a theory on the Stride murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Leslie,

Remember that PC Long had passed that doorway at 2:20 and didn't see any apron peice, however, he didn't notice whether there was writing on the wall either. Then at 2:55 he found the bloody apron peice and noticed the words. However, it is worth noting , as they observed, that many passed that wall every day and the words looked as if they were freshly written.

If they were written previously, they would have been rubbed away.

Detective Constable Halse declared that the words appeared to be written recently, however, Donald Swanson refered to them in a memo as Blurred.

Yours truly
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Hi Corey, I think that chalk graffiti lasted quite a long time, unless it was deliberately washed off (there is a discussion on these threads debating the question somewhere).

'fresh graffiti' could mean anything over the last couple of days.

The graffiti was actually quite small as I understand it, and could be overlooked in the dark -so I'm not worried that it wasn't noticed earlier by someone just ducking his head into the doorway.

But I still think that your idea is a good one...we'll never know the truth about that, and I'm open to any of the guesses.
      http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

See, this is precisely how myths are born, accepted and repeated:

-do we believe in the Dear Boss letter, supposedly predicting a Double Event (see Thread) ? [Rubyretro]

However, we don't know if the Ripper really planned on killing two victims on the night of the double event, since that bit of 'fact' is based on the highly dubious letters. [Diddles]

I'd love either of you to tell me exactly where the author of Dear Boss predicts two murders in one night, or says anything about planning a double event.

The postcard was written in the wake of that night's events.

What's the point in expressing an opinion on the provenance of the letters if you can't even absorb the content and timing of these two simple examples?

Love,

Caz
        X
        Last edited by caz; 09-30-2010, 12:40 PM.
        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

However, we don't know if the Ripper really planned on killing two victims on the night of the double event, since that bit of 'fact' is based on the highly dubious letters. [Diddles]

I'd love either of you to tell me exactly where the author of Dear Boss predicts two murders in one night, or says anything about planning a double event. (Caz)

Hi Caz!

Personally I wasn't refering to the Dear Boss letter; but letters (or postcards) in general. Yes, the Saucy Jack postcard was presumably written after the murders, but before news of the murders had hit the papers. But you're right; there's no mention of a double-event plan.
          Last edited by Diddles; 09-30-2010, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
            JTR didn`t need to be seen smoking a pipe, he would merely only have to offer them a light or some baccy.

In the case of McKenzie, she didn`t have any matches on her so I am assuming that she approached her killer for a light, or was offered baccy and a light by her killer.

In the case of Stride, Pipeman was said to have followed Schwartz, taking himself out of the equation.
            Or "The Pipeman" didn't have nothing to do with the man attacking Stride. He could have been a "non-Jew". Someone shouts an insult to Schwartz, and he places his attention on him. You've also got to take into account the number of riots,etc, the area had seen because some of the public THOUGHT that the Jews were responsible. They had become a scapegoat for the Whitechapel murders, and in this instance I doubt it'd be far fetched to suggest that "if" there was a pipeman, he was reacting to a racial slur towards Jew.

And if the Pipeman did go after Schwartz, it would have given enough time for the individual who threw Stride down, for him to take her into the yard.

Regards,
            Justin
            They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Caz is correct. Although a good argument could be made that Jack went out with the intention of killing two women that night, the Ripper letters in no way indicate this.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
              X