The Berner Street Con(spiracy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post
    Lechmere would have had to walk north-west to get to Berner Street from his mother's house [...]
    Click image for larger version  Name:	lechmere berner st.png Views:	0 Size:	51.9 KB ID:	810929

Out. Of. Control.

M.
    Last edited by Mark J D; 06-11-2023, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	lechmere berner st.png Views:	0 Size:	51.9 KB ID:	810929

Out. Of. Control.

M.

If you are saying that I am out of control, that is obviously an inappropriate remark.

I wrote:

Lechmere would have had to walk north-west to get to Berner Street from his mother's house ...

What I wrote is correct.

Here is a present-day map showing a route from Cable Street, where Lechmere's mother lived, to Henriques Street, which was formerly known as Berner Street:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	35.9 KB ID:	810932

It is quite obvious that Berner Street was north-west of Cable Street.

What do you have to say to that, other than issue gratuitous insults?

P.S. If you meant that Lechmere, and not I, was out of control, then you should have made that clear.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 06-11-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

... Cable Street, where Lechmere's mother lived...
        -- Who is gonna tell him?

M.​
        Last edited by Mark J D; 06-11-2023, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Not me, that's for sure.

M.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark J D View Post
            Not me, that's for sure.

M.

You don't deny that you wrote that I am out of control?

Comment

• Charles' mother lived on Mary Ann Street, pretty much due south of Berner St.
              Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
                Charles' mother lived on Mary Ann Street, pretty much due south of Berner St.

I suppose you had to answer because Sergeant Mark JD considered it beneath his dignity to answer me directly.

I suggest you upload a map showing how Dutfield's Yard was on the route from Maria Lechmere's home to Charles Lechmere's home, and how Mitre Square is also on that route.

Or perhaps ask the sergeant to do it for you.

Comment

I suppose you had to answer because Sergeant Mark JD considered it beneath his dignity to answer me directly.

I suggest you upload a map showing how Dutfield's Yard was on the route from Maria Lechmere's home to Charles Lechmere's home, and how Mitre Square is also on that route.

Or perhaps ask the sergeant to do it for you.
                  Hi PI

I'll skip the map request primarily because I don't believe Charles was in any way involved in Strides death.

I said to Christen Holmgren when his book came out that I found the idea of him visiting his mother, stopping off to kill Stride and then gravitating off to Mitre Square was probably the weakest part of the Lechmere case. It's speculation built upon speculation. (Decent book all the same and worth a read).

I have seen it stated that Maria lived on Cable Street, so not a ridiculous error really. Cable Street, Mary Ann Street, it doesn't make a difference anyway if one doesn't have him as a murderer.
                  Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Hi PI

I'll skip the map request primarily because I don't believe Charles was in any way involved in Strides death.

I said to Christen Holmgren when his book came out that I found the idea of him visiting his mother, stopping off to kill Stride and then gravitating off to Mitre Square was probably the weakest part of the Lechmere case. It's speculation built upon speculation. (Decent book all the same and worth a read).

I have seen it stated that Maria lived on Cable Street, so not a ridiculous error really. Cable Street, Mary Ann Street, it doesn't make a difference anyway if one doesn't have him as a murderer.

Thanks for your reply, ABE.

The substance of my argument - that Lechmere would have had to travel north-westwards in order to have committed the murders - is unchanged even if Lechmere's mother lived in Mary Ann Street rather than Cable Street, because either way he had to proceed from Berner Street a mile westwards to Mitre Square.

Comment

Working...
                    X