say?
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                                Hi Velma.

It would appear the scarf played a role in her death.
                                Hypothetically, if a garotte was used it may have been applied over the scarf by mistake. Therefore the typical mark left by a garotte was masked by the silk scarf.
                                Or, the killer choked her with her own scarf.

We have to account for the reason the killer was able to lay her down so placidly, and without a struggle, and without any sudden trauma to the head.
                                Although there was mud on her face, there was no bruise that I remember. So she was not thrown down, but laid down casually. Her head rested on a rock so if she had been thrown to the ground we should expect a gash or trauma to her cheek somewhere (due to hitting the rock) - but I don't think such was in evidence.

With no evidence of an anesthetic applied to her mouth/nose, then asphyxia is the more likely, wouldn't you say?
                                Well, I do. But then there are those *&*&* Cachous, which lead me to consider that her body reacted strongly (perhaps with fright) when her scarf was grabbed, which might also account for the quick lay-down and scamper off.

Comment

Working...
                                X